Fire Paul Westphal

after this game i dont see a point in firing westphal. no one with a brain would want to take his spot. any coach, that isnt currently coaching nba, that watched what these players did today certainly wouldnt want to coach them after seeing this game. these are all things that high school basketball players should know. clock management. taking care of the ball. not fouling a 3 pt shot. defend the 3 at the end of a game with a 3 pt lead. jackson, pop, rivers, whoever would have stamped this list of "donts" on the players forehead and they still would have done it. i dont think its all westphals fault but it doesnt matter at this point. if i wanted to coach a team, kings would be at the bottom of the list after seeing today's game. seeing how a team can try so hard to lose a game that was practically in the bag. i bet westphal had the OP start this thread so he can get out of his contract and become an asst coach for a team where players know the fundamentals of basketball.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Roll with Westphal the rest of the year, regardless of how many more losses we have. Attempt to find a good coach when one is available so we can stop doing this to ourselves year in and year out.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
after this game i dont see a point in firing westphal. no one with a brain would want to take his spot. any coach, that isnt currently coaching nba, that watched what these players did today certainly wouldnt want to coach them after seeing this game. these are all things that high school basketball players should know. clock management. taking care of the ball. not fouling a 3 pt shot. defend the 3 at the end of a game with a 3 pt lead. jackson, pop, rivers, whoever would have stamped this list of "donts" on the players forehead and they still would have done it. i dont think its all westphals fault but it doesnt matter at this point. if i wanted to coach a team, kings would be at the bottom of the list after seeing today's game. seeing how a team can try so hard to lose a game that was practically in the bag. i bet westphal had the OP start this thread so he can get out of his contract and become an asst coach for a team where players know the fundamentals of basketball.
Nah, those are actually exactly the things that most coaches think they can fix. Lack of talent = hopeless for a coach. Lack of brains/composure = you try to supply them, same way a college coach does.

Game reset!

Your team has lost 5 in a row and 15 of 16 games. Your up 5 with 31.1 seconds to go. The other team just fouled and reset the shot clock to 14 seconds. You havent scored much the last 5 mins. Oh and you still have 2 time outs.

Take the dam time out and prepare your team ! End result is Garcia (our supposed vet leader) chucking up a 3 with 12 seconds on the clock. At this point a shot clock violation isnt the worst thing! Next thing you know we are fouling 3pt shooters.

That's all on the coach !

L

LWP777

Game reset!

Your team has lost 5 in a row and 15 of 16 games. Your up 5 with 31.1 seconds to go. The other team just fouled and reset the shot clock to 14 seconds. You havent scored much the last 5 mins. Oh and you still have 2 time outs.

Take the dam time out and prepare your team ! End result is Garcia (our supposed vet leader) chucking up a 3 with 12 seconds on the clock. At this point a shot clock violation isnt the worst thing! Next thing you know we are fouling 3pt shooters.

Exactly.

L

Lafayette

Game reset!

Not to sure, think about like this. Your team is up and you have only 30 seconds left and you have your OVERHYPED PG/SG on the floor that the supposed leader of the team. You expect him to call the play, run it through him but instead you get a loser off the bench not realising the situation and taking matters into his own hands and just chucking up the ball. I think WESTFAIL couldve called a time out, subbed some guys and blah blah blah but if its a smart team (NOT THERE YET IF EVER) then they reset the ball themselves, milk the clock down and drive to the lane to either A)Draw a foul or B) Kick it out for a shot with the shotclock expiring.

TEAM - STUPID
COACH - NIAVE into thinking his team knows how to do things themselves.

FIRE THE COACH, trade the players, make the fans happy but unless you get some veteran players in here they're just going to be a bunch of stupid young kids.

Not to sure, think about like this. Your team is up and you have only 30 seconds left and you have your OVERHYPED PG/SG on the floor that the supposed leader of the team. You expect him to call the play, run it through him but instead you get a loser off the bench not realising the situation and taking matters into his own hands and just chucking up the ball. I think WESTFAIL couldve called a time out, subbed some guys and blah blah blah but if its a smart team (NOT THERE YET IF EVER) then they reset the ball themselves, milk the clock down and drive to the lane to either A)Draw a foul or B) Kick it out for a shot with the shotclock expiring.

TEAM - STUPID
COACH - NIAVE into thinking his team knows how to do things themselves.

FIRE THE COACH, trade the players, make the fans happy but unless you get some veteran players in here they're just going to be a bunch of stupid young kids.
Coaches with Vet players , IE Sloan, Jackson, Rivers, Adleman, Van Gundy would have taken the timeout. Even with vet players you still make sure they know the situation. That's differnce between winning and losing.

