Eddie House?

Have the Kings released Eddie House? I read about the undrafted kid from Utah Valley State - Ronnie Price - impressing this summer, but what's up with House?

nooooooooo bobby jackson needs to go not eddie

the kings cannot let eddie go.he proved to be a good solid player.i think the kings should send b jax to another team and keep eddie at the 1 .i think bobby jacksons time with the kings should be over and eddie house should stay.

A

AriesMar27

im all for trading bobby and keeping house.... trade bobby, thomas and corliss for kg.... or anyone really...

kings4life said:
the kings cannot let eddie go.he proved to be a good solid player.i think the kings should send b jax to another team and keep eddie at the 1 .i think bobby jacksons time with the kings should be over and eddie house should stay.
Things that make you go...hmmmm.....:rolleyes:

kings4life said:
so you are saying house is better than jackson?

shooting: Bobby(>/=)Eddie
passing: Bobby>Eddie
defense: Bobby>>Eddie
energy: Bobby>Eddie
past injuries: Bobby<Eddie

maybe thats just my opinion, but according to that, more or less, you think we should keep Eddie over Bobby because of age and bobby's injuries the last two years....their shooting is almost even, but other than that, bobby is better in the other categories

who do you people like better eddie or b jax. and dont you think we should get ride of peja he chokes in the playoffs and he is to soft.{not aggresive enough}
how about the b jax and peja for paul pierce. sounds good to me.
1.mike bibby,eddie house,ronnie price
2.kevin martin,mo evans ,franciscio garcia
3.paul pierce,matt barnes,garcia
4.walker or shareem,skinner
5.brad and get another good center or power forward.

Last edited:
kings4life said:
who do you people like better eddie or b jax. and dont you think we should get ride of peja he chokes in the playoffs and he is to soft.{not aggresive enough}
i kind of want to start a pole for the backup pg

bobby
eddie
other pg

i might do that...moderators ok with that?just wanna check

I don't think ANYONE can say that a healthy Bobby is not more valuable than House. But there are two major questions with Bobby:

1. Will he stay healthy?
2. Are the Kings going to be able to keep him next year?

If it appears that the answer to either of those will be no, the Kings should trade him now. There are tons of teams that would want a spark off the bench with an expiring contract.

thats what im saying, i want to start a poll on who should be our back up pg. like i had said b4, obviously bobby is better, but is he the better chioce with his injury history or w/e?i think he is, im just saying

I really think House earned a spot on our roster for the following season. He really bailed us out big time when Bobby went down. because of the finishing contract and the many injuries id keep Eddie and trade Bobby while he's still worth something...

not because Eddie is a better ballplayer than Bobby, because we all know that its clearly not the case, but because he has trade value and Eddie almost does an as good job as him...

AriesMar27 said:
im all for trading bobby and keeping house.... trade bobby, thomas and corliss for kg.... or anyone really...
and how about we call Pat Riley to check if he wants to take Ostertag+ a 2nd round pick for Shaq?

as much as I would drool over that trade, it's wishful thinking... unfortunately

i completely agree, house deserves a spot on our roster. but what I was arguing was if bobby should be shipped off in favor of house, which is what someone suggested.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Should Bobby be shipped off in favor of House? Um, no...

Should Bobby be shipped off if a deal comes along that will better address our needs? Yes.

In that case, should we consider bringing Eddie House back? Maybe.

Eddie House was a fill-in who wouldn't have even been on our roster had Bobby been healthy. He was adequate at times, he was poor at times. He was NOT as good as Bobby.

F

Fillmoe

i think with work House can be a good backup pg and alot cheaper than Bobby....

i mean the dude shot like 50% from the field.... hes decent on the defensive side.. hes got lightning quick speed.... he just needs to adapt and improve during the offseason....

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
We didn't always use Bobby just as a backup point guard. In fact, his biggest plus is the energy and drive he brings off the bench IMHO. That, and his willingness to become the world's smallest power forward on a regular basis.

Bobby >>>> Eddie

That's just as much as fact as the sun setting in the West.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
VF21 said:
We didn't always use Bobby just as a backup point guard. In fact, his biggest plus is the energy and drive he brings off the bench IMHO. That, and his willingness to become the world's smallest power forward on a regular basis.

Bobby >>>> Eddie

Depends on what you want - someone running balls-to-the-wall and a rebounding dynamo who can provide instant offense who is always hurt (and on the bench) or a cheap but decent guy who has proven after a rough start that he can run the offense and hit big shots as well. Yes, you lose some things with House but you gain others, if nothing else the fact that he'll actually be available to play.

Please do not take any of the above as a knock on Bobby or a rousing endorsement of House, but things are not always so black-and-white....

VF21 said:
Should Bobby be shipped off in favor of House? Um, no...

Should Bobby be shipped off if a deal comes along that will better address our needs? Yes.

In that case, should we consider bringing Eddie House back? Maybe.

Eddie House was a fill-in who wouldn't have even been on our roster had Bobby been healthy. He was adequate at times, he was poor at times. He was NOT as good as Bobby.
Fair enough, but...

Does Bobby have more trade value than House? Yes, a lot more.
Did House do a solid job of filling in Bobby's shoes? Um, yes....
Is House much cheaper than Bobby? Indeed
Will Jackson give us 70+ games this coming season? In our wildest dreams, maybe...

