Do we start Bagley right away?

Joerger will not start him. It will probably cost Joerger’s job at the end of the season.
He will
Do the same to Giles.
Giles will get garbage minutes before the ASB.
Then,
Maybe Joerger will ramp up his minutes.

Joerger is an idiot. Not a fan of his coaching at all. Runs a slow paced offense on a team of athletic,
Fast players.
He will continue to run a at least 2 vets in the starting lineup. That you can count on. He will never put 5 young players on the floor at the same time.

Randolph, Koufas will still get A lot of minutes.
I really hope you're wrong. 1, because I actually like Joerger as a coach from a discipline and bball iq perspective and 2, firing another coach, especially one that had a semi decent reputation before he came here, paints us as an even bigger joke of an organization. If he is canned I really do not know why anyone would want to come here. No obvious franchise players, small market, meddling owner, and has averaged a new coach ever 1.3 seasons since they last made the playoffs. At that point the only guys who will take the job would be unknown college coaches and retreads who haven't seen success either in a long time, or not at all.

Says who? Why this urge to state anyone coming in as a rookie is a "franchise player"? Can't they even get a year under their belt before being slapped with labels they likely won't live up to? There is nobody in this draft I would call a franchise player until we see them get some time in against the big boys.
Sounds like we disagree. The top of this draft had a lot of potential to turn out franchise players. That’s not based on what you or I think, that’s what the consensus of people who get paid to do this for a living think. If your expectations of this pick is to get an average NBA player than that’s where we probably differ. Bagley put up 20 points and 10rebs per game in college and is and elite talent drafted as the second overall player in the world, no reason not to expect him to be great.

Yes, I'd be done with Joerger if he is not starting. I don't curse a lot, but who the hell else would we start at PF if not Bagley?? Zach Randolph??? no way. Skal? Bagley is better than Skal is right now. WCS-KK front-court? yeah I'd be on the fire Joerger bandwagon if he opened the season up with that BS.

Why would you not start Bagley right away??? BECAUSE WE TRYING TO WIN? LOL
Giles and WCS perhaps....

Giles and WCS perhaps....
I don't think there's enough floor spacing between the 2. Giles was never much of a shooter anywhere on the floor. WCS can only expand out to the midrange. Fox is a struggling 3pt shooter. I don't see it working at all.

I think Giles' SL performance will tell us how fast or slow he'll be brought along. If he does great, I could see him getting big minutes early(20mpg), but as a bench player. If he struggles a lot, I could see the team bringing him in slowly(with some rehab excuse).

starting lineup at the beginning of the season barring any FA changes, will be WCS, Bagely, Temple, Bogdan, Fox. other possibilitiy is JJ instead of Temple. but Bagley will start.

A lot of strong opinions based on nothing. Starting a high draft pick or not has to do with ability. Once he gets through summer league and pre-season then we can talk. Some coaches are easy to convince. Coach J is really not one of those.

I would start him from day 1.

Hell if him and Harry Giles ball out in summer league, Willie can ride the pine and Harry and Marvin can take the 4 and 5 starting spots

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
Sounds like we disagree. The top of this draft had a lot of potential to turn out franchise players. That’s not based on what you or I think, that’s what the consensus of people who get paid to do this for a living think. If your expectations of this pick is to get an average NBA player than that’s where we probably differ. Bagley put up 20 points and 10rebs per game in college and is and elite talent drafted as the second overall player in the world, no reason not to expect him to be great.
It sounds like you have a much looser definition of "franchise player" than I do, and are willing to slap it on anyone drafted high before they even take the floor.

To each their own.

I just think it is dumb to start throwing around "franchise player" for a very good to great college player who has yet to even start training camp. There is this rush to judgement and desire to label players immediately instead of letting them grow into whatever they can be on their own.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Depends on his defense and really the combination he’s with. I know that his effort and energy and skill will get him on the floor for quite a bit. When he has a clue on defensive rotations and responsibilities, he will get more minutes. I think that’s Joerger MO.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Vlade says he wants to "play fast." Zach Randolph absolutely does not play fast. Something has got to give. I just don't want to see a shizo team like we did last year. The entire team needs to be built to run. Training camp should begin with running fast breaks, learning how to outlet, learning how to finish at maximum speed. Run, run, run. (And that also means running back on defense). Zach needs to go to a team that needs his services. The Kings no longer do.

