Cuz named to Select Team

Looks like everyone's argument against Cousins making it because he's not an up and down runner type were wrong since they said Griffin wouldn't get in.

I'll take the opposite side from Glenn and say no. I'm a bit too much of a stickler for grammar and spelling to let that slide once, much less every time.
It's so ridiculous that I couldn't stop laughing. It went beyond the I'm-pissed-at-this-horrible-grammar stage, straight to the This-guy-can't-be-serious stage.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
It's so ridiculous that I couldn't stop laughing. It went beyond the I'm-pissed-at-this-horrible-grammar stage, straight to the This-guy-can't-be-serious stage.
It was not only "ridiculous", it was "REdiculous". (For those of you not keeping score, that means "diculous again". There is also "rediculouse" which is a small crimson insect found in hospitals.)

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
It was not only "ridiculous", it was "REdiculous". (For those of you not keeping score, that means "diculous again". There is also "rediculouse" which is a small crimson insect found in hospitals.)
I always went straight to "redonkulous" at that stage, but whatever....

while we are on the Olympics idea my two teams (NZ and GB) have just compleatled there qualifying

Without Steve Adams and a few outher key players NZ failed to qualify on Points Difference dispite winning yesterday :(

However With Deng's Help GB are just about ready but we arnt going to do well.... Deng has hurt his hand and this forced the team to pay £300,000 (no idea what that is in $) to the Bulls.... Ben Gordon couldnt be bothered to turn up to training camp and has been left out and our last NBA'er Byron Mullens is out injured :( though you might know Pops Mensah-Bonsu or Robert Archibald)

Im still pretty surprised team usa is leaning more towards favors. Cousins is one of the best there is at initiating the fast break and he can shoot the international 3 ball

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Im still pretty surprised team usa is leaning more towards favors. Cousins is one of the best there is at initiating the fast break and he can shoot the international 3 ball
Maybe after some practice games, they'll change their minds. I like Favors a lot, but skill wise at this stage of their careers, its a no contest between Cuz and Favors. Cuz wins hands down.

I also still dont understand why they would consider choosing favors for the team because of the skills that he has and not Deandre Jordan instead.

He will shine on team USA and get the recognition he deserves on a huge stage. Next thing you know he's challenging for a MVP darkhorse and beasting opposing frontlines into submission all while we coast into the playoffs taking on all challengers:cool:.

He will shine on team USA and get the recognition he deserves on a huge stage. Next thing you know he's challenging for a MVP darkhorse and beasting opposing frontlines into submission all while we coast into the playoffs taking on all challengers:cool:.
Time to wake up from your nap.... ;)

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
I think everyone across the league saw growth in Cuz's maturity last year, but the idea of him representing our country in London probably scares some within Team USA circles, right or wrong. If the Olympics were in 2014 I'd think he'd have a much better chance not based on talent, which is obvious, but a longer track record in the league when it comes to maturity. Think it might be too soon for Colangelo and his colleagues to trust Cuz on the international stage at the Olympic games. World Championships might be different.

That's not to say I agree with it, but wouldn't be surprised if that's the case, especially with the "perception" of what happened with Cuz and Westy, nationally. But, things might change once everyone spends some time with Cuz in camp.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
tommorow is the select team v. NT scrimmage right? Be the time for Boogie to make his case, even if it is basically a closed door.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
I think everyone across the league saw growth in Cuz's maturity last year, but the idea of him representing our country in London probably scares some within Team USA circles, right or wrong. If the Olympics were in 2014 I'd think he'd have a much better chance not based on talent, which is obvious, but a longer track record in the league when it comes to maturity. Think it might be too soon for Colangelo and his colleagues to trust Cuz on the international stage at the Olympic games. World Championships might be different.

That's not to say I agree with it, but wouldn't be surprised if that's the case, especially with the "perception" of what happened with Cuz and Westy, nationally. But, things might change once everyone spends some time with Cuz in camp.
No doubt and Boogie will get many chances. The one thing that smashes a whole in the "oh, he ain't so bad" argument is his number of technicals. Didn't he lead the league and almost have an automatic suspension?

No doubt and Boogie will get many chances. The one thing that smashes a whole in the "oh, he ain't so bad" argument is his number of technicals. Didn't he lead the league and almost have an automatic suspension?
Cousins was tied with Blake Griffin for 2nd in the league in T's with 13. Kendrick Perkins led them all with 17. Tyson Chandler was right behind with 12, followed closely by Dwight Howard, Russell Westbrook, and Josh Smith with 11. So if they are going to hold his T's against him, then they would be overlooking the flaws of others to do it.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Here's the tweet from Sam Amick.

Sam Amick ‏@sam_amick
And so it begins... RT @News10Sean: Carmello Anthony on DeMarcus Cousins today..."He fouled the sh#t outta everyone" #nbakings

I got a big laugh out of that one. Looks like Cuz is making his presence felt, one way or the other.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Sean Cunningham ‏@News10Sean
Carmello Anthony was certainly accurate on one play in particular when DeMarcus Cousins caught Andre Iguodala with an elbow to the face
Demarcus apparently out to make even more open roster spots

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
good. the more players that dislike him the harder they will play against him turning him into an even better player
I don't think you even have to approach it that way with Cousins. I've watched the game for a long time. Cousins absolutely belongs with that A squad on talent alone. He doesn't need to beg for attention or instruction.