L

Lafayette

Coaches with Vet players , IE Sloan, Jackson, Rivers, Adleman, Van Gundy would have taken the timeout. Even with vet players you still make sure they know the situation. That's differnce between winning and losing.
Not going to lie, HE'S A HORRIBLE COACH that just comes off every night as a nice guy and puts the right words together and saves his own *** in the press conference afterwards, BUM!

Game reset!

sounds more like an argument against garcia. if the supposed vet leader didnt make such a bonehead move you might not be in this situation. if he called a timeout, drew up a play, and garcia still did that (even if he wasnt supposed to). you would call for westphals head for wasting a valuable timeout and drawing up such a dumb play out of a time out.

sounds more like an argument against garcia. if the supposed vet leader didnt make such a bonehead move you might not be in this situation. if he called a timeout, drew up a play, and garcia still did that (even if he wasnt supposed to). you would call for westphals head for wasting a valuable timeout and drawing up such a dumb play out of a time out.
Point is it's still the coaches responsibility to make sure they know the situation. That's what he gets paid to do.

Point is it's still the coaches responsibility to make sure they know the situation. That's what he gets paid to do.
What makes you think Cisco didn't know the situation? After all, he is a vet. He knew exactly how much time was on the game clock and shot clock. That's why the shot clock is on top of the damn backboard. Cisco has been in that situation many times, and he took a stupid shot.

Both Beno and Landry fouled 3 pt shooters. Every player in the league knows you don't foul guys shooting 3's. You think Westphals going to call a timeout and tell them not to foul 3 pt shooters? You think an nba player needs to be told not to foul 3 pt shooters? Every varsity high school player knows that.

Cisco's shot in no ones fault but his own. Beno and Landry each commited rediculously stupid fouls, and we failed to get key rebounds with our best rebounder right under the hoop. It was our vet players, Beno, Cisco, and Landry, who choked the game away in regulation, not the coach.

It's amazing to me how if Tyreke makes a bad pass, or takes a bad shot, everyone blames him. Then when our vets take bad shots, or commit bad fouls, it's all on Westphal and not them.

Really? How brilliant of you to start this thread and not take the time to offer names of potential replacements.

How about putting a little thought into it, huh? These stupid threads are getting quite anoying.

Really? How brilliant of you to start this thread and not take the time to offer names of potential replacements.

How about putting a little thought into it, huh? These stupid threads are getting quite anoying.
I was thinking about this earlier kinda glad I saw this thread, so I don't need to make my own but could we possibly get this made into a potential new coach thread?

Does anybody know a cheap coach on the market that would actually can teach/coach these young kids? I think they should take the rout NO, Chicago, etc. has taken by giving a younger newer face a chance I really think Elie deserves a shot with this squad.

At some point PW is going to get completely tuned out and we will be watching a whole other kinda circus on the court, something needs to be done while alot of guys still have the fight in em to play hard this year....

I was thinking about this earlier kinda glad I saw this thread, so I don't need to make my own but could we possibly get this made into a potential new coach thread?

Does anybody know a cheap coach on the market that would actually can teach/coach these young kids? I think they should take the rout NO, Chicago, etc. has taken by giving a younger newer face a chance I really think Elie deserves a shot with this squad.
At some point PW is going to get completely tuned out and we will be watching a whole other kinda circus on the court, something needs to be done while alot of guys still have the fight in em to play hard this year....
One name I would consider is Mark Jackson, although that would have to happen over the summer.

It's not on me to do that. It's your damn thread. Anyone can come on here and say Westphal and Ellie should be gone by christmas. That on it's own doesn't warrent a thread no does it? It's barely a complete thought.
Pardon me for not being a man of many words (never was).. but who could realistically clean this mess up that's currently available? Sometimes I feel change is needed simply for a mental change (which I feel is a big part of this mental late collapsing). If it has to be with an interim tag, so be it, but I would rather the replacement be an external entity, not the sort of thing that occured when Kenny Natt was promoted.

Now that external entity, god knows, but I sure as hell would be serching now..

Give Mario Ellie a shot. Maybe he can motivate the younger players better and he would set a good foundation for next season. What do the Maloofs have to lose? They won't make the playoffs this year.

Give Mario Ellie a shot. Maybe he can motivate the younger players better and he would set a good foundation for next season. What do the Maloofs have to lose? They won't make the playoffs this year.
I think if anything he could have a big effect on a guy like Donte, always stressing to him about being in the right place at the right time for the key chance at a basket.

