Dennis Smith Jr.:

Interesting.

Either the Kings aren't interested or they are smoke screening hard.

If it was just Vlade I'd say no chance it's a ploy (Divac seems overly transparent for a GM) but with Perry on board there's some chance.
Didn't Vlade not workout any of the three first rounders last year though?

Didn't Vlade not workout any of the three first rounders last year though?
Yeah, but he saw Papagiannis' open workout. I think maybe Skal's as well. I don't know about Malachi.

You'd think if there was any interest the Kings would either have DSJ in for a private workout or at the very least attend this open workout.

Now, they may well already have Smith scheduled to visit Sacramento, I have no idea.

Just fun to try and read the tea leaves this time of year.

Yeah, but he saw Papagiannis' open workout. I think maybe Skal's as well. I don't know about Malachi.

You'd think if there was any interest the Kings would either have DSJ in for a private workout or at the very least attend this open workout.

Now, they may well already have Smith scheduled to visit Sacramento, I have no idea.

Just fun to try and read the tea leaves this time of year.
For sure, as a dsj guy I see no signs of Sacramento having any interest. I see no real signs of him going in the top five picks period. Can't wait til next week to know for sure though!

Sacramento hosted a Jackson workout where a few other teams attended.
I don't believe that is true. Jackson has not worked out for the Kings. He has held private workouts in Sacramento and it was reported that Lakers attended the workout. No word on whether the Kings were there. The workout was in Sacramento because Jackson went to high school in the area but there have been no reports what so ever that the Kings franchise was at the workout.

For sure, as a dsj guy I see no signs of Sacramento having any interest. I see no real signs of him going in the top five picks period. Can't wait til next week to know for sure though!
If the top four are Fultz, Ball, Jackson and Fox then Isaac at #5 and Smith falling ton#10 wouldn't be a bad scenario

I don't believe that is true. Jackson has not worked out for the Kings. He has held private workouts in Sacramento and it was reported that Lakers attended the workout. No word on whether the Kings were there. The workout was in Sacramento because Jackson went to high school in the area but there have been no reports what so ever that the Kings franchise was at the workout.
You may be right but after a quick wikipedia search he attended H.S in Napa.

I don't think Smith Jr spurned an invite. I think we spurned him. The reason no one wanted to play for SAC for many years is (1) we had an outdated and dilapidated arena and (2) more importantly we had a 7 year soap opera with unnecessary drama that distracted and inhibited players from achieving success. Now we have a state of the art arena and training facility. Boogie is (thankfully) gone. Plus we have upgraded front office and coaching with more stability and competence. Our appeal to has changed dramatically since the All-Star break. Don't believe Chad Fraud. ;)
We will see. I need to see someone out here besides Fox :)

Does that fit your agenda so you can continue to be the black sheep of KF?
Your a disrespectful user. I've reported you, and it fits your MO.

Discuss the issue.

If you took a poll on a random ball site of the location that agents would be reticent of, I think it would be here

gunks

Hall of Famer
If the top four are Fultz, Ball, Jackson and Fox then Isaac at #5 and Smith falling ton#10 wouldn't be a bad scenario
Bad scenario? Isaac and Smith would be amazing!

I'd prefer that to Fox and Collins/Markkanen, even though Fox is number one on my list of prospects.

I don't think Smith drops that low though. Unless Vlade turns our 10 into a 7 or 8th pick somehow.

I think Smith and Isaac are wild cards in this draft.....there are scenarios where either guy could drop to 10.
I wish. I'd actually fully endorse taking Fox at 5 and then Smith at 10 if they have the chance. I'm certain it wouldnt be a Johnny Flynn/Rubio situation.

Their trade value would both be very high for years to come.

The Ringer has the Kings taking Jackson at 5 and Smith at 10.

I love Fox but to me that would be an unbelievable draft. Jackson will st the least be a very good two way player and Smith is a fantastic gamble at the 10. Maybe the second most physically talented player in this draft with a chance of being a star at a position of need.

That said, I don't see Smith making it past Orlando at six.

The Ringer has the Kings taking Jackson at 5 and Smith at 10.

I love Fox but to me that would be an unbelievable draft. Jackson will st the least be a very good two way player and Smith is a fantastic gamble at the 10. Maybe the second most physically talented player in this draft with a chance of being a star at a position of need.

That said, I don't see Smith making it past Orlando at six.
I have those guys #1 and #5 on my board so that'll tell you what I'd think about that draft. Not happening in either case though I'm... Both are going earlier than that.

