Draft prediction

What does your top 7 look like now that we know the order?

Magic- Jabari Smith
Okc- Chet
Rockets- Banchero
Kings-Sharpe
Pistons-Ivey
Pacers-Murray
Weekend at Bernie’s- Mathurin

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I thought it was the three bigs and Ivey as the consensus top 4 for awhile now? I’m seeing different names than which is throwing me.

I'm swinging for the fences and going with star potential, which means only Ivey or Sharpe. Some other nice guys there, but the Kings aren't a playoff team next year and none of those other guys seem like real needle movers. Ivey or Sharpe might not be either but they figure to have the highest chance.

I thought it was the three bigs and Ivey as the consensus top 4 for awhile now? I’m seeing different names than which is throwing me.
Sharpe declaring has thrown things for a mix (Basically, he was the #1 recruit IIRC if he played college basketball this year) and Murray ascended towards the end of the season while Ivey fell off a bit, which closed the gap in some peoples eyes.

If I had to break into 3 tiers of what close to consensus is:

Chet
Jabari
Paolo

Ivey
Murray
Sharpe

Mathurin
Davis
Griffin

Big tier break

If you think Ivey is Morant obviously you go that route but I have my doubts
I think he's a combo of Donovan Mitchell with certainly the tools of Morant athletically. His upside as an NBA player is ridiculous. And if he's with the Kings, he doesn't have to prove he's a legit full on PG right now. He can ease into being a 2 way playmaking SG.

Alright, Sharpe is intriguing. Murray isn’t doing anything at all for me at 4.
Same. IDK why. He doesn't seem like a bad prospect, but he looks so raw and uncoordinated. I just don't trust the Kings to utilize him properly or develop him. Hope I'm wrong if that is who the Kings decide on.

I think he's a combo of Donovan Mitchell with certainly the tools of Morant athletically. His upside as an NBA player is ridiculous. And if he's with the Kings, he doesn't have to prove he's a legit full on PG right now. He can ease into being a 2 way playmaking SG.
I watched a ton of Purdue games this year because my employee went to school there and we always had it on at work. They played him at the two a good chunk of the year and is for sure a shooting guard. He had moments he dazzled but he makes me nervous. He was a poor defender most of the time, no midrange game and his three point percentage is questionable other than the wide open set shots. Throw in fit with Fox and two poor defenders and I worry

I watched a ton of Purdue games this year because my employee went to school there and we always had it on at work. They played him at the two a good chunk of the year and is for sure a shooting guard. He had moments he dazzled but he makes me nervous. He was a poor defender most of the time, no midrange game and his three point percentage is questionable other than the wide open set shots. Throw in fit with Fox and two poor defenders and I worry
Shooting is what it is. This isn't a finished product and Fox has shown when used right, his shooting comes right up with it. Imagine having two speed demons like Fox and Ivey? If they were Rondo level shooters F that, but they aren't. Ivey also comes from a system built around big passing like Sabonis. The learning curve would be minute.

He’s a bigger Ja with a better shot and plays pesky defense along with prolly a more durable body unlike Ja who misses a 1/4 of every season
Ivey was a poor defender in college. He might get better but I wouldn’t count on him on that end. If you pick Ivey it’s because you believe his offense is elite. I think he can get to the basket with the best of them but plenty of questions still

He’s a bigger Ja with a better shot and plays pesky defense along with prolly a more durable body unlike Ja who misses a 1/4 of every season
Eh...

He's not in that Fox/Wall/Morant tier athletically. It's still extremely high level, but I think it's an important distinction when assessing his upside. And while he has some of Ja's finishing/attack moves, he doesn't have the same playmaking/handle like at all. If anything, that's one thing he's going to have to prove that he can be a high level playmaker for others as he is with his scoring. The shot faded as the season went on, but I think it'll still play at the next level.

That said, 6'4 with a 6'10 wingspan and his athleticism is an exciting profile to start with. You just have to have a ton of faith that Brown can coach him through a bunch of defensive mistakes/miscues. It wasn't pretty this year.

First Happy day.
Murray, Ivey, Sharp all interesting picks. All should make for a legitimate big 3 for the Kings.
I’m thinking there is no consensus top three picks in this draft especially with Ivey in the mix, so hoping all players work out for theKings.

Ivey was a poor defender in college. He might get better but I wouldn’t count on him on that end. If you pick Ivey it’s because you believe his offense is elite. I think he can get to the basket with the best of them but plenty of questions still
He didn’t look like a bad defender of the games I watched. If anything, his high motor, long wing span, and athleticism with NBA training can prolly make him into a good-great defender