De’Aaron Martez Fox

The NBA doesn't seem to have a delineated time frame, other than perhaps the NBA/ABA merger in 1976.
The Shot clock Era and the Three point era seem to be the major delineations in the NBA, where it’s irrelevant to compare statistics from before to statistics after.

I think championships do make sense to be part of a franchise’s permanent legacy, since that’s measuring how an organization performs vs its cohort, and that is a valid comparison regardless of rules changes.

The Shot clock Era and the Three point era seem to be the major delineations in the NBA, where it’s irrelevant to compare statistics from before to statistics after.
Shot clock was the 50’s. Three point line was the late 70’s, taken from the ABA IIRC. So post NBA/ABA merger tends to be the more commonly used delineation point. Also, most the current franchises were all in existence by then. Around 23 of them or so after the merger.

I think championships do make sense to be part of a franchise’s permanent legacy, since that’s measuring how an organization performs vs its cohort, and that is a valid comparison regardless of rules changes.
I’m not disputing this. I’m speaking from a fan standpoint.

The points, per se... eh. There're a bunch of guys in the league who can post those points if they chuck hard enough. (Allen Iverson won a scoring title in 2001-2 while shooting 39.8%. DGMW - absolutely electric player, but...)

DFox is 44-fer-66 over the last three - 67% from the field, and 93% from the line. From a 6'3" guard? That's NUTS. And, oh yeah - ALL WINS. That matters, as does the fact that two of the three wins were 2-pt wins. Which is to say the team needed all he had to offer.

His numbers are the opposite of "empty stats."

SO impressive.

Last edited:
Do you all think Haliburton, and Fox can co-exist in the same backcourt? Look what happened to Westbrook, Durant and Harden.
Been coexisting pretty well so far. Some people say you shouldn't cook with both olive oil and butter, but my nona made the most amazing shrimp linguine the other night and said herself she started the shrimp in butter and olive oil. If it's good enough for my nona, it sure as heck is good enough for the Kings.

Do you all think Haliburton, and Fox can co-exist in the same backcourt? Look what happened to Westbrook, Durant and Harden.
it’s a fair question but I think the answer is yes because while Fox has a bit of a two guard mentality Haliburton has a point mentality and is often looking to make plays for teammates.

it is also important because if you look at Portland, people often commented about Dame and CJ dominating the ball. As Hali matures I think he becomes the primary ball handler in the half court. By having a pass first guard it makes it more likely a top forward will want to join the team instead of leave it like Aldridge left Portland. What made Curry special was his willingness to pass.

Westbrook would pass when his options to score were limited. Fox can have that tendency but he has improved in that regard. To be a great team he will need to use his gravity to make plays for teammates.

Last edited:
Been coexisting pretty well so far. Some people say you shouldn't cook with both olive oil and butter, but my nona made the most amazing shrimp linguine the other night and said herself she started the shrimp in butter and olive oil. If it's good enough for my nona, it sure as heck is good enough for the Kings.
F****** beautiful, Mark Jo.. err, Vinny. I continue to enjoy that you test out your new food references before folding them into the telecasts.