Devin Carter to undergo shoulder surgery

My general sense is that it's unwise to draft players with major surgeries before they've played any professional competition; but at least it's an arm and not a knee or ankle.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
It sucks but I guess it gives him time to get used to Brown's system through watching. I would be a bit surprised if it was a full 8 months. I guess it depends on how bad any tears are.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Now we know why he went at 13. Sucks, but while I expected him to be a useful contributor, I didn’t have sky high hopes out of the gate as the 4th guard on this team. Kind of wish Davion didn’t get salary dumped now (unless that extra room was integral in the DDR signing)
Yeah, very unlikely Brown played any rookie out of the gate. Salary dumping had to occur once Monk was back and they decided to keep the pick otherwise they were right at that tax line.

That’s a pretty big setback. No summer league, can’t do any lifting or shooting drills. The good news is he is pretty plug and play. 6-8 months is more than half the season. Pretty big difference between that and “may not be ready for the start of the season”
for a Rookie who doesn’t know the system and will just be watching 6-8 months might as well
be a year as he won’t have summer league or camp to play in the Kings system. My guess is they let him ease into things at Stockton and learn the system there when he is ready to play.

Makes no sense to rush him back.

The most skilled player available will almost always be a smaller guard, but in the game of basketball, that doesn't always mean the best. This BPA narrative was old the last time we heard it.