Cousins vs. the Bee

Take Cousins out of the equation. Make the player Darren Collison or Rudy Gay instead. I don't have a problem with the reaction or behaviour.

These guys are forced to speak to people that often @#$% on them in print. If somebody was writing about my personal life and/or family and I didn't like what they wrote, I'd confront and call them out too. The players shouldn't be the only ones "accountable" for their behaviour.

I know some of the Cousins haters are going to jump all over this because, well, it's DeMarcus Cousins. But they are hypocritical because most if not all those same people get riled up on this very site when they are called out for their opinions or if they feel singled out, disrespected or picked on. And that's while under the guise of an alter ego when nobody really knows who you are.

Some will undoubtedly say "he's a professional and didn't have to choose this line of work if he doesn't like it". So what? Still doesn't matter. These players are still human and have every right to stand up for themselves if they feel victimized or disrespected. Furthermore, I think they have every right to try to control the interview since we all know many of the things they say are often taken out of context or purposely twisted for an agenda. I'm certain that's precisely why Cousins didn't want to talk with certain individuals.

Again, I don't care what player this was. I still feel the same about it.

Take Cousins out of the equation. Make the player Darren Collison or Rudy Gay instead. I don't have a problem with the reaction or behaviour.

These guys are forced to speak to people that often @#$% on them in print. If somebody was writing about my personal life and/or family and I didn't like what they wrote, I'd confront and call them out too. The players shouldn't be the only ones "accountable" for their behaviour.

I know some of the Cousins haters are going to jump all over this because, well, it's DeMarcus Cousins. But they are hypocritical because most if not all those same people get riled up on this very site when they are called out for their opinions or if they feel singled out, disrespected or picked on. And that's while under the guise of an alter ego when nobody really knows who you are.

Some will undoubtedly say "he's a professional and didn't have to choose this line of work if he doesn't like it". So what? Still doesn't matter. These players are still human and have every right to stand up for themselves if they feel victimized or disrespected. Furthermore, I think they have every right to try to control the interview since we all know many of the things they say are often taken out of context or purposely twisted for an agenda. I'm certain that's precisely why Cousins didn't want to talk with certain individuals.

Again, I don't care what player this was. I still feel the same about it.
There's a difference between getting riled up over being singled out vs. yelling in someone's face like a petulant child. If you have a problem with someone, there are better ways to confront that person on the issues other than screaming loudly.

I don't blame him in the least. Voisin is pointedly anti-Boogie and Furillo, who knows less about sports than my toaster, is even worse. This is disgusting for the simple reason the bias in the piece by the Bee editor is beyond obvious.

I've subscribed to the Bee since the 1970s. That stops tomorrow. With Twitter I can follow Kings news without having to ever look at a picture of Voisin again. I refuse to spend another penny on that rag.
Trust me, in the internet age, you will NOT miss the Sac Bee. I know from experience. Get WSJ or USA Today or even Mountain Democrat if you want kindling with your news.

http://www.sacbee.com/opinion/opn-columns-blogs/joyce-terhaar/article121429187.html

Sam Amick ‏@sam_amick 37m37 minutes ago
The NBA was aware of Cousins situation in recent days. Strong sense that a penalty is coming. May be a couple days.
Here's what I get if I try to comment on the Bee page. I've contacted the indicated address to inquire about why, and been ignored. Classy publication:

You are banned
You are currently banned from our commenting system and are unable to post further comments. Please contact digitalmedia@sacbee.com if you have any questions.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/opinion/opn-columns-blogs/joyce-terhaar/article121429187.html#storylink=cpy

Here's what I get if I try to comment on the Bee page. I've contacted the indicated address to inquire about why, and been ignored. Classy publication:

You are banned
You are currently banned from our commenting system and are unable to post further comments. Please contact digitalmedia@sacbee.com if you have any questions.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/opinion/opn-columns-blogs/joyce-terhaar/article121429187.html#storylink=cpy
Haha! Classic case of filtering the content!

You are banned

Upset with Cousins for, among other things, trying to "control the media's narrative".

Bans people from posting dissenting opinions.

19821374-Image-of-young-businessman-puppeteer-Leadership-concept-Stock-Photo.jpg

There's a difference between getting riled up over being singled out vs. yelling in someone's face like a petulant child. If you have a problem with someone, there are better ways to confront that person on the issues other than screaming loudly.
To YOU there is. Not everyone is you.

And I'm sure you've acted like a petulant child on more than one occasion in your adult life even if you won't admit it. Difference is, there isn't always a camera around to document it for everyone to see.

Something tells me if somebody said or printed something about you or your family that irked you, you probably wouldn't be so morally above it all as you think you'd be. But go on believing differently if you want. It's easy to sit at home and judge others with impunity.

Cousins is a hell of a talent but his biggest problem is he's as dumb as a box of rocks.
One could say that this comment is as dumb as a box of rocks. It certainly is unwarranted, if nothing else.

If you are going to make a statement like this, at least back it up with substantial facts. And keep in mind that just because someone doesn't behave in a manner that you agree with doesn't make them dumb. Just because someone wears their emotions on their sleeve doesn't make them dumb.

So please, enlighten everyone how you've come to that conclusion. Did you personally administer an IQ test?

The fact that you can say things like this consequence free is the real problem.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
One could say that this comment is as dumb as a box of rocks. It certainly is unwarranted, if nothing else.

If you are going to make a statement like this, at least back it up with substantial facts. And keep in mind that just because someone doesn't behave in a manner that you agree with doesn't make them dumb. Just because someone wears their emotions on their sleeve doesn't make them dumb.

So please, enlighten everyone how you've come to that conclusion. Did you personally administer an IQ test?

The fact that you can say things like this consequence free is the real problem.
As an owner of a box of rocks, I can personally tell you that there is absolutely no way that Boogie can do vector calculus or run some quantum physics equations like my pals can.

I don't remember Buffy looking that good ever. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Come on Sac Bee, Jaleel Cousins is hardly a "Public Figure". Don't even try to spin that so you can justify using Jaleel to say how bad DMC has been
to say how he's trying to "control and censor" the media as if he were some authoritarian dictator. C'mon, SacBee.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The Boston media was just all over Al Horford about missing one game due to the birth of his child. He was 15 or so games into his Boston career.
But I doubt anyone in the Boston media has ever openly admitted to fabricating quotes and events and yet kept their job and went on to simply continue on writing hatchet pieces like Ailene Voison has.

Voisin is a real piece of crap. Furillo isn't any better. No sympathy for either of them given their constant lies and misreporting on Cousins.

Not the best reaction obviously, but I did get some petty satisfaction out of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

How about that game where Casspi and Curry where having an old fashion western shootout and we had a good chance beating them in their house but Cousins can't control his own emotions and gets himself kicked out. Game over. How about when he kicked that chair that could easily have flown into the stands and injured someone. How much freaking money has he costed himself in technicals alone? Pretty dumb imo. And as to the bolded, what kind of consequence do you think is order for calling DMC dumb? Pesky 1st ammendment I know.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
... And as to the bolded, what kind of consequence do you think is order for calling DMC dumb? Pesky 1st ammendment I know.
If you think that a newspaper is practicing poor journalism, and editorializing when they should be reporting, the consequence which is in order is to stop buying their newspaper. And, if you think that it is particularly egregious, to maybe try and influence other people to stop buying it, too.

Pesky First Amendment, indeed. Mind refreshing my memory by showing me where the First Amendment provides for consequence-free speech?

To YOU there is. Not everyone is you.

And I'm sure you've acted like a petulant child on more than one occasion in your adult life even if you won't admit it. Difference is, there isn't always a camera around to document it for everyone to see.

Something tells me if somebody said or printed something about you or your family that irked you, you probably wouldn't be so morally above it all as you think you'd be. But go on believing differently if you want. It's easy to sit at home and judge others with impunity.
I've acted like a petulant child in my adult life. The difference is that I own up to it and don't blame others for my behavior. It's called being responsible for your own actions. "everything is someone else's" fault is a flat out sophomoric approach.

The reporter wrote an aside about a past incident that was public knowledge. He didn't go digging into police archives to find incriminating evidence against Cousins' brother. The details of that incident was posted and discussed on this website, but I don't remember anyone having issue with the article's dissemination after it occurred.

For all the talk about Cousins' being able to see through poopoo BS, he sure seems to get baited quite easily.

K

KingsFan80

I am big fan of DeMarcus. But this is on him. As a professional you have to manage your emotions as reporters are fishing for this kind of stuff. If they are harassing you then file a lawsuit but this is behavior is unacceptable. He knows better.