It really wouldn't surprise me at all if DSJ was 6'1.5 with a 6'5 wingspan instead of his official 6'3 with a 6'3 wingspan
I know for certain he's not 6'3.. I know people who've seen him up close in person, who are 6'2" and told me I'm an inch taller than him..

The wingspan though I can believe.

I can actually see Jackson falling to five more than I can see Smith falling to 10
The Mavs passing on DS4 at 9 is just something I'm gonna need to see to believe. For now, I can't buy that...

Agree with ya tho, For Jackson to fall to 5 it's gonna take Fox and Tatum to go top-4 along with Lonzo and Fultz, thats the only way I can see that happening.

I think if Tatum goes in the top 4 Smith will fall to 10:

1. Fultz
2. Ball
3. Tatum - some rumours that Boston are targeting
4. Jackson - Tatum could go here also
5. Fox
6. Isaac - Could go with DSJ here in which case I'd expect Collins to fall
7. Collins/Markannen
8. Monk
9. Ntilikina - sounds as if Dallas are all in on this guy

I think if Tatum goes in the top 4 Smith will fall to 10:

1. Fultz
2. Ball
3. Tatum - some rumours that Boston are targeting
4. Jackson - Tatum could go here also
5. Fox
6. Isaac - Could go with DSJ here in which case I'd expect Collins to fall
7. Collins/Markannen
8. Monk
9. Ntilikina - sounds as if Dallas are all in on this guy
Sounds like both Knicks and Mavs are all in for Ntilikina so I suspect that if the Knicks take him, then Dallas would be foolish not to take Smith Jr. at 9 given it addresses a position of need and the kid might have the potential to be the best player from this draft eventually.

Mavs won't make this mistake IMHO. I can't see Smith lasting until 10. In fact I would think Magic are a pretty good chance to take Smith before Isaac.

Sounds like both Knicks and Mavs are all in for Ntilikina so I suspect that if the Knicks take him, then Dallas would be foolish not to take Smith Jr. at 9 given it addresses a position of need and the kid might have the potential to be the best player from this draft eventually.

Mavs won't make this mistake IMHO. I can't see Smith lasting until 10. In fact I would think Magic are a pretty good chance to take Smith before Isaac.
I think the Magic are high on Smith, and have had him in for multiple workouts. I also think Frank doesn't last past Knicks/Mavs. As far as guards are concerned, it unfortunately looks like Monk/Donovan are there at Kings (if Monk can't play PG)

I think the Magic are high on Smith, and have had him in for multiple workouts. I also think Frank doesn't last past Knicks/Mavs. As far as guards are concerned, it unfortunately looks like Monk/Donovan are there at Kings (if Monk can't play PG)
SI's mock today had Smith falling to us at 10. I could see that happening if Isaac or Tatum is there at 6 (I could definitely see Orlando taking Isaac given the way their GM drafted to size/length for the Bucks). I can see it happening. I think the Mavs are locked into Frank N., if all the wings are gone I definitely could see Minnie going with Markkanen, and Monk does seem to be a better triangle fit than Smith. I still would be surprised if Fox was off the board at 5, however, and I think the Kings will take him if he's there, which makes the 10th more interesting since it's lieklye to be a PG that falls to 10.

SI's mock today had Smith falling to us at 10. I could see that happening if Isaac or Tatum is there at 6 (I could definitely see Orlando taking Isaac given the way their GM drafted to size/length for the Bucks). I can see it happening. I think the Mavs are locked into Frank N., if all the wings are gone I definitely could see Minnie going with Markkanen, and Monk does seem to be a better triangle fit than Smith. I still would be surprised if Fox was off the board at 5, however, and I think the Kings will take him if he's there, which makes the 10th more interesting since it's lieklye to be a PG that falls to 10.
Smith at 10 combined with Isaac, Jackson or Tatum (in my order of preference) at #5 would be a stellar draft.

Would you double up and take smith at 10 if we already had fox at 5 assuming the top sf are gone?
I would, yes.

I think you gamble on his talent. If he pans out then you move him down the road. Shades of the Suns having Kidd, Kevin Johnson and Steve Nash as the third string. They ended up trading him for a top 10 pick that became Marion.

Would you double up and take smith at 10 if we already had fox at 5 assuming the top sf are gone?
Almost certainly unless the top ten has gone very outside predictions and there's another player with that tier of talent left on the board. The Kings don't have enough assets or talent to pass on superior talent for positional fit currently. They're going to be bad next year again. The game right now is acquiring assets, and that means you take the best player regardless.