Dominoes startng to fall and other latest news, rumors, etc.

Carmichael Dave directed readers to tweets by some guy named Monty, you all probably know him. Read from the bottom up.

Tim Montemayor ‏@TheMontyShow 49m
report what I am told, I am not paid to source or break news. My sources have been rock solid and accurate …and I stand by my reporting 100%
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
Tim Montemayor ‏@TheMontyShow 50m
For everyone saying I am a #NBAKings fan or apologist: everyone I know in Sac knows I am not a fan, I covered the team for a few yrs I only
Expand
Tim Montemayor ‏@TheMontyShow 53m
source leaks and my sources have said they need to be very careful the #NBA has said any leak of information will be met harshly.
Expand
Tim Montemayor ‏@TheMontyShow 54m
it is likely the next vote will bring some clarity and a path forward. That's all I have on the situation…the #NBA is working hard to cap...
Expand
Tim Montemayor ‏@TheMontyShow 55m
I do not know what the next vote will bring as my sources say there is a lot of conversations to be had before any vote or decision but ...
Expand
Tim Montemayor ‏@TheMontyShow 59m
Formality but served 2 enhance what KJ presented I was told then and now that #Seattle was almost dead on arrival in NYC b/c of the #Maloofs
Expand
Tim Montemayor ‏@TheMontyShow 1h
…focused on returning the #NBA to #Seattle. Also the #Maloofs were so bad around the NY presentations that it not only made the vote a ...
Expand
A couple of other notes: Any one saying Hansen would own the #NBAKings in Sac and build an arena there is "in outer space" H&B is solely...
Expand
several #NBA owners and executives put a lot of effort in to opening a new dialogue with Hansen and it worked.
Expand
call focused heavily on how to salvage H&B as an ownership group. While I do not know who did what specifically it was made clear to me ...
Expand
my sources tell me the #NBA has been talking about how to "shake Chris Hanson out of this trance" for a month and that the Monday conference
Expand
…Continuing relationship with "that family" would substantially damage their efforts. They did not heed that warning until this week.
Expand
The #Maloofs made such a poor showing at the NY presentation that the #Seattle H&B group were warned in committee and in private that ...
Expand
"…reality of the situation" "how could they not know money was not the leading factor or consideration in any committee vote?" end.
Expand
H&B were told that the #NBA was "shocked" at how the situation played out and disappointed that it appear H&B were "tone deaf to the ...
Expand
losing the chance to own an #NBA team, they were told expansion is a real option, they were told the #Maloofs appear to be manipulating them
Expand
My sources tell me that H&B took the day today to reach out and talk to #NBA people they trust who made it clear they were rapidly ...
Expand
to #Seattle by any available means. The #Maloofs responded by reaching out to media member who they had previously ignored
Expand
and that discussions surrounding expansion have now become a two way communication with H&B shifting their tone to returning the #NBA
Expand
It was conveyed to me that H&B have told the #Maloofs that they needed to take a few days to reconsider their position ahead of Wednesday
Expand
"Foolish" and it appears the #Maloofs "are directing the H&B groups direction …they were told in no uncertain terms that it was now or nvr
Expand
was "concessionary" in nature and have "seemingly woken up to the reality of the situation" that the #Maloofs have made them look ...
Expand
continue to be aggressive and take steps that go directly against #NBA protocol in this situation…late Monday H&B began a conversation that
Expand
partners for them and the "side deal" hurt them. H&B were told Monday that their chances of any #NBA ownership was fading fast because they
Expand
had damaged any good will they had built up with other owners in the league who have made it clear to H&B that the #Maloofs are not good...
Expand
However the tone and subject of NBA conversations changed this week after H&B where plainly told their relationship with the #Maloofs ...
Expand
The #NBAKings were still "in play" …they have been aware of expansion for two months, in that time they have fought hard "to keep Sac alive"
Expand
As I have prev. reported, I was again told H&B have been aware of 2014-15 season but have not been willing to engage in that condo while...
Expand

H&B news: This conversation started yesterday and continued in to this evening after a contact asked me about expansion in #Seattle ...
Expand

