DishNetwok and DirecTV sign with Comcast!

I apparently had a better night than VF21, and I went to a friend's memorial service.

I believe that DirecTV doesn't carry the Comcast Channel until November 16.

We tried several times but could not get through to the DirecTV satellite programming nerds on the telephone.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Okay, and it's gets even better...

409 is blacked out during the game broadcast. Then, after the game, the Post-game show is on, followed by a repeat of the pre-game show.

Then - hold onto your seats - the game is ready to be broadcast again. You know, after it's over - kind of like an instant NBA classic or something. And what does DishNetwork do? They black out the re-broadcast!!!!!

AAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!

Entity

Hall of Famer
yeah i got that same crap. I realize i am not in the same boat as you being as i am on the east coast but i got the top 180 with multi-sport package and others. and the only thing i want to watch is Blacked Out. WTF is that. I pay them over 100 bucks a month and i can't watch the only thing on this channel that is worth a sh** , and i pay for this channel.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Entity said:
yeah i got that same crap. I realize i am not in the same boat as you being as i am on the east coast but i got the top 180 with multi-sport package and others. and the only thing i want to watch is Blacked Out. WTF is that. I pay them over 100 bucks a month and i can't watch the only thing on this channel that is worth a sh** , and i pay for this channel.
Same here, Entitiy. I got to watch the pre-game show...then game blacked out...then post game show...then pre-game show again...then re-broadcast is blacked out again. I'm willing to bet that if I stayed up long enough, I could watch the post game show again.

1. I am 2,000 miles from Sacramento, so it makes perfect sense that my game telecast would be blacked out. I am forced to pay for League Pass as expected. That is the very purpose of League Pass...to watch games out of my area.

2. I get channel 409 on my dish...nice in that I can watch other local broadcasts for my home area. (Home is where the heart is....in Sacramento).

3. VF21 cannot get the game (it is blacked out) where she is just 2 hours north of Sacramento, although Southern Oregon and Western Nevada get it...both of whom are beyond her. (Others in northern CA have the same problem...i.e. places like Yuba City and Truckee.)

4. VF21 (and others) cannot get the games on LP either (they are blacked out) because they are being broadcast by their regional coverage.

5. Totally unfair! They can't have it both ways. Somebody has got to use a little common sense (it only takes a little here) and give.

6. That is how I see it!

6th said:
3. (Others in northern CA have the same problem...i.e. places like Yuba City and Truckee.)
Hey 6th I am in YC and I get the games.

It would be curious to see if DirecTV will show the channel in your area VF. Might be a long shot but who knows with the companies.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
And interestingly enough, the rebroadcast of the game today was STILL blacked out. WTF???

This is just beyond ridiculous. I can't even dial the DishNetwork customer service line any more without beginning to foam at the mouth. I'm just about willing to pay Comcast to string a single cable all the way from Sacramento to my house.

Grrrrrrrrrr.