Vlade says he wants to "play fast." Zach Randolph absolutely does not play fast. Something has got to give. I just don't want to see a shizo team like we did last year. The entire team needs to be built to run. Training camp should begin with running fast breaks, learning how to outlet, learning how to finish at maximum speed. Run, run, run. (And that also means running back on defense). Zach needs to go to a team that needs his services. The Kings no longer do.
Having Z-Bo on the roster is a security blanket for the coach. The GM needs to remove his security blanket. That means a buyout if not a trade. But with the power structure among the parties involved I don't know if that is feasible. There's no reason for Z-Bo to return other than to indulge the worst impulses of the coach. Thats not a very good reason. You could argue having him on the bench as a leader has a purpose, but that will lead to him getting rotational minutes. The temptation and bias of this coach will be too strong. The GM should know this and proceed accordingly.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Having Z-Bo on the roster is a security blanket for the coach. The GM needs to remove his security blanket. That means a buyout if not a trade. But with the power structure among the parties involved I don't know if that is feasible. There's no reason for Z-Bo to return other than to indulge the worst impulses of the coach. Thats not a very good reason. You could argue having him on the bench as a leader has a purpose, but that will lead to him getting rotational minutes. The temptation and bias of this coach will be too strong. The GM should know this and proceed accordingly.
Exactly. It was a security blanket for Joerger and the team in general. It's time to throw the kids in the deep end of the pool. Sink or swim. Maybe Zach can be a throw-in for a trade to make the salaries work for the cap. I don't know. I just know he really should be gone by the time training camp opens if we are to take Divac's comments seriously about "playing fast."

I like zbo and I would like it even more IF he stays his minutes are greatly reduced.
We do not need a to see fox push the ball up court and then pass it to zbo and then time and movement stops till he shoots.
I understand that if the coach thinks (wrong) that he can consistently make those shots I hope he starts to replace that with ball movement offense. With movement and spacing we have several go to guys.

I hope on opening night we see a big dose of bogs and Bagley pick and roll.

Do we start Bagley right away? I have this crazy idea -- why don't we wait until we have the team together in training camp? I'm sure that violates some fundamental law of the internet, but I'm perfectly content with people who actually know what they're doing making that decision. And I'm looking forward to the results.
Who would that be in the Kings organization over the last 10-11 years and currently on the team cause based on results I'm not seeing anyone who know's what they're doing.

Giles sat out a whole year to rehab. Why would the Kings restrict him again this year? He's healthy or he's not.
I agree. Last year they rightfully brought him along slowly. In fact, so slowly that he never logged an NBA minute! And now, after the glowing reports of his rehab, there is no good reason to bring him along slowly this year - unless things aren't right. In which case, we're up a creek.

Im thinking about certain play styles with certain pairings.

If its Bagley/Koufos then im telling the team to shoot 3s and have them mop up.

If its WCS and Bagley/Giles its pnr and transition dunks

Zbo and KK its low post scoring

Giles sat out a whole year to rehab. Why would the Kings restrict him again this year? He's healthy or he's not.
No matter what, the Kings will have to be careful with their approach with Giles. He's going to be on minute restrictions probably like 25mins max? At least for the first 1/4 of the season. We saw the Sixers do this with Joel Embiid even this year. They wouldn't even let him play back to back games.

However, I have a "conspiracy theory" about Giles minutes this year. If Giles does very well in SL, the Kings will allow him to play 20mpg out of the gate. However, if Giles struggles in SL(papaG style), then he's going to be getting 10mpg and the Kings will make up some excuse about the rehab process taking a while. They've hyped up the heck out of Giles. If he disappoints in SL out of all places, it'll blow up in their face. In order to save face, they'll give him limited NBA minutes, and still be able to market Giles as a mystery prospect who's CWebb 2.0 when healthy.

I'm extremely skeptical of Harry Giles.