DeMar DeRozan Rumor

That’s a whole mindset though. Maybe he translates better than I hope, but there’s no way a guy who’s played the style Harrison has played his entire career is going to go to the bench and become a microwave scorer. He may not even going to be the best guy on his own team’s bench (if Monk doesn’t start, which is still totally up in the air)
It's crazy to think about how much better this team was, whenever we got an aggressive version of HB. We cooked Minnesota on their home floor early in the season, partly because of how relentless he was early on in the game. Replace that with a very consistent DeRozan, and i'm suddenly very excited.

It's crazy to think about how much better this team was, whenever we got an aggressive version of HB. We cooked Minnesota on their home floor early in the season, partly because of how relentless he was early on in the game. Replace that with a very consistent DeRozan, and i'm suddenly very excited.
Oh man do I agree with this take. Last season was another round of HB fool’s gold. Came out smashing first game and that was by far his best performance all season. Fool me one season shame on you fool me six seasons…….

I like the idea of getting DDR in that he can provide that solid solid scoring punch and hopefully won’t cost an arm and a leg to get. If we can send out only Huerter and cap filler (Duarte or Lyles) and a couple of 2nd round picks, we keep our flexibility to re-sign Fox and hopefully a max worthy Keegan in a couple of years.

Hopefully, Keegan can ascend to a #1 or #2 option in a couple of years, then having DDR salary come off the books down the line, allows the Kings to keep Keegan when the time comes.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Oh man do I agree with this take. Last season was another round of HB fool’s gold. Came out smashing first game and that was by far his best performance all season. Fool me one season shame on you fool me six seasons…….
Yep. The Harrison Barnes experience in a nutshell. He could have been All-NBA if he ever developed a motor.

I like the idea of getting DDR in that he can provide that solid solid scoring punch and hopefully won’t cost an arm and a leg to get. If we can send out only Huerter and cap filler (Duarte or Lyles) and a couple of 2nd round picks, we keep our flexibility to re-sign Fox and hopefully a max worthy Keegan in a couple of years.

Hopefully, Keegan can ascend to a #1 or #2 option in a couple of years, then having DDR salary come off the books down the line, allows the Kings to keep Keegan when the time comes.
Sounds like an ideal situation. If, like you mention, Lyles is included as cap filler, hope Monte has his hand on speed dial to Paul Reed before he’s snapped up. I don’t actually know much about Reed, but someone needs to fill that void and from what i‘m reading he could fit.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member

Honestly I'd rather hang on to Lyles and flip Barnes in a separate deal. I think we need his rebounding off the bench.

Honestly I'd rather hang on to Lyles and flip Barnes in a separate deal. I think we need his rebounding off the bench.
Yes, ideally, I would prefer to keep both Lyles and HB. I would actually like to keep HB off the bench, he would provide good size off the bench, something we were seriously lacking against teams like NO last year

Floor spacing. This team will have the camp and pre-season to work everything out, but there will be some growing pains as they attempt to work in DDR's midrange game as opposed to HB's outside game. There have been a lot of times where stacking talent does not make a team talented. I hope this isn't the case. I would much prefer Lauri over DDR.

Floor spacing. This team will have the camp and pre-season to work everything out, but there will be some growing pains as they attempt to work in DDR's midrange game as opposed to HB's outside game. There have been a lot of times where stacking talent does not make a team talented. I hope this isn't the case. I would much prefer Lauri over DDR.
The Kings need to evolve from three or bust. They need another guy who can get his own shot and get to the line. They got to the line the least last season as well as shooting it the worst. It cost them multiple games not having somebody like DeRozan. Fox simply doesn’t get the whistles and struggles a bit from the line to take it all on his own.

The refs don’t let DeRozan get mugged and DeRozan makes his free throws.

Last edited:
The Kings need to evolve from three or bust. They need another guy who can get his own shot and get to the line. They got to the line the least last season as well as shooting it the worst. It cost them multiple games not having somebody like DeRozan. Fox simply doesn’t get the whistles and struggles a bit from the line to take it all on his own.

The refs don’t let DeRozan get mugged and DeRozan makes his free throws.
This times 100. I truly believe having Derozan here will also help with the whistles Fox gets. As a team, we were over reliant on the 3 last year, and when it wasn't falling we were limited on who could just go get a bucket. Since the only people who could were small guards, it's going to be SO nice to have a SF who can do that.

Hell, maybe he will rub off on Murray haha!