Dominoes startng to fall and other latest news, rumors, etc.

Tim Montemayor ‏@TheMontyShow 18m H&B news: This conversation started yesterday and continued in to this evening after a contact asked me about expansion in #Seattle

Tim Montemayor ‏@TheMontyShow 17m
As I have prev. reported, I was again told H&B have been aware of 2014-15 season but have not been willing to engage in that condo while...

Tim Montemayor ‏@TheMontyShow

The #NBAKings were still "in play" …they have been aware of expansion for two months, in that time they have fought hard "to keep Sac alive"
However the tone and subject of NBA conversations changed this week after H&B where plainly told their relationship with the had damaged any good will they had built up with other owners in the league who have made it clear to H&B that the #Maloofs are not good...partners for them and the "side deal" hurt them. H&B were told Monday that their chances of any #NBA ownership was fading fast because they continue to be aggressive and take steps that go directly against #NBA protocol in this situation…late Monday H&B began a conversation that was "concessionary" in nature and have "seemingly woken up to the reality of the situation" that the #Maloofs have made them look .."Foolish" and it appears the #Maloofs "are directing the H&B groups direction …they were told in no uncertain terms that it was now or nvr It was conveyed to me that H&B have told the #Maloofs that they needed to take a few days to reconsider their position ahead of Wednesday.

(More)
and that discussions surrounding expansion have now become a two way communication with H&B shifting their tone to returning the #NBA to #Seattle by any available means. The #Maloofs responded by reaching out to media member who they had previously ignored

I can't cut and paste from my phone, but it appears Hansen/Ballmer backing out, per twitter. Have to check @themontyshow timeline .
Here y'all go:

Tim Montemayor Tim Montemayor ‏@TheMontyShow 18m
However the tone and subject of NBA conversations changed this week after H&B where plainly told their relationship with the #Maloofs
had damaged any good will they had built up with other owners in the league who have made it clear to H&B that the #Maloofs are not good
partners for them and the "side deal" hurt them. H&B were told Monday that their chances of any #NBA ownership was fading fast because they
continue to be aggressive and take steps that go directly against #NBA protocol in this situation…late Monday H&B began a conversation that
was "concessionary" in nature and have "seemingly woken up to the reality of the situation" that the #Maloofs have made them look
"Foolish" and it appears the #Maloofs "are directing the H&B groups direction …they were told in no uncertain terms that it was now or nvr
It was conveyed to me that H&B have told the #Maloofs that they needed to take a few days to reconsider their position ahead of Wednesday
and that discussions surrounding expansion have now become a two way communication with H&B shifting their tone to returning the #NBA
to #Seattle by any available means. The #Maloofs responded by reaching out to media member who they had previously ignored

My sources tell me that H&B took the day today to reach out and talk to #NBA people they trust who made it clear they were rapidly
losing the chance to own an #NBA team, they were told expansion is a real option, they were told the #Maloofs appear to be manipulating them

H&B were told that the #NBA was "shocked" at how the situation played out and disappointed that it appear H&B were "tone deaf to the
…reality of the situation" "how could they not know money was not the leading factor or consideration in any committee vote?"

More:

The #Maloofs made such a poor showing at the NY presentation that the #Seattle H&B group were warned in committee and in private that ...
…Continuing relationship with "that family" would substantially damage their efforts. They did not heed that warning until this week.
my sources tell me the #NBA has been talking about how to "shake Chris Hanson out of this trance" for a month and that the Monday conference
call focused heavily on how to salvage H&B as an ownership group. While I do not know who did what specifically it was made clear to me ...
several #NBA owners and executives put a lot of effort in to opening a new dialogue with Hansen and it worked.
A couple of other notes: Any one saying Hansen would own the #NBAKings in Sac and build an arena there is "in outer space" H&B is solely...
…focused on returning the #NBA to #Seattle. Also the #Maloofs were so bad around the NY presentations that it not only made the vote a ...
Formality but served 2 enhance what KJ presented I was told then and now that #Seattle was almost dead on arrival in NYC b/c of the #Maloofs

Brian May was probably right today when he said that Georgie Porgie was pretty much walking back and forth in font of the media in order to talk to someone so they could leak that he "still wanted to do business with Sac". I have a feeling that talks with Vivek's group will commence a couple days after the denial tomorrow. The whole "I stand behind Hansen" was a way to not get himself in trouble, but I think Georgie is pretty much done with this and wants his money asap. That's why I think a deal is done probably before the Lottery.

