DMC's comments after the game

Were you a fan of Cousins' post-game comments?

• Total voters

Glenn

Hall of Famer
I only have one question though. Why did it take this team til the end of the season to decide to rally together in spite of their coach? They were coasting for a good while and it was obvious as day.
I think they came together after it became public knowledge that the FO was trying to get Karl to resign.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I don't think we will ever know, we can speculate til we are blue in the face but that's all it is until we hear otherwise. I think the biggest thing I can take away from this with any positive is Trill's aggression on the offensive side of the ball and not strictly being a lob catcher and scoring on put backs. He can be so much more than a Tyson Chandler type of player IMO.
They may or may not have quit at various times, but at no point did the TEAM itself seem to be falling apart. That's been the thing, with all Voison's histrionics, fan venom and whatever, the internal team structure/chemistry has never seemed to crumble. There's never been any obvious infighting. Everytime we do see or hear something its guys saying they like to play together or complimenting each other.

I get that and all but even before that came out, the players were tuning him out anyway and not putting forth the effort.
Karl was still jerking them around with playing time and whatever else was going on behind the scenes. I get the sense that all of Karl's authority has finally been stripped.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
They may or may not have quit at various times, but at no point did the TEAM itself seem to be falling apart. That's been the thing, with all Voison's histrionics, fan venom and whatever, the internal team structure/chemistry has never seemed to crumble. There's never been any obvious infighting. Everytime we do see or hear something its guys saying they like to play together or complimenting each other.
I have no doubt the players like playing each other. I remember Casspi said something similar to that in a post game interview. When they quit on the coach, that also resulted in them quitting on each other as a team and the fan base. The booing probably helped stir the pot as far as putting forth effort in the home games at least. The road games could be the same old story with the Kings.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Karl was still jerking them around with playing time and whatever else was going on behind the scenes. I get the sense that all of Karl's authority has finally been stripped.
He is getting fired regardless, he doesn't have to do anything that he doesn't want to do as far as when the game is going on. He could sit out Trill for coach's decision and Vlade couldn't do anything about it unless he fired him.

Should Karl get credit for WCS's development? He s the one that played him, brought him along. Just sayin '. That's what coaches do with rookies/novices. Where do you draw the line? Just askin'.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Should Karl get credit for WCS's development? He s the one that played him, brought him along. Just sayin '. That's what coaches do with rookies/novices. Where do you draw the line? Just askin'.
Coaches may do that, but George Karl hasn't done it. Played him? Brought him along? No, just no. The only thing George Karl has done is get WCS to where he's going to prove his value in spite of his coach.

Sorry, but I'm not gonna let George Karl get any credit on this. He hasn't earned it and he doesn't deserve it.

Should anyone care about oversensitive players who take things really personally? I heard Karl's comments and they could be taken any number of ways. Maybe he meant Seth would play at least a couple of years. Or maybe the coach was trying to motivate him. Really though, GROW UP!!!! Don't take every little thing so personally. It's amazing how so many people on this forum just eat all this up. And our star player is leading the charge. Jeesus. Just grow up! my god!

I love how this team has rallied together in spite of their coach, instead of having thrown in the towel. That is grit. **** anyone who says they're only in it for themselves.
Rally when? After the season is over? They tanked. Plain and simple. The season has been miserable but ya we like the unity!?! What?

That turn around jumper is something Nancy has been working with him on all season.

Aaron Bruski ‏@aaronbruski 58m58 minutes ago
Will the Sacramento Bee turn in their Karl pom poms now that the NBA’s most marketable player put him on blast? Tough spot for columnists
If we keep the NBAs most marketable player then we better let him hire the next coach and live with it. Otherwise we could almost never find someone he both likes and respects. Really we should just name Cousins the new head coach. This team will not go any where with him otherwise. Despite the terrible season the posters here love the drama and support the undermining or distespect of every coach except Malone. We cant hire malone back. So what now?

