Don't trade so fast

bajaden

Hall of Famer
ersan ilyasova for nik? i'm gonna throw up in my mouth.
Yeah, three years ago I might have considered it, but he's been damaged goods of late, so it would be a risk. My fear is that he'd spend as much time on the injured list as he would the active list. He's never been a great defender, and I can't imagine he's improved in that area.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
In general I agree with you, but regardless of how well players get to know one another, Ryan Hollis will still be a bad backup center, and we still won't have a PF that can either block shots and defend the post, or extend the floor with his shooting ability, or both. So some changes need to be made. However, I wouldn't rush into any deal in hopes that it'll solve the problem. Were going nowhere fast with or without Karl. At least as far as the playoffs. We've won 18 games so far, and we only have 30 games left. If we believe in miracles, and that Karl can find a way to win 50% of our games the rest of the way, our record would still only be 33 and 49. Optimistically, we'll be lucky to match our win/loss record from last season, which would be winning 10 out of the next 30 games.

But hey, who knows. Maybe Karl will find a way to mine some gold out of the residue that's left in the locker room.
I am not fond of DWill either but unless there is great trade deal, I would keep the team together as much as possible. It's only for a few months. Let's let Karl sort out whether the players are useful or not. He and PDA certainly should be able to cooperate a little also.

My thoughts are based a great deal on what seems to be a fact that the team did well with a good coach who didn't even have a lot of offensive knowledge. It did poorly under a different coach who had a lot of experience. Now I am just asking for a few months under Karl to see if the team can resume the w/l record they had under Malone..

PDA seems a bit twitchy/impulsive but that is pretty much a guess.

I am not fond of DWill either but unless there is great trade deal, I would keep the team together as much as possible. It's only for a few months. Let's let Karl sort out whether the players are useful or not. He and PDA certainly should be able to cooperate a little also.

My thoughts are based a great deal on what seems to be a fact that the team did well with a good coach who didn't even have a lot of offensive knowledge. It did poorly under a different coach who had a lot of experience. Now I am just asking for a few months under Karl to see if the team can resume the w/l record they had under Malone..

PDA seems a bit twitchy/impulsive but that is pretty much a guess.
The only thing about DWill is that he is essentially an ender. The qualifying offer is too great to offer. If there is an offer that is worthwhile involving him then do it. Say there is a player on a multi-year contract that a team wants to unload and him AND Karl thinks can be useful or something of the sort. The other players I can see your point of view. The devils in the details.

so, the moves they are targeting appears that they want to make a playoff push. i really don't get this retarded front office. they fired malone and appeared to tank to preserve the pick. last year's pick, nik is being rumored for crap like ilyasova? more head scratching.

"Now that new coach George Karl is in place in Sacramento, sources told Sporting News this week that the Kings have stepped up their focus on re-arranging the roster in order to bring in the type of athletic, versatile players that suit Karl’s aggressive and up-tempo style of play. Even before the hiring of Karl, the team has been shopping big man Jason Thompson, reserve forward Derrick Williams and—in lieu of a first-round pick—rookie Nik Stauskas."

pulled this off hoops hype. they want to run more. so they're looking to get players that can move that pace... but ilyasova? really?

"Now that new coach George Karl is in place in Sacramento, sources told Sporting News this week that the Kings have stepped up their focus on re-arranging the roster in order to bring in the type of athletic, versatile players that suit Karl’s aggressive and up-tempo style of play. Even before the hiring of Karl, the team has been shopping big man Jason Thompson, reserve forward Derrick Williams and—in lieu of a first-round pick—rookie Nik Stauskas."

pulled this off hoops hype. they want to run more. so they're looking to get players that can move that pace... but ilyasova? really?
What's wrong with Illyasova? You don't like has been PFs who play 0 defense.