As for Seattle. F-them. I don't care what the NBA does to HBN. They could say no more NBA in Seattle for all I care.

Continuing exactly where Jose left off...

Tim Montemayor ‏@TheMontyShow
I do not know what the next vote will bring as my sources say there is a lot of conversations to be had before any vote or decision but ...

it is likely the next vote will bring some clarity and a path forward. That's all I have on the situation…the #NBA is working hard to cap...

source leaks and my sources have said they need to be very careful the #NBA has said any leak of information will be met harshly.

For everyone saying I am a #NBAKings fan or apologist: everyone I know in Sac knows I am not a fan, I covered the team for a few yrs I only

report what I am told, I am not paid to source or break news. My sources have been rock solid and accurate …and I stand by my reporting 100%

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I don't care if Seattle thinks Hansen rattled Stern ... or if alien beings from the planet Globav used mind control tactics ... or if Hansen finally realized his only option was to quit being a tool.

I don't care if Seattle gets an expansion team or not.

ALL I care about is our Sacramento Kings. And at this point, I feel very confident that this will soon be in the past and we'll be able to exhale.

I LOVE THIS TEAM!

Brian May was probably right today when he said that Georgie Porgie was pretty much walking back and forth in font of the media in order to talk to someone so they could leak that he "still wanted to do business with Sac". I have a feeling that talks with Vivek's group will commence a couple days after the denial tomorrow. The whole "I stand behind Hansen" was a way to not get himself in trouble, but I think Georgie is pretty much done with this and wants his money asap. That's why I think a deal is done probably before the Lottery.

As for Seattle. F-them. I don't care what the NBA does to HBN. They could say no more NBA in Seattle for all I care.
I don't care either, but if they do get an expansion team it better be at a higher valuation than what we're paying. Those M&%$&RF$%^^%S inflated our price and gave the Clowns a nice payday. Stern better make them pay! 600M at least!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I don't care either, but if they do get an expansion team it better be at a higher valuation than what we're paying. Those M&%$&RF$%^^%S inflated our price and gave the Clowns a nice payday. Stern better make them pay! 600M at least!
I'll tell you one thing. I will NEVER support any kind of promotion of a rivalry between Seattle and Sacramento. They can go eat crab poop for all I care. I'm looking forward to building a great rivalry with the Warriors.

That string of tweets from Monty will help me to sleep easier today. "Tone deaf" is exactly what I've been thinking about Hansen/Ballmer over the last few weeks, and it's surprising considering how successful they are. The Maloofs have made them damaged goods, which has been obvious to anyone outside of Seattle. I really hope Seattle gets an expansion team, and I hope Hansen/Ballmer are behind it, because I can't wait for the Kings to pee on the Sonics a few teams each season. It doesn't need to be a rivalry because the Sonics are going to suck ***. We can still hate them.

There was also a tweet from Kasler saying that George is unable to shake hands with anyone because he has an infection on his finger. Pretty much sums up the dude.

That string of tweets from Monty will help me to sleep easier today. "Tone deaf" is exactly what I've been thinking about Hansen/Ballmer over the last few weeks, and it's surprising considering how successful they are. The Maloofs have made them damaged goods, which has been obvious to anyone outside of Seattle. I really hope Seattle gets an expansion team, and I hope Hansen/Ballmer are behind it, because I can't wait for the Kings to pee on the Sonics a few teams each season. It doesn't need to be a rivalry because the Sonics are going to suck ***. We can still hate them.

There was also a tweet from Kasler saying that George is unable to shake hands with anyone because he has an infection on his finger. Pretty much sums up the dude.
He's injecting between his fingers and toes now with dirty needles eh? That was a joke... He must have bashed it with a dirty hammer ;)

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
I'll tell you one thing. I will NEVER support any kind of promotion of a rivalry between Seattle and Sacramento. They can go eat crab poop for all I care. I'm looking forward to building a great rivalry with the Warriors.
I agree on the Warriors, but also think that a Seattle rivalry will be a "natural" as well, especially if the current potential ownership group gets a team started up there.

