Dish to have Kings tonight

[font=verdana,geneva,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]sacbee

Dish to have Kings tonight

By Clint Swett
Published 2:15 am PST Saturday, November 6, 2004

Dish Network subscribers in the Sacramento area will be able to watch tonight's Kings game against the Houston Rockets on channel 447.

Dish is negotiating with Comcast to carry the cable company's SportsNet West regional sports network, which features 52 Kings games this season. SportsNet West spokeswoman Susan Gonzales said the satellite company would carry the game "as a show of good faith" by Comcast.

Neither Charter Communications nor DirecTV have announced agreements with Comcast and will not show tonight's game, which begins at 5:30 p.m.

[/font]

Our (Serbian) TV B92 will show thonight game against Houston ! But we'll watch olny 5 game in this season :(
I'a so excited for thonight! I can't wait to see my Pedja....

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Note: There seems to be some confusion with DishNetwork about where we'll be able to watch the game. My channel 447 shows the game being blacked out, which is very odd since I'm outside the blackout area. On the other hand, it shows it as available on NBA-TV, which I don't normally get.

So, if you have DishNet and can't get the game on 447, try 560 - or 402...

Prophetess

Gallifrayain
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

447 here in the sacramento valley!!!! I GET TO WATCH!! I GET TO WATCH!!!!!!

actually, I get to tape and then watch...boys bday party is at same time as game...but it's looking a lot better for those of us with DishNetwork!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, anyone in the Sacramento region with Dish Network check your on-line guide and let us know if it shows that the game will be blackout out or not. I called DISH and it is very hard to get a straight answer out of them.

I am in sacto county. I looked on the sports guide. It lists Kings on alt 3 which is channel 447, and nba tv. Both are shown as blacked out. I am also leaving and have to choose which one to set my vcr to. eeny meeny miny mo......catch a dish network exec. by the toe.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
It's not easy to get a straight answer from DishNetwork. They have something like 6,000 customer service reps and, I believe, their main call center is in Pittsburg, PA.

For me, the game shows blackout on 447 BUT it shows it's okay on 560, NBA TV (part of the free League Pass preview for this week). The other NBA TV channel, 402, says I have to purchase it...

I don't care what channel it's on, as long as I get to see it!

:D

My guide on Dishnetwork doesn't show the kings game listed at all. I live in ELK Grove. But it just says Sports Alternate 3, butnoting listed under 5:30. Any ideas?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Refresh your guide by going forward in time until it downloads more programming from the satellite. That's what I had to do...

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Well, here in the Midwest it is showing on ch 560. That is the NBATV channel that comes with LP.

Since LP is doing a free preview til the 9th, hopefully you can pick it up whether you paid for LP or not.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Prophetess said:
mine shows it on 447 from 5:30-9:00--fair oaks area.

nbatv--560, i'd have to order league pass...

i sure hope it's 447...
As 6th said, League Pass, including NBATV 560, is on free preview through Nov. 9.

If you look at your listing for 447, doesn't it show a circle with a line through it, indicating it's being blacked out?

I'm in Baltimore, anyone know if the game will be on League Pass, since there's a free preview this week. Or since it's on NBATV, it won't be on League Pass. I really want to watch the game, but if it's not on League pass, I'll be resigned to the computer again.

Thanks

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
rnmeuy said:
I'm in Baltimore, anyone know if the game will be on League Pass, since there's a free preview this week. Or since it's on NBATV, it won't be on League Pass. I really want to watch the game, but if it's not on League pass, I'll be resigned to the computer again.

Thanks
See above.

I am on Dish and it will be shown on Ch560 on your DishNetwork. Check your guide for that channel.

I think that I am not going to get to see today's game :( , since it is on NBA TV.
When I had spoken with Comcast they said that I would get all the games with the expanded cable. These things are pretty weird.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
6th said:
See above.

I am on Dish and it will be shown on Ch560 on your DishNetwork. Check your guide for that channel.
6th -

It appears as though it will NOT be available on DishNetwork ch. 560 unless you have purchased League Pass, which really is upsetting. Although the League Pass channels are free for the week, NBATV (which is offered free with League Pass) is not...

And, for some reason, my channel 447 says it's blacked out in my area.

Crap.

That is stupid that they let us have a free preview of LP but don't let us watch the games on NBAtv. It says that I have to buy the LP to get channel 560. It is blacked on channel 447, even though I am in LA.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
You have to buy LP to get channel 560. HOWEVER, you can buy the multi-sports package for $5.99/month AND it includes NBA-TV on channel 402.

I just spent 25 minutes on the phone with DishNetwork, whose entire system just went down. I left strict orders with the service rep to add the multi-sports package ASAP. I'm giving her a couple of more minutes, then I'm calling back...

...sigh...

;)

News

Hot off the presses...
I think the blackout rules are reversed for the Comcast games. You have to be in the viewing area or it's blacked out. I watched the game on 447.

i live in elk grove, got dishnetwork and i just upgraded my top 60 to top 60 plus (which basically is top 60 with bunch of sport channels). i did get to watch houston game tonight on channel 447. i don't have anything else tho (i.e. no nba lp etc). btw, is only $5 more than the regular top 60. i did notice there are two more channels with nba games warriors vs clippers and griz vs mav but they were blacked out.

should have won that game :(

VF21 said:
You have to buy LP to get channel 560. HOWEVER, you can buy the multi-sports package for $5.99/month AND it includes NBA-TV on channel 402.

I just spent 25 minutes on the phone with DishNetwork, whose entire system just went down. I left strict orders with the service rep to add the multi-sports package ASAP. I'm giving her a couple of more minutes, then I'm calling back...

...sigh...

;)

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Admin said:
I think the blackout rules are reversed for the Comcast games. You have to be in the viewing area or it's blacked out. I watched the game on 447.
I just don't know any more. According to one customer service rep, since the game was carried on NBA-TV in my area it wasn't carried on the Comcast channel. I'm getting so sick and tired of this crap...