Cleaned this up a bit to make it easier to share/read for those who are interested. Didn't proof it so hopefully I didn't mix up any of the lines ;)

H&B news: This conversation started yesterday and continued in to this evening after a contact asked me about expansion in #Seattle ... As I have prev. reported, I was again told H&B have been aware of 2014-15 season but have not been willing to engage in that condo while. The #NBAKings were still "in play" …they have been aware of expansion for two months, in that time they have fought hard "to keep Sac alive" However the tone and subject of NBA conversations changed this week after H&B where plainly told their relationship with the #Maloofs had damaged any good will they had built up with other owners in the league who have made it clear to H&B that the #Maloofs are not good partners for them and the "side deal" hurt them.

H&B were told Monday that their chances of any #NBA ownership was fading fast because they continue to be aggressive and take steps that go directly against #NBA protocol in this situation late Monday H&B began a conversation that was "concessionary" in nature and have "seemingly woken up to the reality of the situation" that the #Maloofs have made them look "Foolish" and it appears the #Maloofs "are directing the H&B groups direction they were told in no uncertain terms that it was now or nvr It was conveyed to me that H&B have told the #Maloofs that they needed to take a few days to reconsider their position ahead of Wednesday and that discussions surrounding expansion have now become a two way communication with H&B shifting their tone to returning the #NBA to #Seattle by any available means.

The #Maloofs responded by reaching out to media member who they had previously ignored losing the chance to own an #NBA team, they were told expansion is a real option, they were told the #Maloofs appear to be manipulating them H&B were told that the #NBA was "shocked" at how the situation played out and disappointed that it appear H&B were "tone deaf to the reality of the situation" "how could they not know money was not the leading factor or consideration in any committee vote?"

The #Maloofs made such a poor showing at the NY presentation that the #Seattle H&B group were warned in committee and in private that continuing relationship with "that family" would substantially damage their efforts. They did not heed that warning until this week. my sources tell me the #NBA has been talking about how to "shake Chris Hanson out of this trance" for a month and that the Monday conference call focused heavily on how to salvage H&B as an ownership group. While I do not know who did what specifically it was made clear to me several #NBA owners and executives put a lot of effort in to opening a new dialogue with Hansen and it worked. A couple of other notes: Any one saying Hansen would own the #NBAKings in Sac and build an arena there is "in outer space" H&B is solely focused on returning the #NBA to #Seattle. Also the #Maloofs were so bad around the NY presentations that it not only made the vote a formality but served 2 enhance what KJ presented I was told then and now that #Seattle was almost dead on arrival in NYC b/c of the #Maloofs

I do not know what the next vote will bring as my sources say there is a lot of conversations to be had before any vote or decision but it is likely the next vote will bring some clarity and a path forward. That's all I have on the situation the #NBA is working hard to cap source leaks and my sources have said they need to be very careful the #NBA has said any leak of information will be met harshly. For everyone saying I am a #NBAKings fan or apologist: everyone I know in Sac knows I am not a fan, I covered the team for a few yrs I only report what I am told, I am not paid to source or break news. My sources have been rock solid and accurate and I stand by my reporting 100%

Last edited:
Seattle fans as a fanbase have struck me as negative and slimy.. thats stereotyping ofcourse.. and I know there are some good sonics fans, like our resident hoopster, but as someone who has read sonicsrising extensively for close to a month now, that is my conclusion... and after watching sonicsgate, the fact that a large (majority from what I've seen) have promoted the Clay Bennett scenario used here is the height of hypocrisy.. nothing short of disgusting. So while I don't want them to get a team, and never felt Seattle needed a team given how saturated the sports market already is there, I won't waste any energy on giving a sh*t.. although as Jose said, they better not pay a lower valuation for it
The part that gets me the most is where are they getting their information that our arena deal is so bad? Sure theirs is better but they constantly rag on our, even though we have a surplus from the parking revenue just sitting there ready to be spent. Ours is a damn good arena deal and we already had the base from the previous year, so it's not like we threw it together or anything.

Also they talk about us not even having any of the land. Last I checked we owned all the land needed for building the arena? If I am wrong please correct me.