This isn't a debate on who is a more skilled basketball player, its a debate if House should be brought in to take Bobby's place permanently because:

A) Jackson still has trade value(at least for now) and could be useful as trade bate to get the PF we desperately need
B) House is much cheaper
C) Bobby's contract is almost up and we could end up losing him for nothing
D) Bobby getting hurt and missing a major chunk of the season seems inevitable these days

Last edited:
VF21 said:

Bobby >>>> Eddie

the problem is that bobby may not be >>>> eddie much longer. age and injury are a serious factor. i don't think bobby's played an entire season's worth of games between the last two. maybe that's an exaggeration, but with his contract ending after this season, i think it would be in the kings best interests to make an attempt to package him with somebody else in some sort of trade, while at the same time re-signing eddie house to play the backup PG, if only temporarily. i love bobby jackson. as you said, his willingness to play the world's smallest PF makes him so special and such a rare quality coming off the bench. i'd hate to lose that, but the fact is, the kings are in a transitional period, and are gonna have to make moves that look ahead to the future, regardless of how much it sucks to let go. if we had kept webber, and, maybe christie as well, i'd say keep jackson, too. let all the old farts run their contracts to the ground so we free up a bunch of cap space when they expire. then it's much easier to look to the future. but, it didn't work out that way, so the kings may need to be proactive, and package bobby jackson (who still has some value, regardless of age and injury) with whoever ya need to in order to pull off a trade that makes the team better. eddie house isn't the answer, but he is a temporary solution.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Padrino said:
the problem is that bobby may not be >>>> eddie much longer. age and injury are a serious factor. i don't think bobby's played an entire season's worth of games between the last two. maybe that's an exaggeration, but with his contract ending after this season, i think it would be in the kings best interests to make an attempt to package him with somebody else in some sort of trade, while at the same time re-signing eddie house to play the backup PG, if only temporarily. i love bobby jackson. as you said, his willingness to play the world's smallest PF makes him so special and such a rare quality coming off the bench. i'd hate to lose that, but the fact is, the kings are in a transitional period, and are gonna have to make moves that look ahead to the future, regardless of how much it sucks to let go. if we had kept webber, and, maybe christie as well, i'd say keep jackson, too. let all the old farts run their contracts to the ground so we free up a bunch of cap space when they expire. then it's much easier to look to the future. but, it didn't work out that way, so the kings may need to be proactive, and package bobby jackson (who still has some value, regardless of age and injury) with whoever ya need to in order to pull off a trade that makes the team better. eddie house isn't the answer, but he is a temporary solution.
I pretty much agree with that.

Still interested in Larry Brown resigning with Detroit and then trying to put together a BJax package for Darko. Otherwise, still a valuable throw in to a larger deal -- not only on talent, but as an ending contract.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'm not saying we shouldn't trade Bobby should the right deal present itself. I just don't think trading Bobby because Eddie is ready and waiting is the right mindset.

Bricklayer said:
Still interested in Larry Brown resigning with Detroit and then trying to put together a BJax package for Darko. Otherwise, still a valuable throw in to a larger deal -- not only on talent, but as an ending contract.
good point. expiring contracts are always attractive when they serve a team's purposes. i like both darko and kwame in this situation. they're both big risks, kwame more so, imo, but they could pay off largely. if they bust, then that sucks, and "i'm an ******* for saying they could work, but no big deal. it was worth a shot." the kings need size and rebounding to go along with it. dumars probably won't give up on Darko just yet, as he's said, but if they re-sign larry brown, then it may not be worth them keeping Darko, who has received next to no playing time under brown. the kings, on the other hand, could be an attractive team in this situation cuz we could, potentially, utilize darko. i'm not sure if the pistons are happy with arroyo or not, or if they'd even want b-jax, but they have made the finals two years in a row. they're still a contender in the east. they don't need to risk giving darko much time because they're still on top. the kings, however, aren't considered a contender in the west, so darko should easily receive playing time here. and kwame brown, of course, is looking to get outta washington, and washington is looking to dump him. he's a high risk, but with a low price, it could also be a high reward situation.

VF21 said:
I'm not saying we shouldn't trade Bobby should the right deal present itself. I just don't think trading Bobby because Eddie is ready and waiting is the right mindset.
well...solely for that reason, i wouldnt do it. but combine the two concepts, and its a good reason.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
LPKingsFan said:
Anybody else down to get both Darko and Kwame? There's no way BOTH of them are total busts, right?
If that happened, and everything panned out just right, we would have an awesome 4/5 punch in the future.

Unfortunatly, I'm not to sure about Kwame. I think he's worth the risk, but I'm not to sure he'll brong a big reward...Anythings possible, though.

I think if Darko gets minutes, he'll be fiine.

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
All this Bobby and House talk. Wait to you see Ronnie Price in training camp come October. He will remind you of both AND he is a true PG!! Sets up plays, passes, picks & rolls, good court sense, drive and score, drive and pass out. Don't discount him. He is the diamond in the rough in our summer league team.

CruzDude said:
All this Bobby and House talk. Wait to you see Ronnie Price in training camp come October. He will remind you of both AND he is a true PG!! Sets up plays, passes, picks & rolls, good court sense, drive and score, drive and pass out. Don't discount him. He is the diamond in the rough in our summer league team.
Summer League does not equal anywhere near preseason.

We need another play-maker to back up Bibby, Bobby and House are not playmakers, When Bibby is out of the game this team really looses its offensive flow, and just throws up quick shots, Not sure who but a playmaker with nice Defensive skills would be good...
No disrespect to Bobby and House, there both fantastic players but IMO this is what kind of back-up point guard the team needs.