Dalembert!!!

B

beemerr23

acisking said:
While I wouldn't mind picking up a good shotblocker or a rebounder...I personally feel that there is a great deal of merit to be had in keeping Brad Miller. With the fantastic post game of Artest, Wells, and Abdur-Rahim....the Kings need to have outside shooters to deal with those double teams (like the ones San Antonio was throwing at them in Game 4) in kick out situations. In this light, Miller is the perfect complement to our trio of low post players. Sure he might have serious deficiencies...but his contributions seem to outweigh his weaknesses.
See that's the thing man, he is a fantastic compliment to our low post players, but he is very inconsistent, and when his shot is off, he can't contribute in any other way basically. If we had someone like that could Block shots and Rebound, we'd be a wrecking crew down low. Let Ron/Bibby/Martin step out and nail the threes while our new C/Shareef/Bonzi do the post work. In my eyes, you can't go wrong there, it's just Miller's inconsistency that kills us. When he isn't hitting, he isn't contributing.

What we need is a new starting/20-25 bench PF who can block shots/rebound/athletic (Elson/Griffin/Pryzbilla (though not too athletic for Pryz) ). KT doesn't quite work with Brad at the 5.

beemerr23 said:
That's pretty amazing...imagine if we picked up someone like that, we'd absolutely dominate the boards.
But here's the thing with Sammy: there's a reason he's averaging 26 mpg instead of 36, he picks up fouls like a vacuum cleaner picking up dirt. Usually a young player like that would mature and get better over the years, but Sammy hasn't changed much. Sammy should help us, but this year he took a step back especially late in the season. He lost playing time late in the season--a decision I didn't like from Mo Cheeks-but I can see that his negatives outweighed his positives, so I'd pass on him.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
I think the going rate for the rebounding/shotblocking big man will be a bit more realistic this summer. Every year one player gets a certain amount of money, and every player at or about the same level gets an equally bloated deal. Last year it was Chandler and Dalembert.

I think the disappointment of both of those guys performances may scare teams away from huge deals for a guy like Przybilla.

M

MrBiggs

DoughDole said:
But here's the thing with Sammy: there's a reason he's averaging 26 mpg instead of 36, he picks up fouls like a vacuum cleaner picking up dirt. Usually a young player like that would mature and get better over the years, but Sammy hasn't changed much. Sammy should help us, but this year he took a step back especially late in the season. He lost playing time late in the season--a decision I didn't like from Mo Cheeks-but I can see that his negatives outweighed his positives, so I'd pass on him.
Very well said. Agreed 100%.