NBC Sports CA and Dish Network

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
I'm hoping someone can confirm whether Dish is carrying NBC Sports CA again (so I would be able to watch the Kings if I switched back from DirecTV, which we generally hate). It looks like they are carrying it again (Channel 159?, possibly only with the Multi-Sport Pack?) but I'd like independent confirmation instead of hoping that whatever some sales person on the phone says is correct.

There was a lot of confusion and runaround when they dropped the channel 2 years ago and I don't want to go around and around on the phone with them figuring it out if someone could just quickly confirm here first. Thanks!

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
as a Dish subscriber, I can confirm that channel 159 which used to be NBC Sports is no longer being carried by Dish but I am not in California so I cannot confirm whether being in state versus out of state matters in terms of getting the channel. In my view, if I don't have it in one state, it only would make sense that California would not carry it either

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
Can't move to streaming?
We live out of town. No fiber options, etc. I have Verizon 5G home internet that works OK most of the time but the local tower can get overwhelmed at busy times (like during MNF on Prime when EVERYONE is streaming). I'd rather have a satellite service than try to overstretch our internet capacity. I tried Starlink and while the speeds were good that service did not play nicely with the Splashtop software we use for work when I am working remotely.