DMC's comments after the game

Were you a fan of Cousins' post-game comments?

• Total voters

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Carmichael Dave ‏@CarmichaelDave 3m3 minutes ago
Were you a fan of Boogie's postgame comments?

Dave started this poll. Since I know a number of our members don't have Twitter, I figured we could take our own poll.

Dave started the poll because both Deuce and Morgan thought DMC was out of line while Dave applauded what DMC said and how he said it.

EDIT: This refers to the video-bomb DMC did right before Kayte started her post-game interview with Seth Curry. See post #13 below.

Last edited:

gunks

Hall of Famer
On the one hand, Cuz should be professional and not undermine a coach, who in all likelihood is on his way out anyways. It's not a good look for him, or this team's already poor reputation. All the Yahoo hacks will probably be all over this like flies on a turd.

On the other hand. ... **** Karl. He's taken lazy coaching and toxicity to Westphailian levels.

I'm on team Cuz.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Good for Boogie. All but confirms that most of the slander that Peaches and Voison have been saying about Boogie poisoning the locker room has been false. We all know who's responsible for that.
No doubt.

I'm pretty blasted sure the "leaks" to the various social media also came from the same source. And that source may have greatly underestimated the resilience of Kings fans and their loyalty to their team, especially when certain players are being attacked for no reason but some aged-hasbeen's ego.

I am because it's shows the team is sticking together. Chemistry comes knowing your teammate believes in you and knowing he has your back. A lot of times when the team is losing or going south. Teammates turn on each other or point fingers. This team is sticking together.

Its irrelevant in my mind. Karl will be fired soon enough, so if this is perceived as a dig towards Karl or insubordination of sorts, it is a dig at a man already six feet under, figuratively speaking of course :) I am glad to see Boogie is having some fun in these dog days instead of moping to the finish line,

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Its irrelevant in my mind. Karl will be fired soon enough, so if this is perceived as a dig towards Karl or insubordination of sorts, it is a dig at a man already six feet under, figuratively speaking of course :) I am glad to see Boogie is having some fun in these dog days instead of moping to the finish line,
It's about DMC showing support for Seth Curry, which is more than GK did.

It's about DMC showing support for Seth Curry, which is more than GK did.
I realize that, though I don't think Karl meant his two year comment as a slight. He just lacks emotional intelligence. And in terms of Boogie's motivation it is two fold: (1) to support Seth (2) take a swipe at a coach he doesn't like or respect. Or three fold: (3) have a little fun in the dog days of another wasted season.

I don't know if this belongs here, but this all reminds me of what Karl has been saying all season blaming the players for the teams woes. I think that those comments weren't just swipes at the players, I think those were also comments meant for the front office.

The whole year GK has been coaching the team he wishes he had instead of the team he does have. Karl started this season by lobbying to trade Cousins, probavly to get "his type of guys." When that was put away he just decided to mold the team into his type of team. I mean Cousins shooting threes and dribble driving from the arc? Come on, I don't even think Karl thought Cousins could actually pull it off. Karl calling Seth our best perimeter defender then benching him for two months, I think that was meant as a shot at our guards as opposed to a compliment to Seth. WCS has two great games and in the post game Karl tries to completely discredit him. Bush league. Karl doesn't want these players and they know it. That's why guys are upset about the coach not having their back. They know the coach doesn't even want them there. Maybe GK should have been a professional and coached the team he had instead of just cashing his check.

I'm thrilled to see this team bonding together even if it is over the carcass of GK. Karl doesn't want them, they (and we) don't want him either.
#firekarl #outofacannon

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
For reals? Somebody is questioning Cousins over that?

Gah.

In other news, I got tickets for tomorrow night. I'm enjoying the Blazers success this season, lady friend is a huge fan, but the way I see it we did them a favor tonight so they can lose tomorrow and I can win my friendly bet...

Thanks for posting this here. I should have included it in the OP for those who might not know what was going on. :)
Thanks, whoever posted it but I couldn't understand a word Cuz said. It wasn't very much. Can anyone paraphrase what he said? I read this hard and couldn't make any sense of it. Thanks.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Thanks, whoever posted it but I couldn't understand a word Cuz said. It wasn't very much. Can anyone paraphrase what he said? I read this hard and couldn't make any sense of it. Thanks.
DMC walks up from behind Seth and says (ON CAMERA) as Kayte gets ready to interview Seth:

"You're gonna be in this league a long time boy. You remember that. A LONG TIME!!"

DMC walks up from behind Seth and says (ON CAMERA) as Kayte gets ready to interview Seth:

"You're gonna be in this league a long time boy. You remember that. A LONG TIME!!"
Maybe I am dumb or missing something, but how in the world is that even the least bit controversial? Guy has a big game and another guy says you are going to be in the league a long time. What is the big deal (or even small deal)?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Maybe I am dumb or missing something, but how in the world is that even the least bit controversial? Guy has a big game and another guy says you are going to be in the league a long time. What is the big deal (or even small deal)?
It was a response to George Karl's comment after the game before that Seth Curry would only be in the league a couple of years.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I love how this team has rallied together in spite of their coach, instead of having thrown in the towel. That is grit. **** anyone who says they're only in it for themselves.
I only have one question though. Why did it take this team til the end of the season to decide to rally together in spite of their coach? They were coasting for a good while and it was obvious as day.

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
I only have one question though. Why did it take this team til the end of the season to decide to rally together in spite of their coach? They were coasting for a good while and it was obvious as day.
Good question, actually. It's clear that they're playing together to spite Karl right now. It wouldn't have been as obvious earlier, I guess. Can't say that I have an answer.

Maybe they're on a huge troll, and will win out the rest of the regular season.

Maybe it was WCS saying, "**** it, these last games are for the fans."

Maybe I will have another beer.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Good question, actually. It's clear that they're playing together to spite Karl right now. It wouldn't have been as obvious earlier, I guess. Can't say that I have an answer.

Maybe they're on a huge troll, and will win out the rest of the regular season.

Maybe it was WCS saying, "**** it, these last games are for the fans."

Maybe I will have another beer.
I don't think we will ever know, we can speculate til we are blue in the face but that's all it is until we hear otherwise. I think the biggest thing I can take away from this with any positive is Trill's aggression on the offensive side of the ball and not strictly being a lob catcher and scoring on put backs. He can be so much more than a Tyson Chandler type of player IMO.