DishNetwok and DirecTV sign with Comcast!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I don't have the details yet, but both DishNetwork and DirecTV have SIGNED deals with Comcast for the Comcast Sports Network. From what I've heard the Dish deal was made public an hour ago and the DirecTV deal was announced about 15 minutes ago...

More details as I (or anyone else) gets them!

:D

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Ch 409 on my Dish says Comcast SportsNet. Right this minute, it is showing auto racing (Speed Channel).

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Okay, it comes on as CSNWS. Any guesses which one that is?

Comcast Sports Net W..... S.....

Well, whatever it is......it isn't California. :(

No prob, however. I already paid for League Pass. :p

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
6th said:
Okay, it comes on as CSNWS. Any guesses which one that is?

Comcast Sports Net W..... S.....

Well, whatever it is......it isn't California. :(

No prob, however. I already paid for League Pass. :p
CSNWS stands for Comcast Sports Net West

It will be like many other regional sports channels, meaning it won't be available for viewing in all locations.

I don't know any details about if games will be blacked out or in what areas, if any.

I'm sorry, I should have given more details. It was announced in KHTK as a breaking news story, Comcast cut the deal with Direct TV and all regular subscribers will be able to view ALL KINGS GAME on SportsNetWest channel, which will view on channel 656. They had just completed the deal when I heard the news at about 6:30.

VF21 said:
Yes, and you read it here first!!! (Look at the time of my post...)

Please VF21 don't jive me like that ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!!!!?????? Man I have been railing on Direct TV for weeks. This would be sweet!!!!

VF21 said:
Yes, and you read it here first!!! (Look at the time of my post...)

Actually, ahem, I heard it in my car first...but I DID have some new and exciting info which you didn't, that's why I thought I should chime in!

CHANNEL 656.

YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rhuber said:
Anyone hear any word on the status of negotiations between comcast & charter communications?
Charter?? That X@%!...

It is what I got one week ago

Dear CokeBee,

Thank you for your inquiry and for your interest in NBA League Pass.

For technical and contractual reasons, Charter is not offering NBA League Pass in all locations. However, I recommend that you call 1-888-SPORTS-IN to confirm with a representative that the package is not offered this year. If it is not, please check back next year as Charter’s policies and conditions in your area might change.

iN DEMAND
Charter doesn't even sign a contract with NBA. I seriously doubt that Charter will sign a deal with Comcast. :mad:

I really happy for people who have DishNetwork and DirectTV. Congratulations

CokeBee said:
Charter?? That X@%!...

It is what I got one week ago

Charter doesn't even sign a contract with NBA. I seriously doubt that Charter will sign a deal with Comcast. :mad:

I really happy for people who have DishNetwork and DirectTV. Congratulations
I don't believe Comcast offers NBA League Pass either (but I could be wrong about that now). It truly sucks when the free world of cable and satellite providers all offer different things AND they don't service your area.

Charter will eventually follow suit, if you are in the area. I'm really sorry for you, Cokebee. I have been feeling your frustration since pre-season! Better days ahead... :)

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Lightforms said:
check out the kings.com page, it says that direcTV will start on tuesday, nov. 16th.

HooRaaaay!!!! :D
Well, that is good news, and should put some minds at ease. Thanks for posting the info!

http://www.nba.com/kings/news/Comcast_SportsNet_Announces_Di-122766-58.html
---------------------------
Comcast SportsNet Announces Distribution Agreement With DirectTV

SACRAMENTO – November 12, 2004 Comcast SportsNet West, the new 24-hour regional sports network featuring the Sacramento Kings, announced today a carriage agreement with DIRECTV to deliver the regional sports network with its Sacramento Kings games and other regional sporting events to customers in Northern California and parts of Nevada and Oregon via the DIRECTV® programming service.

Beginning Tuesday, Nov. 16, eligible residential DIRECTV customers can watch Kings games and other Comcast SportsNet sporting events on channel 656. Comcast SportsNet West is also available to eligible DIRECTV customers as part of the DIRECTV SPORTS Pack, which is available ala carte throughout the United States to all DIRECTV customers. Comcast SportsNet West will also soon be available to commercial customers.