If we keep the NBAs most marketable player then we better let him hire the next coach and live with it. Otherwise we could almost never find someone he both likes and respects. Really we should just name Cousins the new head coach. This team will not go any where with him otherwise. Despite the terrible season the posters here love the drama and support the undermining or distespect of every coach except Malone. We cant hire malone back. So what now?
He was referring to Steph Curry, not Cousins.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Really solid point, but he was referring to Steph Curry as the most marketable player who tweeted the DMC/Seth pic and said "[100 emoticon X 6] respect @boogiecousins @sdotcurry"

Steph Curry put Karl on blast for saying that crap about his brother. That's who Aaron Bruski was referring too.

Steph Curry put Karl on blast for saying that crap about his brother. That's who Aaron Bruski was referring too.
I saw the post here and the thread is called DMC comments after the game. So easy mistake to make. I stand by what I said refering to Cousins comments. There I go assuming I knew something based on my perception. What a coinsidence.

Also, has anyone talked to Karl to clarify what he said? His comments where vague at best. Getting mad and saying something is just childish. Even if Karl meant it the way people think, so what. Prove him wrong. Dont cry like a *****. Sorry for the language but jiminy.

Last edited:
If you draft a player like Willie and he is capable playing like this on offense, but all season long his minutes are down and he is clearly hesitating to even attempting something on the offensive end, it just shows me, that the coach is doing a bad job on his rookie. This team needs every bit of talent, but all season we saw Boogie trying to shoulder a way too big load. Why on earth would you waste all this raw offensive potential until the season is almost over?
I didn't believe that Willie could do those things. But I have to admit that Bajaden was spot on with his believe, that our Rookie is a way better offensive player as he has shown.
And it makes me angry. All year we should have watched Willie being aggressive, using this solid hook and his quick first step on offense.
Instead we saw a young player passing on shots and being just a bystander on offense, while his so called coach was talking about rookie mistakes.

Unbelievable how incompetent an experienced NBA coach can be.

I'll reiterate my hopes that the next coach will be someone like Luke Walton or David Blatt. These guys are hungry and they have great feel for their players (except Blatt for Bron, but that's just positive in my opinion). I like defensive coaches, but somehow I don't feel that Thibs is a good match for this team. He has some of that authority complex that Karl has. Bill Walton thinks that Luke should stay put in GSW. I can understand that given Kerr's medical issues. So, chances to get Luke may not be that great.

I'll reiterate my hopes that the next coach will be someone like Luke Walton or David Blatt. These guys are hungry and they have great feel for their players (except Blatt for Bron, but that's just positive in my opinion). I like defensive coaches, but somehow I don't feel that Thibs is a good match for this team. He has some of that authority complex that Karl has. Bill Walton thinks that Luke should stay put in GSW. I can understand that given Kerr's medical issues. So, chances to get Luke may not be that great.
Ime Udoka. That's my guy. And I think he'd be great for this team. IF he's willing to take the job.

I saw the post here and the thread is called DMC comments after the game. So easy mistake to make. I stand by what I said refering to Cousins comments. There I go assuming I knew something based on my perception. What a coinsidence.

Also, has anyone talked to Karl to clarify what he said? His comments where vague at best. Getting mad and saying something is just childish. Even if Karl meant it the way people think, so what. Prove him wrong. Dont cry like a *****. Sorry for the language but jiminy.
No one cares what Karl meant. No one.

It doesn't matter anymore. His mind games are over.

His coaching this year has been as bad as any coach in the league. Most dissapointing by far.

Blatt is at the top of my list as well.
I've been following him for over 10 years (in Israel, Europe & the Russian national team) -
No one I know is better in maxing players' skills and developing young talents.
BTW, until he came to the NBA, Blatt was considered a defensive coach ( a defensive genius, even).

If Karl wants to call out players in the media, then he himself has set the tone to discuss how everyone feels about each other in public. To me, it's whinny and small to diminish your players accomplishments because their success proves you were wrong.

I can't understand this mentality that Karl is their boss, therefore the players must endure whatever he dishes out. Karl doesn't have to be professional, but the players do because they are subordinates? Karl does not own the players, nor is he their parent.

Last edited:
Yeah....that erases everything negative stuff that he has done over the 6 blissful years here.
Not my point at all.

Cousins deserves to be criticized for not being able to keep his emotions in check.

But the notion that his comments were out of line when he is supporting his teammates but it's okay for Karl to throw shade at his own guys makes no sense.

In this specific instance it is very clear who is trying to elevate morale and who is dragging it down.