The opposite of love is not hate. It is indifference. I can't wait to play the Warriors in the play offs!! I don't care what happens in Seattle, they are not important.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I agree on the Warriors, but also think that a Seattle rivalry will be a "natural" as well, especially if the current potential ownership group gets a team started up there.
I resent the fans such as those on sonicsrising who have NEVER shown any kind of respect for us or our team, and have had the perpetual sense of entitlement. They remind me a lot of a lot of Laker fans I've encountered and I personally will have nothing to do with them. Yes, I'm bitter and I can not only carry a grudge, I can build it a nice little house and make sure it has plenty of food and attention.

EDIT: But as the wise Celt has just pointed out, "they are not important."

:)

I resent the fans such as those on sonicsrising who have NEVER shown any kind of respect for us or our team, and have had the perpetual sense of entitlement. They remind me a lot of a lot of Laker fans I've encountered and I personally will have nothing to do with them. Yes, I'm bitter and I can not only carry a grudge, I can build it a nice little house and make sure it has plenty of food and attention.

It'll be interesting to see if your hate disappears when we have our team secured for 35 years and they are not a threat.

I kind of agree with the sentiment that Seattle's behavior has not inspired me to want a rivalry with them should they ever get a team. Kind of a strange profound indifference is what I feel.

Seattle will not become Sac rivals.

If they get an expansion team (still big if) they will be selecting from a pool of unwanted left overs while Sacramento will be pushing deep into the playoffs.

You need some sort of on court parity before a rivalry.

By this time at least one Maloof is on trial for some kind of fraud or a Vegas style misdemeanour.

Carmichael Dave directed readers to tweets by some guy named Monty, you all probably know him. Read from the bottom up.

Tim Montemayor ‏@TheMontyShow 49m
report what I am told, I am not paid to source or break news. My sources have been rock solid and accurate …and I stand by my reporting 100%
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
Tim Montemayor ‏@TheMontyShow 50m
For everyone saying I am a #NBAKings fan or apologist: everyone I know in Sac knows I am not a fan, I covered the team for a few yrs I only
Expand
Tim Montemayor ‏@TheMontyShow 53m
source leaks and my sources have said they need to be very careful the #NBA has said any leak of information will be met harshly.
Expand
Tim Montemayor ‏@TheMontyShow 54m
it is likely the next vote will bring some clarity and a path forward. That's all I have on the situation…the #NBA is working hard to cap...
Expand
Tim Montemayor ‏@TheMontyShow 55m
I do not know what the next vote will bring as my sources say there is a lot of conversations to be had before any vote or decision but ...
Expand
Tim Montemayor ‏@TheMontyShow 59m
Formality but served 2 enhance what KJ presented I was told then and now that #Seattle was almost dead on arrival in NYC b/c of the #Maloofs
Expand
Tim Montemayor ‏@TheMontyShow 1h
…focused on returning the #NBA to #Seattle. Also the #Maloofs were so bad around the NY presentations that it not only made the vote a ...
Expand
A couple of other notes: Any one saying Hansen would own the #NBAKings in Sac and build an arena there is "in outer space" H&B is solely...
Expand
several #NBA owners and executives put a lot of effort in to opening a new dialogue with Hansen and it worked.
Expand
call focused heavily on how to salvage H&B as an ownership group. While I do not know who did what specifically it was made clear to me ...
Expand
my sources tell me the #NBA has been talking about how to "shake Chris Hanson out of this trance" for a month and that the Monday conference
Expand
…Continuing relationship with "that family" would substantially damage their efforts. They did not heed that warning until this week.
Expand
The #Maloofs made such a poor showing at the NY presentation that the #Seattle H&B group were warned in committee and in private that ...
Expand
"…reality of the situation" "how could they not know money was not the leading factor or consideration in any committee vote?" end.
Expand
H&B were told that the #NBA was "shocked" at how the situation played out and disappointed that it appear H&B were "tone deaf to the ...
Expand
losing the chance to own an #NBA team, they were told expansion is a real option, they were told the #Maloofs appear to be manipulating them
Expand
My sources tell me that H&B took the day today to reach out and talk to #NBA people they trust who made it clear they were rapidly ...
Expand
to #Seattle by any available means. The #Maloofs responded by reaching out to media member who they had previously ignored
Expand
and that discussions surrounding expansion have now become a two way communication with H&B shifting their tone to returning the #NBA
Expand
It was conveyed to me that H&B have told the #Maloofs that they needed to take a few days to reconsider their position ahead of Wednesday
Expand
"Foolish" and it appears the #Maloofs "are directing the H&B groups direction …they were told in no uncertain terms that it was now or nvr
Expand
was "concessionary" in nature and have "seemingly woken up to the reality of the situation" that the #Maloofs have made them look ...
Expand
continue to be aggressive and take steps that go directly against #NBA protocol in this situation…late Monday H&B began a conversation that
Expand
partners for them and the "side deal" hurt them. H&B were told Monday that their chances of any #NBA ownership was fading fast because they
Expand
had damaged any good will they had built up with other owners in the league who have made it clear to H&B that the #Maloofs are not good...
Expand
However the tone and subject of NBA conversations changed this week after H&B where plainly told their relationship with the #Maloofs ...
Expand
The #NBAKings were still "in play" …they have been aware of expansion for two months, in that time they have fought hard "to keep Sac alive"
Expand
As I have prev. reported, I was again told H&B have been aware of 2014-15 season but have not been willing to engage in that condo while...
Expand
H&B news: This conversation started yesterday and continued in to this evening after a contact asked me about expansion in #Seattle ...
Expand