Pardon me for not being a man of many words (never was).. but who could realistically clean this mess up that's currently available? Sometimes I feel change is needed simply for a mental change (which I feel is a big part of this mental late collapsing). If it has to be with an interim tag, so be it, but I would rather the replacement be an external entity, not the sort of thing that occured when Kenny Natt was promoted.

Now that external entity, god knows, but I sure as hell would be serching now..
There always has to be a backup plan, a list of replacements. Otherwise it turns into the Kenny Natt experiment all over again, as you alluded to. Problem is most quality replacements won't takover a sinking ship mid stream.

I'd be interested to hear your explanation as to how the coach is responsible for dumb turnovers and missed shots.
It keeps happening over and over... and over and over and over and over... need I continue???

Who's in charge of teaching these guys? Really, WTF is going on behind closed doors that we aren't seeing (or isn't occurring? Teaching perhaps?). How do you allow such garbage to continue? All valid questions.

From the beginning of this season, lineups have been cluelessly shuffled, plays haven't been learned, late game breakdowns are becoming the norm. Yes, the players are part of it too, but who's orchestrating this mess.. anyone? Might as well play coachless at this point.. No one is calling any shots it seems, and everything is 1 on 1 or random depending during critical times. How are these guys learning??

L

LWP777

What makes you think Cisco didn't know the situation? After all, he is a vet. He knew exactly how much time was on the game clock and shot clock. That's why the shot clock is on top of the damn backboard. Cisco has been in that situation many times, and he took a stupid shot.

Both Beno and Landry fouled 3 pt shooters. Every player in the league knows you don't foul guys shooting 3's. You think Westphals going to call a timeout and tell them not to foul 3 pt shooters? You think an nba player needs to be told not to foul 3 pt shooters? Every varsity high school player knows that.

Cisco's shot in no ones fault but his own. Beno and Landry each commited rediculously stupid fouls, and we failed to get key rebounds with our best rebounder right under the hoop. It was our vet players, Beno, Cisco, and Landry, who choked the game away in regulation, not the coach.

It's amazing to me how if Tyreke makes a bad pass, or takes a bad shot, everyone blames him. Then when our vets take bad shots, or commit bad fouls, it's all on Westphal and not them.
Excuses, excuses, excuses. The coach is the ultimate leader of the team. He is responsible for DIRECTING the players. Do you really not get that? Please don't call me an idiot again. You really hurt my feelings last time.

I bet if Westphal resigned tomorrow instead of being fired Petire would be given (forced to take) unenviable job for remainder of the season. He'd be cheap since he's already on the payroll.

It keeps happening over and over... and over and over and over and over... need I continue???
Again, how is this the coach's issues and not the players' issues?

It seems to me that you just want a coaching change for the sake of any change, and that's the easiest change to make, because you can't trade an entire roster. Change for the sake of change is why Rick was sent packing and we got Muss. This team is bad. People thought otherwise because of their own expectations. They thought Evans was a franchise player and the next Wade/Lebron. They thought Cousins was a NBA ready impact player. They thought the Kings frontline was going to be one of the best in the league, and they thought Donte and Omri would be more consistent. Well, everybody all around has been disappointing, and this team hasn't found ways to put together 4 quarters of solid basketball.

Who's in charge of teaching these guys? Really, WTF is going on behind closed doors that we aren't seeing (or isn't occurring? Teaching perhaps?). How do you allow such garbage to continue? All valid questions.
So, what happens when all of your best guys have problems of some sort? What happens when you can't bench a guy, knowing the next guy has some issues as well? What happens when all the arrows in your quiver aren't what you want them to be, but you have to use them anyway? What do you mean "allow to continue"? As if he can not play 5 guys on the floor at once?

From the beginning of this season, lineups have been cluelessly shuffled, plays haven't been learned, late game breakdowns are becoming the norm. Yes, the players are part of it too, but who's orchestrating this mess.. anyone? Might as well play coachless at this point.. No one is calling any shots it seems, and everything is 1 on 1 or random depending during critical times. How are these guys learning??
So, you think the coach is responsible for orchestrating turnovers and poor decisions and missed shots?

I agree, Paul's lineups have been head scratching at times, but having watched this team, I can't put the blame on a lot of the mental mistakes and breakdowns on him. These are supposed to be NBA players, and they are making High School mistakes. Some players, namely Evans and Cousins, are NOT as good as we might have thought, and when those guys are supposed to be the best players on the team and future of the franchise, that's a problem. This team doesn't have a franchise player right now.

Excuses, excuses, excuses. The coach is the ultimate leader of the team. He is responsible for DIRECTING the players. Do you really not get that? Please don't call me an idiot again. You really hurt my feelings last time.
Phenomenal argument on your part. Real convincing. Hope it didn't take you too much time to put together such a persuasive argument.