DeAaron Fox

Man, when is De’Aaron going to strt getting some well deserved superstar calls?? This Doncic cat walks into the league and gets the full Harden treatment, and Fox is still grinding. Ridiculous. Hopefully, things turn around by the All-Star game.
Does that mean you are predicting an all-star birth for fox? :eek: ohwwww snap!

I get it, but no one sprints the entire game.
Not about sprinting, but “imprinting the game.” Making plays, dictating the game for the full duration, not peaks/valleys.

But, the point you may be trying to convey, that he has an extra gear in the 4th, can’t physically play like that all game, and may be choosing his spots, IMO has some merit now that I think of it.

Still, I may prefer him to even that out a bit if that’s what’s happening

Man, when is De’Aaron going to strt getting some well deserved superstar calls?? This Doncic cat walks into the league and gets the full Harden treatment, and Fox is still grinding. Ridiculous. Hopefully, things turn around by the All-Star game.
I'll just say this, if you watched Fox in college it seemed like he should've gotten more FT's too. this season he should be getting 2½- 3½ more ft's per game.... I believe there's a 'Fox has such a physical advantage the refs are having issues calling it fairly, like Shaq' effect;

He's so explosive and his body control is elite, he makes these awesome picturesque drives chaining dribble moves at high speeds that literally everyone in the building and watching at home can see, he makes it look too easy and the foul on clear as day contact doesnt get called.. Him being skinny doesn't help the optics of this either.

i'd definitely say it happens on both ends they don't wanna grant him too much leeway defensively either, especially cheap bump fouls because he's really capable of staying with these players at high speeds in super close quarters, almost chest-to-chest, he's the quickest 6'4" guard you'll probably ever see at that....

It will change. De'Aaron will average near 10 FTA's per game in his prime, some extra strength is gonna help., the indicator to watch is his FTA's on the road, right now he's drawing 6.4 FTA's at home and 5.1 on the road, probably not a coincidence...

In Boxing there's a saying "to be the champ you've gotta beat the champ" and it's a nice way of saying your ass better hope you win in convincing fashion cuz if it goes to the scorecards and its too close they are gonna favor the guy everyone knows over the no-names. In the NBA there's this sort of thing but it's more like a youth vetting process, there is also an art to drawing FT's and Fox will improve at it a lot ot over the years too.

James Harden's first 3 seasons FTA's; 3.2, 4.2, 6.0.... I'll leave it at that :D Years from now many crocodile tears will be shed by opposing fans about the Fouls Fox gets.

Last edited:
If De’aaron is picking his spots, if, he needs to focus more on the beginning of the game IMO. We’ve been going through slumps pretty consistently to start for weeks. Our defense as a whole has been bad certainly, but that’s when the offensive spoke/tone is set, as well. De’aaron has picked it up as the game has went on, but the quarterback needs to set that initial tone

He has a stinger he picked up from the Mavs game. Lakers were targeting his shoulder the whole game on screens specifically Tyson Chandler. Nothing malicious, just physical basketball. Another off season of getting stronger will fix that
I mean, Steven Adams could fix that right now. Go after Russ like that and see what happens. Wish we had that type of player.

He has a stinger he picked up from the Mavs game. Lakers were targeting his shoulder the whole game on screens specifically Tyson Chandler. Nothing malicious, just physical basketball. Another off season of getting stronger will fix that
Josh HArt was targeting the shoulder too, thats why Joerger got a tech - the play he was arguing about was blatant and bordering on a non-basketball play but went completely uncalled.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Josh HArt was targeting the shoulder too, thats why Joerger got a tech - the play he was arguing about was blatant and bordering on a non-basketball play but went completely uncalled.
Yep, spot on! It's one thing for the ref's to make him earn his spurs, so to speak, but it's another to let him get beat up. He should be going to the line at least 5 more times a game if the ref's would just make the call.

Yep, spot on! It's one thing for the ref's to make him earn his spurs, so to speak, but it's another to let him get beat up. He should be going to the line at least 5 more times a game if the ref's would just make the call.
I agree. Fox hasn’t been shooting good percentages lately because a significant portion of the shots he “misses” are actually fouls that never get called. The disrespect he gets from the refs when he drives is ridiculous.

I agree. Fox hasn’t been shooting good percentages lately because a significant portion of the shots he “misses” are actually fouls that never get called. The disrespect he gets from the refs when he drives is ridiculous.
He’a getting clobbered out there. When “he who shall not be named on the Mavs” is going to the line 10-12 a game as of recently. So the whole he’s gotta earn his chops is silly when a rookie is getting to the line more than he is.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I agree about the Fox non-calls. That said, I think that if Fox would on drives just "stop" in the paint and fake a shot he'd have to get a ton of calls. His defenders are totally off balance because of his speed and I think they'd just run up his back in those situations. It's truly an advantage when you can go 80% of top speed and everybody else has to go 100% to keep up. With the passage of time, I expect Fox to have all kind of "tricks" to garner fouls, which will make him even harder to guard.

The Kings need a big player that can lower the boom on someone. If the other team is roughing up our point guard. Someone needs to step up and let them know they need to knock it off. Willie will never be able to do what Herrell, Adams, Chandler, Horford and plenty of other 5s can do.

I'm right there with you, I'm looking back on that play where Harrell stood over Frank Mason after that block the other night... Skal should of said f*** it and leveled his ***. One thing I always loved about Cousins, he never let his teammates get punked on like that.

Yes he is getting to many non calls and it seems they are targeting him coming into the paint with very little reprise from the refs or his teammates.

He is still learning and should be really scary good next season. Even if he does what Bogi does which is drive and slow down in the paint causing his pursuer to run into him while he takes that shot.

He adds that little kink and then the interior defense is forced to make more defensive decisions. Lately the opposing opponent big is moving to intercept him then backs off a little to try and stop the lob.

If he gets hammered by a guard its easy to send a message by the hard pick next time down. If it’s a big then its up to our bigs to send the message and I am not really seeing a toughness right now.

I'm right there with you, I'm looking back on that play where Harrell stood over Frank Mason after that block the other night... Skal should of said f*** it and leveled his ***. One thing I always loved about Cousins, he never let his teammates get punked on like that.
(Provided he was bigger and stronger than the other guy)

Like? Dennis Schroeder? Rondo? Chris Paul?

Back to the topic...
LOL back to the topic after you get another jab in. You've never been rational when it comes to Cuz, never will be. Few other gutter posters too that just can't help themselves at every opportunity, quite sad really.

LOL back to the topic after you get another jab in. You've never been rational when it comes to Cuz, never will be. Few other gutter posters too that just can't help themselves at every opportunity, quite sad really.
If you say so. I'd hardly call myself irrational when it comes to Cuz, unless by irrational you mean "not willing to look past every flaw and having a desire for the team to try something different" (look where that's gotten us!). You want to talk about irrational go fire up the thread where people didn't want to trade Cousins for Miami Heat LeBron James. If Slim can be pedantic about everything under the sun I can be pedantic about facts regarding Cousins.

He’s not been the same player over the last stretch, and is mirroring the fast start/mediocre middle of the season of last year (though better than last year, to be sure). To me it’s either a consistent/intensity issue, which can be innate and thus concerning, or hopefully his body at this point needs to be strengthened to compete balls out for a season

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Man... there’s always a stretch per game when he just blows by the competition a few times. But also remaining more passive than we’re used to outside of that.

I think he’s a little more banged up than he’s letting on. Not “playing through/hiding an injury” or anything like that, but definitely hurting and it’s effecting his game.