Dave Joerger...rumors and speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I despise the fact that it has gone all quiet on the Joerger to Kings front. Just don't **** this up. Sign up the man and let's move forward with a gat coach who preaches the right basketball values.

I just keep imagining what Joerger can do with DMC-WCS frontcourt. His coaching style to date would fit this team like a glove.

Teams have gone mad....[/quote]

I hope this ain't like buying the top of the line VCR (yes I said VCR). Right before the DVD launch. Meaning rules will further enhance GSW ball making old school philosophy moot. The new NASCAR NBA will have to sell it to the kiddies one bucket at a time.

But what do I know? Like Python wrote, "follow the samdal! No the gourd! Follow the gourd!

So I've been out and about since 0900 this morning and not able to keep up with the news. I've read through the thread and gotten caught up and I can't ****ing believe Vivek is meddling again. Arsenault for OC, are you kidding me? I hope the minority owners are hearing this and throwing a fit. This is ridiculous.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
So I've been out and about since 0900 this morning and not able to keep up with the news. I've read through the thread and gotten caught up and I can't ****ing believe Vivek is meddling again. Arsenault for OC, are you kidding me? I hope the minority owners are hearing this and throwing a fit. This is ridiculous.
It is ridiculous.

And you got fished in by Brick.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Haha....Brick is the ultimate troll for that post.

Kinda makes one wonder....

"Who watches the Watchmen?!" :p

As far as it being all quiet on the Joerger front.... I'm just gonna assume it's because he and Vlade are behind closed doors, finalizing stuff (via skype, I'd assume).

I despise the fact that it has gone all quiet on the Joerger to Kings front. Just don't **** this up. Sign up the man and let's move forward with a gat coach who preaches the right basketball values.

I just keep imagining what Joerger can do with DMC-WCS frontcourt. His coaching style to date would fit this team like a glove.
My gut feeling (or, probably more of a gut hope), is that we have some sort of handshake deal in place with Joerger, but we are committed to finishing up the scheduled interviews. Vlade is supposed to be an amazing people guy, and it strikes me as a bit disrespectful if we go ahead and hire Joerger without letting our other scheduled interviewees make their pitches.

I mean, there's no way in hell Henry Bibby is going to be our next head coach (at least i pray that he's not!), but would it rub Mike Bibby, former Sac favorite the wrong way if we go ahead and hire Dave without chatting with his pops first, who we are already committed to talking to? Potentially, ya. Public perception of the Kings front office is at an all time low, and as much as i want to get this deal done and rest easy, i think we have to tread lightly when it comes to some of these things. Numerous coaches already don't want to interview here, let's not go pissing off the few guys we haven't talked to yet that are willing to talk to us.

Indy just fired Vogel and Houston seems committed to letting their coaching search play out slowly. As long as either of them don't snatch him up right away, i'd say we're in a very good spot. Indy is also looking at offensive coaches (including Mike F'in D'antoni.... seriously?) so i'm not convinced Dave is really their #1 choice.

That said, get it done Vlade! I'll take no news over leaks any day, and i don't think it's necessarily a bad thing things have gone quiet...i hope...

I hope this ain't like buying the top of the line VCR (yes I said VCR). Right before the DVD launch. Meaning rules will further enhance GSW ball making old school philosophy moot. The new NASCAR NBA will have to sell it to the kiddies one bucket at a time.

But what do I know? Like Python wrote, "follow the samdal! No the gourd! Follow the gourd!
Styles are cyclical and are directly correlated to the type of player available at the time.

Teams trying to emulate what GSW are doing will fail miserably because those teams do not have Curry, Thompson and Green to build around. The trend to more perimete oriented basketball is simply because there are not enough dominant low post players in the league and there is an overflow of chucking guards so the trend has moved in that direction.

Are you saying that is by some miracle you could inject in prime SHAQ, olajuwon, Ewing, Mouring, Robinson, Duncan etc... into the current NBA that the trent would still be the same as it currently is?!

No chance in hell. It would be returning to low post, smash mouth basketball. I actually like the fact that Memphis has bucked the trend and are playing the style of basketball that suits their roster. You play to your player's strengths and not to a trend. As soon as another team other than GSW wins the championship, all of a sudden the trend will be very different and teams will try and copy those teams. It wasn't that long ago that the "big 3" teams were the tredny things to do. Now it's all about the Warriors. If SA wins this year's championship it will be about SA. There are multiple ways to get there. Smart coach coaches to his roster's strengths. There is no point turning DMC into a perimeter, running big when he is unguardable force down low. He needs to develop that low post game more but let's not fotget that there were games this season where DMC single handedly fouled out the other teams entire frontline when he was camping down on the block.

I agree it is perfectly fine to say "position has been filled" - I'm sure there will be respectful calls to the candidates.

Conducting sham interviews after having made up your mind is classless. Screeching the process to a halt when you bag your ringer isn't.

Styles are cyclical and are directly correlated to the type of player available at the time.

Teams trying to emulate what GSW are doing will fail miserably because those teams do not have Curry, Thompson and Green to build around. The trend to more perimete oriented basketball is simply because there are not enough dominant low post players in the league and there is an overflow of chucking guards so the trend has moved in that direction.

Are you saying that is by some miracle you could inject in prime SHAQ, olajuwon, Ewing, Mouring, Robinson, Duncan etc... into the current NBA that the trent would still be the same as it currently is?!

No chance in hell. It would be returning to low post, smash mouth basketball. I actually like the fact that Memphis has bucked the trend and are playing the style of basketball that suits their roster. You play to your player's strengths and not to a trend. As soon as another team other than GSW wins the championship, all of a sudden the trend will be very different and teams will try and copy those teams. It wasn't that long ago that the "big 3" teams were the tredny things to do. Now it's all about the Warriors. If SA wins this year's championship it will be about SA. There are multiple ways to get there. Smart coach coaches to his roster's strengths. There is no point turning DMC into a perimeter, running big when he is unguardable force down low. He needs to develop that low post game more but let's not fotget that there were games this season where DMC single handedly fouled out the other teams entire frontline when he was camping down on the block.
I couldn't agree more with this...the small ball, fast paced, 3 pt heavy game is a trend that i suspect will not be here to stay, simply b/c the Warriors are an anomaly. They also have Curry, arguably the best player on the planet. Nearly every single guy on their roster hit's 3's, and the pace they play at is admittedly fun to watch, but it's going to be pretty damn hard to duplicate that roster.

I'm VERY curious to see how it works out for Walton over in LA next season, b/c the Warriors "system" or whatever you want to call it, is not going to be easy to transfer to a completely different roster. You can't replace that backcourt, and that bench. I have a tough time thinking that any team, present or future, is going to be able to match what's going on in the Bay. But i suppose we shall see..

There was a rumor that Vlade had consulted with GK regarding our next head coach. I wonder if part of that discussion may have revolved around DJ since both coaches share the same agent.

There was a rumor that Vlade had consulted with GK regarding our next head coach. I wonder if part of that discussion may have revolved around DJ since both coaches share the same agent.
I think that was all PR bullcrap and if GK was to recommend anyone, I highly doubt it would be someone that has a completely opposite basketball philosophy to him.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Haha....Brick is the ultimate troll for that post.

Kinda makes one wonder....

"Who watches the Watchmen?!" :p

As far as it being all quiet on the Joerger front.... I'm just gonna assume it's because he and Vlade are behind closed doors, finalizing stuff (via skype, I'd assume).
Apparently this is not the place to come if you want the straight truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.