Deuce and Mo get own afternoon show

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
As someone who generally detests Jim Rome's show (his style and non-interview content more than anything else), anything that provides more local coverage and gets rid of the national stuff is good news in my book.

I haven't listened to them too much but look forward to it.

Awesome. They're excellent together, they love Sacramento and they've had a ton of experience working as a duo with their podcast and they've been calling games for Stockton for a few years I think. Would love to see them get the call for play-by-play and color eventually

Awesome. They're excellent together, they love Sacramento and they've had a ton of experience working as a duo with their podcast and they've been calling games for Stockton for a few years I think. Would love to see them get the call for play-by-play and color eventually
i suspect they're being groomed for pbp. certainly consistent with hiring of sacramento-connected people throughout the org

Didn’t they have a show years ago on 1140? Or maybe they were part of the morning show way back when? Morgan is a very good studio host, I really enjoy her in that role. Not a huge fan of Deuce but he’s not terrible. As far as their PBP with Stockton, admittedly I haven’t heard much, but what I did hear wasn’t good. I’ll tune in to their radio show when I can, hopefully they’re replacing Cowherd in the afternoon, I generally find myself listening to DLo and KC on 1320 to avoid Cowherd.

Didn’t they have a show years ago on 1140? Or maybe they were part of the morning show way back when? Morgan is a very good studio host, I really enjoy her in that role. Not a huge fan of Deuce but he’s not terrible. As far as their PBP with Stockton, admittedly I haven’t heard much, but what I did hear wasn’t good. I’ll tune in to their radio show when I can, hopefully they’re replacing Cowherd in the afternoon, I generally find myself listening to DLo and KC on 1320 to avoid Cowherd.
I thought they had their own show on 1140 at some point, but I could also be mistaken...

I wonder if just doing their night chat on air would have made sense. Maybe too late of a time slot. It’s hard to imagine they are going to do a 3 hour afternoon show and then come on at 9 or 10 for 2 hours

As someone who generally detests Jim Rome's show (his style and non-interview content more than anything else), anything that provides more local coverage and gets rid of the national stuff is good news in my book.

I haven't listened to them too much but look forward to it.
I'm with you there. I imagine Rome's show is entertaining for the people who listen to it every single day, but for the rest of us that tune in every once in a while, it just seems like half of what's said is one big inside joke that we're not in on.

They used to host with Jason Ross in the early afternoon slot if I'm not mistaken.
If I recall, it was in 2014/15 with a 12:00 start. Don't know exactly what happened, but my guess is that they shared an opinion or two that was critical of the Kings higher ups. Always seems to be a ticket for the exit at the 1140 station

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
I'm with you there. I imagine Rome's show is entertaining for the people who listen to it every single day, but for the rest of us that tune in every once in a while, it just seems like half of what's said is one big inside joke that we're not in on.
Not even that. It's just...dumb. His interviews are actually not bad. But the rest of it is just lowbrow insults and, yes, inside jokes that occasional listeners won't get. But his style of delivery and content is just...grating. I bet the SoCal folks love it, but not me.

I enjoy their show. Enjoyed listening to them back in the day when they were on khtk. Happy they are back on the airwaves. I never thought they should have been taken off. Local, and bleed purple.

Duece can be a little arrogant for an average looking dude (the whole "beacon of physical fitness" thing was too much) but overall they are super solid together.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I’ve been listening to DLo and KC. They’ve grown on me considerably. Plus, that’s where you go to get the Ham bombs

Glad Mo and Deuce are back. They had a good show back 7-8 years ago with Jason Ross.
DLo and KC are a fun listen plus I enjoy the occasions where DLo talks about his personal life and I get to play the game where I guess whether he and Kara Lawson are still married or not.