DeMarcus Cousins injury (merged)

It's just so cruel. Finally he is on a competitive team that's going from strength to strength, on course for the playoffs, and with some legit teammates. I can't imagine how he must be feeling. I hope he and AD stick together, I absolutely want to see them together in the playoffs next year.

I feel terrible for Boogie. After all these years working through ineptitude here he was on his way to his first playoff birth. Best player on that team as well. Also, in a contract year. Hopefully this doesn’t ruin his career at his size and weight. hopefully he can return to form. Kobe never truly did and while I haven’t seen enough of Rudy as a Spur, he didn’t look the same either.

All the best for a great King and genuine person.

I hope that he recovers quickly and we see him in the playoffs against the Kings some day. I was surprised at how well the Pels where doing lately. A crushing blow for sure.

He has found a home in NOLA. AD has a steadying influence on him. I was watching when he got hurt. Cousins has made some progress in the maturity department.
I miss his passion for the game. He pulled a rebound out of the air with one hand right before he got hurt that made me gasp.
We all wish him the best recovery.

Much love for Cuz, the person and the player. Wanted to retire here, and he was the centerpiece of my b-ball dreams for this franchise to take off for several years

Hate to say it, but aside from other issues, this may have been one of the reasons the Kings were reticent on giving him the supermax. He’s a big framed ball player, and carries a lot of weight in today’s paced NBA. If his health gave out your tied to him for half a decade at a large part of the cap

Sad news. I really hope he can recover from this and comeback strong. These types of injuries are one of the worst to have and they've derailed many a players career down the years. Fingers crossed Cousins comebacks like Rudy Gay because I'd hate to see him struggle even though he's no longer a King.

I feel terrible for Boogie. After all these years working through ineptitude here he was on his way to his first playoff birth. Best player on that team as well. Also, in a contract year. Hopefully this doesn’t ruin his career at his size and weight. hopefully he can return to form. Kobe never truly did and while I haven’t seen enough of Rudy as a Spur, he didn’t look the same either.

All the best for a great King and genuine person.
One saving grace for Boogie is that his game is not built on his athleticism. Its all about skill, size and strength. There is also a fair bit of mobility involved but he will come back.

It's just so cruel. Finally he is on a competitive team that's going from strength to strength, on course for the playoffs, and with some legit teammates. I can't imagine how he must be feeling. I hope he and AD stick together, I absolutely want to see them together in the playoffs next year.
What worries me about this for him though is he isn't some shrimpy little guard that weights 215 pounds. This is a grown ass 6'11 270 pound dude, who's 28 already and has never been the most athletic guy in the first place. That's a lot of weight for him to be putting on that leg and try to recover from.

Much love for Cuz, the person and the player. Wanted to retire here, and he was the centerpiece of my b-ball dreams for this franchise to take off for several years

Hate to say it, but aside from other issues, this may have been one of the reasons the Kings were reticent on giving him the supermax. He’s a big framed ball player, and carries a lot of weight in today’s paced NBA. If his health gave out your tied to him for half a decade at a large part of the cap
Gentry is also an idiot that doesn't know how to manage minutes.. like at all. Before this past Houston game, here's his minutes in order of the last 13 games:

That's a difficult minutes load for anybody, much less a guy Cousins size. Not saying this wouldn't have happened even if he managed his minutes better, but as a coach, you just have to be better about not running your 6'11 270 star center into the ground.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
That's too bad. I was looking forward to watching Boogie play in the playoffs for the first time and see how he responds to the pressure. Guess he is not meant to be in the playoffs for now.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Generally, when I see significant breaking news from the NBA I head here right away. Last night, however, I just couldn't. It was too painful.

I cried not just for Demarcus, but for the Pelicans fans. If anyone can understand how horrible Pels fans feel right now, it's those of us who were Kings fans in 2003. Poised to watch our Kings devour the Mavericks, we KNEW we were headed back to the Conference finals against the Lakers. Then, in the blink of an eye, it was over.

DMC had a triple-double last night that helped propel the Pelicans past the Rockets. We'll never know how many more he would have had this season or what new heights he would have reached. :(

I send my thoughts and prayers to him, his family and friends and to Pelicans fans. This one is gonna be tough for them to get past.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Gentry is also an idiot that doesn't know how to manage minutes.. like at all. Before this past Houston game, here's his minutes in order of the last 13 games:

That's a difficult minutes load for anybody, much less a guy Cousins size. Not saying this wouldn't have happened even if he managed his minutes better, but as a coach, you just have to be better about not running your 6'11 270 star center into the ground.
Some of that has to fall on Demps, too. If Gentry has made it clear that he's not willing to play Asik or Diallo to give Cousins and Davis some rest, then the general manager has to get him a guy whom he will play.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

Good grief.

Dude, if you say "hate to say it" maybe you just SHOULDN'T? I'm willing to bet almost anything that was NOT part of the considerations. Seriously.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I love DMC and get that this sucks for him....but let's save prayers for those facing real issues. I'm pretty sure when all is said and done he is going to be ok
I don't think there's a limit on prayers. If people feel better saying it, no harm no foul, you know? ;)

Last edited:

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I love DMC and get that this sucks for him....but let's save prayers for those facing real issues.
On what version of earth is a ruptured Achilles not a real issue?

I don't think there's a limit on prayers. If people feel better saying it, no harm no fool, you know? ;)
I mean, I don't actually believe in prayer but, if you subscribe to that sort of thing, I'm pretty sure that you can't run out of them; it's not like it's toilet paper.

On what version of earth is a ruptured Achilles not a real issue?

I mean, I don't actually believe in prayer but, if you subscribe to that sort of thing, I'm pretty sure that you can't run out of them; it's not like it's toilet paper.
My heavens a ruptured Achilles. Right up there with poverty, genocide and human trafficking