Favorite Reynolds Quotes

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Just tonight "He threw up trash.....hope he found the receptacle"

Jerry's wit is ridiculously underrated. He throws some really great, subtle super dry humor out there that just hits that sweet spot of humor for me in the same way that King of the Hill does. Love that jolly, glorious man and him taking Grant's ribbing in stride and making it funnier instead of awkward.
Very true.

This from the postgame radio show after the Phoenix loss.

I wrote it down t home but do not have it in front of me now.

But I think I remember it right.

Jerry got a little confused.

I think he MEANT" to say, "I can't paint a rosy picture of this game"

But instead,

He began, "I can't paint this game with a rosy..." and then he realized that "picture" would not be grammatically correct.

So, also not really being able to use the word "brush" there (although the words are so close, he MIGHT have actually said that), what I heard was

"I can't paint this game with a rosy bush".

Oh, that Jerry.

I don't think Jerry is that funny, but he knows the game and he is harmless in a grandfatherly sort of way. He is good with nicknames. Grant is a great foil for him being the straight man and defering to Jerry's knowledge. You can complain about them, but they really are quite capable without being obnoxious about it. I think they are both way above average. When there is a national telecast on a major network of a Kings game, go back and forth and listen to some other guys. That is when I realized the Kings announcers are just fine.

I thought they used to call the games together back in the Richmond days?
G-Man did call games on TV for a few seasons. They actually swapped roles and Grant did radio. Back prior to 2004 when all the games weren't televised as they are today, Grant used to join G-Man on radio when there was no TV coverage.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
G-Man did call games on TV for a few seasons. They actually swapped roles and Grant did radio. Back prior to 2004 when all the games weren't televised as they are today, Grant used to join G-Man on radio when there was no TV coverage.
OMG. I haven't thought of that in years. Maybe we should have an old-time memories thread for TDOS?