Fire Walton

Status
Not open for further replies.
There should be like a 10 year jersey hiatus that isn't a retirement type of thing. Unless 3 numbers ever happen but considering the Celtics and Yankees in MLB have legitimately retired about 1/4 of all eligible numbers and can still keep numbering players that isn't likely to happen though.

not sure what this has to do with firing walton (either before or after they retire his jersey - actually, for him, they should hang a face mask in the rafters), but if you start eliminating history because of name/location changes, you remove the one world championship the kings have won - and ON that championship team was one of two players to have ever won a championship ring in TWO major sports - anyone know who the other one is/was?

gunks

Hall of Famer
not sure what this has to do with firing walton (either before or after they retire his jersey - actually, for him, they should hang a face mask in the rafters), but if you start eliminating history because of name/location changes, you remove the one world championship the kings have won - and ON that championship team was one of two players to have ever won a championship ring in TWO major sports - anyone know who the other one is/was?
If we get the 1st pick his suit is gonna hang in the rafters amongst the jerseys of other Kings legends.

If Walton survives and continues to coach us next season, then he must have something good on the ones above because the majority of teams would have canned him by now.

It does make you think where we could have been had we stuck with Malone when he got unfairly fired, or even Joerger who coached us to two games to .500 and a 9th place western conference finish. Maybe we wouldn’t have progressed, but if this team is to progress it needs to make the right hire next time round.

oh, and not pass on generational talents.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Imagine this win and the handful you know are upcoming against teams actively tanking harder than us encourage the team / Monte / Vivek not to fire Luke.

Is it worth it then?

Imagine this win and the handful you know are upcoming against teams actively tanking harder than us encourage the team / Monte / Vivek not to fire Luke.

Is it worth it then?
I just looked and realized we have 3 games against the Thunder...

But yeah, it's worth it.

And by worth it, I mean it's worth it to grab your pitchforks and start practicing your stabby, stabby motions.

why would a stretch provision matter? coaches salary dont count against the cap. are the kings that cheap that they need to find a loop hole around paying someone their salary per year and be like "how about we pay you less per year for longer for no good reason ;)"
The question is, why was this info leaked now? They are preparing us for another year of Luke and putting the blame on Vlade.

Yeah "stretch provision" doesn't make sense for coaches since you can buy out the contract if you mutually agree or you can terminate and pay as owed. For Luke I wouldn't mind if we had "other duties as assigned" in there somewhere and paid him 11.5 million to clean the toilets in the arena after the game.

I am sure the contract played a part in the decision for this season but the long term damage is going to be more than 11.5 million if we keep him.

Also while I didn't oppose the hire at the time, I really, really think we could have gotten better terms given we basically hired him the second the spot opened up.

For Luke I wouldn't mind if we had "other duties as assigned" in there somewhere and paid him 11.5 million to clean the toilets in the arena after the game.

I am sure the contract played a part in the decision for this season but the long term damage is going to be more than 11.5 million if we keep him.

Penny smart but pound foolish would be that exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.