“DIRECTV understands how important local sports programming is for its customers,” said Stephanie Campbell, executive vice president, Programming, DIRECTV, Inc. “Chicago’s sports fans will now have access to the games of their hometown teams along with local sports information and analysis via DIRECTV.”

"DIRECTV customers have not been able to enjoy Comcast SportsNet and we are pleased to provide them our network," said Michael Sheehey, general manager for Comcast SportsNet West. "This agreement allows us to reach many fans throughout central California."

Comcast SportsNet West launched with 52 regular season Sacramento Kings games and features live warm-up and wrap-up coverage for each game. The network offers a variety of other regional sports events including Cal, Stanford and UC Davis athletic events.

Comcast SportsNet will be making additional announcements as new local distributors add the network to their channel line-ups. Subscriber questions as to when service will be available via other providers should be directed to their provider.
============================

http://www.nba.com/kings/news/Comcast_SportsNet_Signs_Distri-122767-58.html
------------------------
Comcast SportsNet Signs Distribution Agreement With Dish Network

SACRAMENTO November 12, 2004 - Comcast SportsNet West, the new 24-hour regional sports network featuring the Sacramento Kings, announced today a carriage agreement with EchoStar Communications Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH) to deliver the regional sports network with its Sacramento Kings games and other regional sporting events to subscribers in three states via DISH Network satellite TV.

Beginning immediately, eligible DISH Network subscribers can watch Kings games and other Comcast SportsNet sporting events on DISH Network channel 409. Comcast SportsNet West is available to eligible DISH Network customers in the central California, southern Oregon and western Nevada regions.

¡§Our agreement with Comcast SportsNet West allows sports fans to watch their beloved Kings and other regional sporting events on DISH Network,¡¨ said Eric Sahl, vice president of Programming at EchoStar. ¡§We are pleased to be able to offer this new channel to our customers.¡¨

"We are pleased to offer Comcast SportsNet to DISH Network customers," said Michael Sheehey, general manager for Comcast SportsNet West. "We are confident the fans will enjoy the 24/7 sports programming including the Sacramento Kings and other regional and local sports teams."

Comcast SportsNet West carries 52 regular season Sacramento Kings games and features live warm-up and wrap-up coverage for each game. The network offers a variety of other regional sports events including Cal, Stanford and UC Davis athletic events.

Comcast SportsNet will be making additional announcements as new distributors add the network to their channel line-ups. Subscriber questions as to when service will be available via other providers should be directed to their provider.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Here's an interesting cunundrum: They say central California, southern Oregon and western Nevada.

Well, WTF about NORTHERN California?

I have the channel on my DishNetwork and it's showing regular programming, but if I go forward to the game and hit the "info" button it says the game is blocked out in my region.

:eek: :mad:

Same here. Regular progaming works but it shows the Kings game at 6:00 PM blacked out. I tried to call Dish Network and was on hold forever. Will try again later tonight. At least I have League Pass.

don't worry VF.... it says I'm getting it here. I'll be taping it since I'm out and I could probably hook up with you to get the tape to you if you wanted it. (see pm)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
And I'm getting the pre-game show...

I'll be calling DishNetwork at 6:01 and they aren't going to like the call if I don't get the game. I canceled League Pass and I think it's "so stink" if northern California DOESN'T get the broadcast but southern Oregon does.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
This is rich - I called DishNetwork, waited for about 5 minutes and finally got some guy who tried to tell me the game was blacked out because "it wasn't a sellout." I knew right away this wasn't going to be a fruitful call - and it wasn't. When I asked him why people in Sacramento WERE getting the game on 409, but I wasn't, he went back to the "ballout rules apply." I eventually was shifted to his supervisor, who told me I should check to see if it was carried on another local channel. When I tried to explain that COMCAST was the local channel, he was totally and completely lost but he wasn't going to let on...

This is a total and complete mess.

:mad: