#FireVlade / #FireWalton

Status
Not open for further replies.
In case anyone is interested. Here is an article for the least amount of games before a new coach was fired.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1967879-shortest-nba-head-coaching-stints-ever#slide0

The record belongs to Jerry Tarkanian on the San Antonio Spurs, getting fired after just 20 games.

There is a good chance Luke may beat that record, if this thing doesn't turn around quick!
i just realized this was about new coaches

I was gonna say, didn’t Phoenix fire their coach much quicker than 20 games? And Tyron Lue was fired after like 3

Well one good thing if the Kings stay with Walton, we will likely end up with the most ping pong ball for the NBA Draft.

The Kings can then Fire both Walton and Vlade.

Find a real talent evaluator at GM and draft a real stud in next year's draft.

Then find a good coach next summer and boom, we are back on the upswing! :rolleyes:

Well, let’s find out if Booker spiked Igor’s offense as much as I thought he did last year then. And, if Igor can’t make us respectable I guess it’s time for The Process with Hinkie. Which sucks.

This reminds me of when the Bruins fired Ben Holland for Steve Alford. Howland was anal. demanded attention to detail, and was defense first. It led to multiple final four appearances, but also wore out the players.

So the Bruins brought in Steve Alford, who was player friendly, relaxed, and played run and gun hoops. There was no system on either side of the ball, which lead to one game where the Bruins scored like 10 points in the 1H against a Kentucky team that had KAT, WCS, n Devin Booker. It was a mess. Just like the mess that were in now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
No......

Support the tank, don't allow trades.

Replace in the off season.

Too much work for me lately, will check out the draft prospects here down the road. Any loss is a win now.
Support the dumpster fire.

Upcoming schedule

Jazz
Knicks
Raptors
Hawks
Blazers
Lakers

1-5 or worse!
My god we might actually be 0-11 to start the season.. I actually can't see us beating the Knicks with Dearron looking like he is injured and Buddy shooting terribly. They are frontloaded at where we are weak, at 4 and 5. Hawks will absolutely torch us in transition..

My god we might actually be 0-11 to start the season.. I actually can't see us beating the Knicks with Dearron looking like he is injured and Buddy shooting terribly. They are frontloaded at where we are weak, at 4 and 5. Hawks will absolutely torch us in transition..
I can't see them either, cause I won't be watching. ba-doom-boom-chazzzz!

As stupid as I think the firing of Jaeger and the subsequent hiring of Walton was, I do not think change is the right move now. Bank on stability and hope they turn it around. Removing coach and GM only guarantees another 5 years of getting punched in the nuts.
None of it matters anyway - not worth the time or energy - its the old fool-you-once saying.

By the end of the season DJ's coaching was cynical so I think there is an argument that it was time for goodbye. You could argue that the improvement in overall win numbers was enough reason to keep him - but beside the point now. What he did show is that this roster (more or less) has the ability to win 40 games plus. Using that metric, plus everyone's in game observations, you can argue that Luke is a fair way short of competent. He might prove me wrong but hope he does not get the chance.

I still support Vlade, enough to absorb this mistake. Walton, however...
Vlade’s one shining attribute is his ability to generate comradery and a team that fits together. Well, he passed on a generational talent in the draft for fit and he managed to take a first half team from last year that was the joy of the league to....this. I think the Vlade experience may be coming to an end.

Lol, if the season unraveling within 5 games, the fanbase imploding, and organizational incompetence is less important than daring to point out the most important blunder because it might upset some people with their head in the sand, then that says I need to know about this place.

There shouldn't be any need for that anymore because this team just flat-out removed the proverbial sandbox that one could bury their head in. There might be some damage control and rah rah I love this team posts in the next few days, but I doubt anyone will go for it.

And yeah, and Luka Doncic.
Luka
Luka
Luka
Luka.
Gonna keep saying it.
Ok if we are 1-11 or 0-11, will you still feel this way?

Vlade’s one shining attribute is his ability to generate comradery and a team that fits together. Well, he passed on a generational talent in the draft for fit and he managed to take a first half team from last year that was the joy of the league to....this. I think the Vlade experience may be coming to an end.
Too long on the merry-go-round......

Status
Not open for further replies.