Down to the wire and other news, rumors, etc.

Does this mean the Maloofs will be forced to sell to the Sac group? I don't want them refusing to sell, keeping/ hiring our thrift store coaches since Adelman left. This organization needs an overhaul ASAP, new management, new coaches, the roster needs an overhaul also.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Does this mean the Maloofs will be forced to sell to the Sac group? I don't want them refusing to sell, keeping/ hiring our thrift store coaches since Adelman left. This organization needs an overhaul ASAP, new management, new coaches, the roster needs an overhaul also.
The Maloofs are finished. Done. Kaput. They cannot refuse to sell. If they try, the NBA takes control of the team under the "best interest of the league" clause and completes the sale to the Vivek group. Maloofs will then get the same proceeds.

Wow.. Seattle fans are resorting to our last 5 years of attendance as if the team wasn't sabotaged or anything....

They are also saying H/B should sue hahahhahaha... What's he going sue for? He knew perfectly well that this had to come down to a vote. He spent his money on this knowing FULL WELL that this was still needing to be voted on..

Also, Brent Barry and Dennis Scott can kiss my behind. They may be NBA reporters but they don't know jack about this situation.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
You know what's really great? I keep getting calls from non-fan friends congratulating me. Life is just so damn good. :)

Full text of comments from NBA commissioner David Stern on Kings (Seattle and Sacramento).

On NBA relocation committee's unanimous vote against relocating Kings to Seattle and what he expects from full Board of Governors vote

"The committee has to do a report, they have to circulate it to the board and we're planning on a board meeting on May 15. We'll see, I can't predict. I didn't see a unanimous vote coming but they decided as strong as the Seattle bid was, and it was very strong, there's some benefit that should be given to a city that has supported us for so long, and has stepped up to contribute to build a new building as well."

Possibility of expansion

"You know, all I can say is that discussion will have to wait for [future] commissioner [Adam] Silver to oversee. Right now, expansion is not on the agenda. I would never say never. It doesn't make a lot of sense unless we know what the new TV deal is."

Grant napear Is embarrassing himself on the radio right now. Jeez

Still defending the Maloofs with everything in him. Does he think he'll be fired before the Maloofs walk out the door? I just don't understand why he jumped down this callers throat just now. One of the craziest outbursts I've ever heard from him, and that says a lot

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Grant napear Is embarrassing himself on the radio right now. Jeez

Still defending the Maloofs with everything in him. Does he think he'll be fired before the Maloofs walk out the door? I just don't understand why he jumped down this callers throat just now. One of the craziest outbursts I've ever heard from him, and that says a lot
We still need the Maloofs to agree to the Sacramento deal. I doubt if you'll hear any public figure make a negative comment about them, now or later. And I think we can take a page from Carmichael Dave and not find it necessary to ruin our day by talking about the Maloofs.

Sorry, but I've enjoyed Grant today and that's not something you'll hear me say very often at all.