Dear Kings Fans

I am a long time fan of the Seattle Supersonics and all I can say about your situation with your team is is that I hope the Kings stay in Sacramento, I totally understand how loyal your fanbase is to the Kings and I don't want Seattle to get a new NBA team from the Kings expense.

No fanbase in the NBA should have to go through what the Sonics fans had to when the team moved to OKC.

I hope it all works out for you guys and the Supersonics will be back hopefully as an expansion team and hopefully without crushing the hearts of a fanbase of any other team.

Take care guys and good luck.

I am a long time fan of the Seattle Supersonics and all I can say about your situation with your team is is that I hope the Kings stay in Sacramento, I totally understand how loyal your fanbase is to the Kings and I don't want Seattle to get a new NBA team from the Kings expense.

No fanbase in the NBA should have to go through what the Sonics fans had to when the team moved to OKC.

I hope it all works out for you guys and the Supersonics will be back hopefully as an expansion team and hopefully without crushing the hearts of a fanbase of any other team.

Thanks and I hope Seattle gets another team in the future.

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
So do we Bro', so do we. A new owner would go a long way to keeping then here with the arena situation.

appreciate the solidarity, friend...

i sure hope seattle can buy back into the nba...

it is, without question, my favorite city on the west coast...

Btw I was in Sacramento a few months ago while on my way to Disneyland you guys have a nice clean beautiful city. I definitely enjoyed it in Sactown.

Welcome to the board, Ninja Elf! Thanks for the support. Seattle is one of my favorite cities as well and you guys deserve a team.

When I read about the Kings possibly coming to Seattle I thought to myself "That isn't right because we would essentially be doing the same thing as to what happened to our Sonics."

It's not fair to Sacramento and it's not fair that David Stern the dumbest President in all of sports has to even fathom this as a possibility.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I've been watching nothing but Kemp/Payton highlights of the 90's on youtube all week, I miss those days.
I can't begin to describe how I feel about Seattle losing their team. They were one of the most successful franchises in the league, with a great tradition. They were one of the teams that I loved to hate, and thats a compliment. I wish you and your city the best of luck in the future, and many years of rivalry in the future.

That's for sharing your thoughts, Ninja Elf. I am so sorry for Seattle's loss and really hope and expect they will get another team some day. Seattle basketball fans deserve that.

When I read about the Kings possibly coming to Seattle I thought to myself "That isn't right because we would essentially be doing the same thing as to what happened to our Sonics."

It's not fair to Sacramento and it's not fair that David Stern the dumbest President in all of sports has to even fathom this as a possibility.
Just remember that Kings cannot leave Sacramento UNLESS they get 16 votes from 30 NBA owners. That happened allowing OKC ownership group to leave Seattle. It's quite unlikely (at this point) that majority of the owners will vote to allow Kings to leave Sacramento. Why? Because NBA is negotiating for the Maloofs with the city to get a new arena and keep the Kings from petitioning to leave.

I'm not sure why you call Stern "dumb" unless you think he was the one that cut Seattle's throat. He's not "President" but commissioner of the NBA, an employee of the league hired by the owners. They can fire him and do not have to listen to a word he says - but they appear to respect his knowledge and opinions.

Thanks for your best wishes to us Kings fans!

After listening to Stern answer questions on the Kings plight with the new arena, all I can say is enjoy the Kings while you can. He certainly didn'tsay anything that would help the city of Sacramento or Kings fans.
I doubt the board of governors (owners) would stop the Maloofs from moving if they want to. Do you think they (the board) would would vote to keep their teams if they wanted to move?
Sad day....sad day.

Thanks for the good wishes, Ninja Elf.

I basically stopped posting here close to a year ago, when even my unhappiness with team management was overshadowed by my complete distrust of the owners. When the arena deal came through, I didn't even post any expression of relief or congratulations, because I figured the Maloofs might yet find some way to crush everything good at the last minute.

If the team is leaving, nothing would make me happier than for them to go to Seattle, but I'd never wish the Maloofs on you.