Domantas "Big D" Sabonis

dude12

Hall of Famer
I keep waiting for Adebayo to get there, but he never seems to take that next step. Sengun might get there someday, too. But yeah, you can pretty much count them all on one hand.
Could be the offensive structure he is in. I think Bam is a stud. Defensively he’s great, offensively he’s more diverse than a Gobert. Wonder what he would do in an offense with lots of cutting.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
we will see tomorrow. Domas often struggles against the bigger stronger centers in this league like Embid. When we last played the 76’ers they kicked the snot out of us. If we go even 1-2 over the next 3 games Im happy.
I’ve already written tomorrow off, and it’s no big deal. Bad matchup, really good opponent, back-to-back off a hard fought win.

Grizz also gonna be tough.

Beat the Raptors though.

we will see tomorrow. Domas often struggles against the bigger stronger centers in this league like Embid. When we last played the 76’ers they kicked the snot out of us. If we go even 1-2 over the next 3 games Im happy.
He actually does quite well against Embiid offensively.The problem is all Biid is doing on offense is baiting refs to call fouls by flailing all over the place ..And we all now how much refs enjoy calling fouls on Domas

Reminder Domas has a broken thumb AND coming off being sick and still drops a casual 18-14-14 on 9 shots and 8-8 from the FT line.

He won't win MVP because his numbers are just a tier below Jokic/Luka/Giannis, but man I don't think there's anyone as important to their team as Domas is to the Kings.

I’ve already written tomorrow off, and it’s no big deal. Bad matchup, really good opponent, back-to-back off a hard fought win.

Grizz also gonna be tough.

Beat the Raptors though.
Yep both Embid and Adams are tough matchups for Sabonis and he is so key to what we do. Unless Huerter and Fox go on a heater from 3 it’s going to be tough

He actually does quite well against Embiid offensively.The problem is all Biid is doing on offense is baiting refs to call fouls by flailing all over the place ..And we all now how much refs enjoy calling fouls on Domas
interesting. Checked some stats from last game against Philly and that game supports your point. Will have to see.

interesting. Checked some stats from last game against Philly and that game supports your point. Will have to see.
To avoid foul trouble DS probably will have to not overplay him and hope that Embiid stays close to his season averages on midrange shots.He will drop his usual 30+ but hopefully not on a Jokic level efficiency

Well, while with the Pacers, Embiid was not a problem. Sure Domas played alongside Turner. Kings not "tall and long" lineups are a problem and refs love for Embiid (dude shoots 20+ free throw per game sometime) - those are real problems. On the other hand - tougher the challenge, better Domas plays. But with the Kings, refs know how to put a lid on Domas fire.

To avoid foul trouble DS probably will have to not overplay him and hope that Embiid stays close to his season averages on midrange shots.He will drop his usual 30+ but hopefully not on a Jokic level efficiency
Memories from Indiana times that refs usually blow a couple of fast fouls against Sabonis on every single contact vs. Embiid at the beginning of the games and let him play tougher only when games are already being decided..

I am totally in awe with the foresight our staff had in the way they have rebuilt this team in such a short time.
In bringing in domas and knowingly drafting and bringing on more shooters. The new coach had a vision for how he wanted to run a offense and they went out and brought them in.

I've never owned a player jersey in my 20+ years as a Kings fan. Until now. Sabonis is the man. He's the toughest, most skilled player and leader that I've witnessed on the Kings. As far as I am concerned, the Halliburton-Sabonis trade was highway robbery by McNair.
Definitely not true on the last part. Hali has looked incredible this year. This trade is one of the most win win trades ever.

I've never owned a player jersey in my 20+ years as a Kings fan. Until now. Sabonis is the man. He's the toughest, most skilled player and leader that I've witnessed on the Kings. As far as I am concerned, the Halliburton-Sabonis trade was highway robbery by McNair.
Larry Bird would agree, haha. In the end it shows everyone how huge roster imbalance can be and why this franchise probably pushed back so many years of potential winning because of it. Both teams had janky fits and in one move fixed most of them.