Embarrasing poll result...

Go to NBA.COM and look at their poll. Vote and check results. When I voted for the Kings being 0-3, the poll returned 47% of poll voters voting on the Kings being 0-3 ahead of all others. Sad :(

EDITED to include link:

http://www.nba.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
Well that's not necessarily a bad thing. 47% of the voters are surprised that we are 0-3 probably think we are still a really good team. It's just were not playing like one at the moment. Well that's the way I looked at it anyway. I voted for the Kings too, because we are capable of so much better.

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I don't see it as sad, either. To me, it indicates a lot of people think the Kings are capable of doing good things, even against teams like the Texas Triangle. Luckily, I think in the long run, those people are going to be right!

GO KINGS!!

VF21 said:
I don't see it as sad, either. To me, it indicates a lot of people think the Kings are capable of doing good things, even against teams like the Texas Triangle. Luckily, I think in the long run, those people are going to be right!

GO KINGS!!
Thats the only good thing about it, however, I said its sad because we shouldn't be in that position. I think with what we've got we should be at worse 1-2. Add that the fact that we haven't lost 3 straight in like 3 years. I hope this is a wakeup call.

All in all, what you're saying is that it is not an embarassing poll result (it's a good poll result), but it's bad that such poll exists :)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
PFFFT!! said:
Thats the only good thing about it, however, I said its sad because we shouldn't be in that position. I think with what we've got we should be at worse 1-2. Add that the fact that we haven't lost 3 straight in like 3 years. I hope this is a wakeup call.
(I'm still wondering what happened to the other "F" in your name. ;) )

Anyway, past performance is not necessarily indicative of future performance. We lost three straight at least twice in the 2002-2003 season. What we haven't done is STARTED the season with three straight losses...since 1997.

If they were losses with the team performing progressively worse, I'd be more concerned.

If they were losses against teams we clearly should be able to beat (although those teams are getting harder to identify for any and all elite teams, IMHO) then I'd be more concerned.

If they were losses after a stellar pre-season, I'd be more concerned.

My rationale - for better of worse - is that our entire pre-season was thrown asunder by the Pedja situation, the trip to China, the injuries to Doug and Greg, etc. The team is just now starting to come together as they normally would have during pre-season. I see a lot of possibilities in this team and I'm not embarrassed by the 0-3.

I am now and always an optimist, but in this case I don't see any reason for people to start to panic. It's simply too soon and there are too many games yet to be played, too many variables yet to be determined.

:D

I've got my hand on the panic button, but have yet to press it ;) I've been so busy lately, I havent had much to think of in terms of the Kings, but it might sink in sometime soon :E

I think the kings will make the playoffs, they are not going to go 0-82. However at this point they are playing at a level where it looks like they will struggle to make the playoffs and further yet, they cannot afford to have those occasional let downs that they normally have to make the playoffs. Utah has clearly impressed me so far as the team to beat and offcourse that could change when they play the real power houses like the spurs/pistons/pacers and the heat.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
vladetomiller said:
I think the kings will make the playoffs, they are not going to go 0-82. However at this point they are playing at a level where it looks like they will struggle to make the playoffs and further yet, they cannot afford to have those occasional let downs that they normally have to make the playoffs. Utah has clearly impressed me so far as the team to beat and offcourse that could change when they play the real power houses like the spurs/pistons/pacers and the heat.
3 games isn't much of a sample set.

If they were losses with the team performing progressively worse, I'd be more concerned.

If they were losses against teams we clearly should be able to beat (although those teams are getting harder to identify for any and all elite teams, IMHO) then I'd be more concerned.

If they were losses after a stellar pre-season, I'd be more concerned.
I totally agree! Saturday nights game was outstanding compared to the first two, and in just about every way King's played respectable ball for the first time this season. I was encouraged by the play, though extremely downcast after the loss. :( The Rockets have a par excellent duo with Yao and McGrady, I've actually been looking forward to watching them play, but not like that against us (damn).

Our pre-season sucked eggs. The decision was made to use the pre-season to look at potential bench "players" (heh), and now we have to use the first few games for practice as a unit, oh well. After Saturday's game, I'm liking what I see finally.

Bricklayer said:
3 games isn't much of a sample set.
Its not much of the result but the way the team is playing, and the way other teams are playing. sure there are lots of changes that could happen in the season and teams which start strong dont always finish strong, but the kings are not playing at any level that is close to finishing in the top 4

Do you want to know what is embarrassing? These people on the Sacramento airwaves. My grandmother could do a better job.

Do you want to know what is sad? I keep listening :rolleyes:

sactownballer said:
I am satisfied with our play and not panicking because we are playing better every game. We just have to get a rhythm started
Are we playing better every game or are we playing worse teams ?

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
sloter said:
Are we playing better every game or are we playing worse teams ?
Bit of both. The Kings are looking better in each game, and if I had to rate the Texas Trio I have them ranked Dallas 3, Houston 2 and Spurs 1. I know that Dallas is doing better and Houston is not, but I honelty think that once the Yao T Mac connection is made and the team starts to gel they will be more formidable than Dallas.

ReinadelosReys said:
Do you want to know what is embarrassing? These people on the Sacramento airwaves. My grandmother could do a better job.

Do you want to know what is sad? I keep listening :rolleyes:
: sighs : me too.....

However, Listening to Monty getting hammered and hung up on on the Rise Guys Show yesterday was a beaute I have to say:p

Last edited:
I agree sluggo. That was a mix of complete irritation and satisfaction at the same time. However, I'm just embarrased that Monty said Barnes sucks. That's just uncalled for. I'm not much for censorship, but if he got fired, it would be appropriate for all the things he has said since he's been here.

It's not entertaining, it doesn't make me listen more, it makes me listen less.

slugking50 said:
: sighs : me too.....

However, Listening to Monty getting hammered and hung up on on the Rise Guys Show yesterday was a beaute I have to say:p
The Rise Guys ragging on Mike Lam is pretty funny ....oh and "mini-Grant" too:p

But really, yesterday, really the last couple of months have been hard to listen to. Yesterday the Rise Guys made it seem like it was 1994 or something and Mike Lam couldn't be more Pro-Peja, anything Anit-Chris if he tried. I don't want a day filled of homer-like radio (say a Koz), but, I turned my radio to a different channel within 15 min.

Last edited: