Cousins vs. the Bee

No reason to bring up Jaleel his brother. He was absolutely asking for it when he did. The yelling "bully" days are soon to be over on 1/20/2017. Men will be men again and you either take it like a man or not. Someone get the reporter some Play-Doh, a safety pin and a safe space. Boogie is from Alabama. He will defend his, and if it involves family, he could whip some azz. Unfortunately his riches make him a target.

Is the reporter intent on driving Boogie to Boston,NYC or LA?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Rage Against the Machine all you like in fact people should. Cancel subscriptions write letters to the sports editor or owners. my point is comment in the comment section of the online paper or even clicking the link is what they want. When good writing no longer sells papers it's replaced by this kind of garbage clickbait. The whole purpose of the clickbait is to get people to click and talk about what they see instead of asking for real reporting. So please ask them and Scream for real writing from reporters who actually are watching games.
Ah, ok. I never comment in their comment section. Learned that lesson during the arena wars.

Clicking the link may allow them to show traffic to potential advertisers but losing subscriptions negates that.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
No reason to bring up Jaleel his brother. He was absolutely asking for it when he did. The yelling "bully" days are soon to be over on 1/20/2017. Men will be men again and you either take it like a man or not. Someone get the reporter some Play-Doh, a safety pin and a safe space. Boogie is from Alabama. He will defend his, and if it involves family, he could whip some azz. Unfortunately his riches make him a target.

The "reporter" doesn't care. Boogie didn't play nice with The Bee so they target him...repeatedly.

It's amazing how some of you (VF21, cough, cough, Bricklayer, cough, cough) have huge blinders on. It's very obvious if you follow DMC and the team that he is, in fact, a bully. You see it on the court when he sizes up the little dudes. We've seen it with coaches, teammates, media, and now allegedly everyday people in a bar. I've personally seen him in a shoot around when he was being an a-hole about little kids shooting on the court because he wanted to warm up on that side of the court (the little kids had a scheduled session to go out and shoot for 5 minutes). Like others have said, he's just an angry person.

It's really just a matter of him making a choice to grow up, but I still think he's a long way away from it. Take tonight's game for example. He picks up his 6th foul on a stupid play by pulling the jersey of his opponent when the referee is standing directly behind him. Then when he goes to the bench, he's laughing with a teammate (while trying to hide it by putting his jersey over his mouth) while the Kings start pissing away the lead and it comes down to the last possession. Do you think Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, MJ, Karl Malone, etc. would ever act like that after fouling out of a game? They certainly wouldn't foul out in that manner to begin with but this really comes down to maturity and, unfortunately, DeMarcus still doesn't have any of it.

It was a related incident. Cousins has every right to be angry, just like the bee has the right to report.

This would be huge if cuz was in boston, la, or nyc. Then he would have a REAL spotlight.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
It's amazing how some of you (VF21, cough, cough, Bricklayer, cough, cough) have huge blinders on. It's very obvious if you follow DMC and the team that he is, in fact, a bully. You see it on the court when he sizes up the little dudes. We've seen it with coaches, teammates, media, and now allegedly everyday people in a bar. I've personally seen him in a shoot around when he was being an a-hole about little kids shooting on the court because he wanted to warm up on that side of the court (the little kids had a scheduled session to go out and shoot for 5 minutes). Like others have said, he's just an angry person...
I will decline to speak for my fellow mods, and I don't consider myself a Cousins fan. But, from my point of view, the Bee's coverage is biased against him, and slanted towards a particular narrative, and Cousins being immature and a bully (which he is) doesn't justify that.

Sacramento has some of the softest reporting in the sports world. Demarcus simply has to be able to handle this more professionally. Players in big markets get harassed much worse. The BEE created drama and DMC fell right into their trap.
Everyone likes to say this. How do some major market media treat their star players worse than the bee/grant?

Sacramento has some of the softest reporting in the sports world. Demarcus simply has to be able to handle this more professionally. Players in big markets get harassed much worse. The BEE created drama and DMC fell right into their trap.
There is a difference between being critical of a player when he messes up, and just throwing out random accusations. Cousins doesn't like being criticized (who does?), but has continued to have good relationships with plenty of reporters who have been critical of him. Furillo and Voison are usually more concerned with their own agendas than reporting actual news. They will grab a hold of any little thing that they believe will help support that agenda and have no qualms about twisting it to make things seem worse than they actually are .

