Finding the dark lining in the silver cloud :p (split from game thread)

You can be a fan and also be realistic about the team.
I didn’t doubt anyone as a fan. I will say, presenting your teams plight as hopeless is a dreary way cheer. (PS. There is a difference between pessimism and realism- what is presented above is pessimism.)

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I didn’t doubt anyone as a fan. I will say, presenting your teams plight as hopeless is a dreary way cheer. (PS. There is a difference between pessimism and realism- what is presented above is pessimism.)
I don’t think the team has given me any reason to believe in them post-ASB. It’s been a few months. This is as real as it is pessimistic (it is indeed both)

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Can’t ignore victories like the SA game, and call yourself a true realist.
Not ignoring the Victory (single, one). But I’m also looking at how we’ve almost exclusively beat the bottom dwellers, yet lost to the G-League Pelicans twice, the Lakers, blew that 28 point lead... can’t look at those facts and say we “should” be beating anyone in any circumstance.

Not ignoring the Victory (single, one). But I’m also looking at how we’ve almost exclusively beat the bottom dwellers, yet lost to the G-League Pelicans twice, the Lakers, blew that 28 point lead... can’t look at those facts and say we “should” be beating anyone in any circumstance.
Again, IF we play the way we are capable of, we "should" beat this team on the second night of a b2b, without their 3 stars. IF.

I would not say the same against teams like the Rockets and the Warriors at full strength. Realism.

This is what I'm hoping. But it seems like those wins are more important to the fans than it has been to the team lately.
I think the symbolic value of .500 or “40 wins” is a hard sell for the kids who just a few weeks ago were going for the playoffs and had to see it agonizingly slip away.

I’m not even mad. But I would like to get the 40th win. Then can’t wait to see what Grant has to say on Thursday about the coaching situation.

What you thought it was going to be easy? This team is inexperienced and and being physically overmatched right now. Now is the time for the team to go sharpen their sword for a serious push next season.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
the title of this thread should be changed to something along the lines of...."Final thoughts of season 2018-2019 (pessimism & realism welcome)"

I think the symbolic value of .500 or “40 wins” is a hard sell for the kids who just a few weeks ago were going for the playoffs and had to see it agonizingly slip away.

I’m not even mad. But I would like to get the 40th win. Then can’t wait to see what Grant has to say on Thursday about the coaching situation.
I hoped for the playoffs, but haven't expected them. The last peak was 30-26 (.536) on Feb. 10. The next month was really brutal, and by March 11 we were all done seeing anything above .500. Most of us thought it would take at least 45 wins, but it's going to be 47-8 (.580+). Last time the Kings were in that range was Nov. 9 (7-5, .583). This shouldn't be like ripping off a band-aid by now.

Portland's 31-9 at home, and 8-2 for their last 10, but I'd like to see Joerger break his 39-win tie with Garry St. Jean and get one more, so I'm hoping the back to back works in our favor. Like the playoffs though, not really expecting it.