It'll be interesting to see if your hate disappears when we have our team secured for 35 years and they are not a threat.

I kind of agree with the sentiment that Seattle's behavior has not inspired me to want a rivalry with them should they ever get a team. Kind of a strange profound indifference is what I feel.
Nah, SEA fans are the worst. As a die hard Niner fan, i have seen first hand their douche baggery

Carmichael Dave directed readers to tweets by some guy named Monty, you all probably know him. Read from the bottom up.

Tim Montemayor ‏@TheMontyShow 49m
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
Tim Montemayor ‏@TheMontyShow 50m
Expand
Tim Montemayor ‏@TheMontyShow 53m
Expand
Tim Montemayor ‏@TheMontyShow 54m
Expand
Tim Montemayor ‏@TheMontyShow 55m
Expand
Tim Montemayor ‏@TheMontyShow 59m
Expand
Expand
Expand
Expand
Expand
Expand
Expand
Expand
"…reality of the situation" "how could they not know money was not the leading factor or consideration in any committee vote?" end.
Expand
H&B were told that the #NBA was "shocked" at how the situation played out and disappointed that it appear H&B were "tone deaf to the ...
Expand
Expand
My sources tell me that H&B took the day today to reach out and talk to #NBA people they trust who made it clear they were rapidly ...
Expand
Expand
Expand
Expand
Expand
was "concessionary" in nature and have "seemingly woken up to the reality of the situation" that the #Maloofs have made them look ...
Expand
Expand
Expand
had damaged any good will they had built up with other owners in the league who have made it clear to H&B that the #Maloofs are not good...
Expand
However the tone and subject of NBA conversations changed this week after H&B where plainly told their relationship with the #Maloofs ...
Expand
Expand
Expand
H&B news: This conversation started yesterday and continued in to this evening after a contact asked me about expansion in #Seattle ...
Expand
We landed on the moon?! DID YOU HEAR THAT EVERYBODY?! WE LANDED ON THE MOON!!!

Seattle fans as a fanbase have struck me as negative and slimy.. thats stereotyping ofcourse.. and I know there are some good sonics fans, like our resident hoopster, but as someone who has read sonicsrising extensively for close to a month now, that is my conclusion... and after watching sonicsgate, the fact that a large (majority from what I've seen) have promoted the Clay Bennett scenario used here is the height of hypocrisy.. nothing short of disgusting. So while I don't want them to get a team, and never felt Seattle needed a team given how saturated the sports market already is there, I won't waste any energy on giving a sh*t.. although as Jose said, they better not pay a lower valuation for it