He was conducting an interview about the most recent event and brought up a past event that had some relevance, albeit little relevance. And he may or may not have been antagonizing him, I have no idea, but it didn't seem that nefarious to me. What exactly was he defending his family from? A question about a prior incident in a club? So that now constitutes flying off the handle and squaring up on a 5'8 60+year old? Give me a break. I've defended my family before, but this was hardly something that warranted that type of reaction IMO

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
He was conducting an interview about the most recent event and brought up a past event that had some relevance, albeit little relevance. And he may or may not have been antagonizing him, I have no idea, but it didn't seem that nefarious to me. What exactly was he defending his family from? A question about a prior incident in a club? So that now constitutes flying off the handle and squaring up on a 5'8 60+year old? Give me a break. I've defended my family before, but this was hardly something that warranted that type of reaction IMO
Long LONG history there.

And apparently this was about some column Furillo wrote about him last weekend. Don't know, don't often give the Bee my clicks, so don't know what was said. But if it was said by Furillo I'm sure it was something that would in fact make you want to punch him if he said it about you.

There is a difference between being critical of a player when he messes up, and just throwing out random accusations. Cousins doesn't like being criticized (who does?), but has continued to have good relationships with plenty of reporters who have been critical of him. Furillo and Voison are usually more concerned with their own agendas than reporting actual news. They will grab a hold of any little thing that they believe will help support that agenda and have no qualms about twisting it to make things seem worse than they actually are .
That makes it okay to behave as DMC did and fall into their trap? You don't answer stupidity with stupidity. Did anyone think Voisin or the reporter were going to change their ways after DMC's outburst?

I'm not defending the Bee because I know most of their articles are clickbait, but one should be aware the reporters like Voisin are simply trying to draw a reaction out of him. They got what they wanted.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
That makes it okay to behave as DMC did and fall into their trap? You don't answer stupidity with stupidity. Did anyone think Voisin or the reporter were going to change their ways after DMC's outburst?

I'm not defending the Bee because I know most of their articles are clickbait, but one should be aware the reporters like Voisin are simply trying to draw a reaction out of him. They got what they wanted.
If the Bee "reporters" are going to act like tabloid "journalists" then they should not be surprised when they're treated accordingly.

Bricklayer

Of course they did. Nobody is saying this was smart.

However some of us are saying that who exactly aggrieved who. Who was the bully and who was the unreasonable one here is hardly so clear as the people playing the victims would have you believe. Yeah, poke a stick in the beehive again and again, then blame the bees for being vicious when they sting the crap out of you.

I based my opinion on this article and video....I don't know a whole lot about Furillo, but a buddy just told me he was Tim Kawakami lite And has been going after DMC..so f*** him...,but Cuz still needs to grow up lol

Long LONG history there.

And apparently this was about some column Furillo wrote about him last weekend. Don't know, don't often give the Bee my clicks, so don't know what was said. But if it was said by Furillo I'm sure it was something that would in fact make you want to punch him if he said it about you.
Yeah I just got some backstory lol. I posted something new right after

Bricklayer

I based my opinion on this article and video....I don't know a whole lot about Furillo, but a buddy just told me he was Tim Kawakami lite..so f**k him...,but Cuz still needs to grow up lol
Tim Kawakami is Bay Area right?

I know very little, but oddly I thought he was a nice guy. Guess not.

Don't go around calling people "clowns". That's extremely unprofessional. 2 rights don't make a wrong anywhere. He just needs to calm down. Not everything is excusable, and he's already 26. We don't need to make excuses for him.
It's extremely childish imo. There are other ways to approach this. Hopefully he learns from this.

Cousins is a hell of a talent but his biggest problem is he's as dumb as a box of rocks. Of course they baited him and of course he thinks it's cool to hang out with Barnes. One more thing I know the personality type of DMC and he might be a bully but he's not a tough guy (see Randolph incident)

Sacramento is soft compared to any major city. (Though you have to realize big cities also protect stars.) However, the Bee is not the same Bee of the Webber era or event he years after. It's a rather different beast that comes from a different school of journalism.