Do the Kings go all in on free agency?

Much rather have Mario then tweener/injury risk Parker who didn’t play well last year

Mario is one of the only SF on the market with upside and a good body, and I’m ambivalent on him, another reason I’m not a fan of targeting one now

The idea supposes two things, which I do at this point until further evidence reveals itself. Buddy/Bogdan can start together and/or Jackson is more capable than who is currently going to start at center, and that Harry is not a piece that can be ‘relied’ on to play center starting minutes now. I already said it depends on how they view Harry behind the scenes, and my idea is moot if they think they can rely on him to play 30 minutes starting C (it’s arguable if he’s a 4/5)

Harry is a non shooting big too, so will a lot of the rim protecting bigs that need to be paired with Marvin will be. Scheme would have to come in

It makes sense to me, given my beliefs, that center needs to be addressed first and foremost
I think Buddy and Bogdan can play together offensively but not defensively for long stretches. I just don't like the idea of plugging holes in the roster with players that don't fit the position. How can you become a playoff team if your players aren't above average at their positions? Bogie and Buddy have a chance to be above average shooting guards but their ceiling as a SF is probably average at best. It's like playing Temple at the 3. He's an average defender at best but you put him at the 2 and his defense starts causing problems for the opponents. We need guys causing our opponents problems at every position if a run is going to be made. As for Jackson, I'd be more than happy if he got 25mpg of development this year to see what he's got but I'm not relying on him for anything in the future. Too risky to put your eggs in that basket.

I'm not putting my eggs in the Harry Giles shooting basket either but he has shown the ability to pull up off the dribble in his clips and doesn't look bad doing it. We know for a fact that Capela can't shoot at all whereas Giles has the ability to maybe be able to do it at some point in the future. I just think that if you get the Giles from high school, you're getting a dynamic player. If you get Giles from Duke with a bit better mobility, you get a player in the Capela mold. You can also get a bust or a chronically injured player as well. I just wouldn't double down with all the cap space on a guy who could turn out to be redundant because Capela will more than likely turn into a non tradeable asset once you pay him the max. If the Kings made like say a WCS for Oubre trade, now you probably don't have the money to resign Oubre or whoever they get through a trade. At that point you're stuck with more patchwork at the position.

Much rather have Mario then tweener/injury risk Parker who didn’t play well last year

Mario is one of the only SF on the market with upside and a good body, and I’m ambivalent on him, another reason I’m not a fan of targeting one now
Parker looked pretty good athletically after coming back last season. He can only get better over the offseason but would obviously need to be checked out, re-checked out, and then checked out again to see if his knees can handle a full NBA schedule. At least he wouldn't have to worry about playoffs on the Kings. ;)

Parker was unhappy with the interim coach, but my feeling is coach Bud would've already laid out his role next season and if he's included in the BIG plan for the Bucks, I could easily see Jabari staying with the Bucks matching an offer.

To the Kings advantage they can offer a starting alpha dog role and high contract.

But it's risky, to be sure.

As for Mario, he's a good fit in theory for the Kings. Not sure if he's a Joeger type of player. He could make a pretty good leap and that's the fascination I have. Not sure what went wrong in Orlando, but one thing is defenses could focus on his perimeter shooting as the Magic really didn't have many other threats.