Cousins vs. the Bee

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Wow. Can't believe so many of you are happy that some old timer got run off by Cousins. Tell me again, what exactly did Furillo do wrong?
He made it personal with Cousins years ago. This season was not a new thing. He started a feud, wanted to drive Cousins out, Cousins called him on it, it ended up a giant embarrassment for his newspaper and then the extension was the trump card. Old guys can suck too. This particular one thought he was bigger than he was, and like a certain other columnist wanted to exceed his station and start dictating outcomes. His paper lost. His little cabal lost. He lost. Good riddance.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
So, again, you didn't answer my question. What EXACTLY did he do wrong? Or, why do you feel he's not "fit for the job?" Do you have a background/education in journalism?
You mean besides personally trying to run the star player out of town? I didn't know that was in the job description for a newspaper reporter.

And AV admitted to making up quotes and has been horrible in her own right.

Neither can hold a candle to the work that folks like SHC and Amick did while they were here. Sad to see the quality sink so low.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
You mean besides personally trying to run the star player out of town? I didn't know that was in the job description for a newspaper reporter.

Neither can hold a candle to the work that folks like SHC and Amick did while they were here. Sad to see the quality sink so low.
Yep. Amazing that a newspaper that once saw Kreidler and SHC working the sports column section somehow wound up with Furillo and Voison instead.

L

Lopes

He made it personal with Cousins years ago. This season was not a new thing. He started a feud, wanted to drive Cousins out, Cousins called him on it, it ended up a giant embarrassment for his newspaper and then the extension was the trump card. Old guys can suck too. This particular one thought he was bigger than he was, and like a certain other columnist wanted to exceed his station and start dictating outcomes. His paper lost. His little cabal lost. He lost. Good riddance.
Have you ever been to a real city in the East? Criticizing players is common practice. This latest episode furillo did not write any untruths. If big boy cousins can't take it he should prob move to rural Alabama. Could you imagine cuz blowups and hurt feelings in philly or NY? Sorry but media comes with the NBA/professional sports and yes that includes adult family members...see Aaron Rodgers. Yet you don't see him yelling at reporters and threatening them.

Ha....he tried to run DMC out of town? By, what, reporting all the stupid crap that he does? Are we supposed to walk on eggshells and act like DMC is a model citizen and teammate?

Have you ever been to a real city in the East? Criticizing players is common practice. This latest episode furillo did not write any untruths. If big boy cousins can't take it he should prob move to rural Alabama. Could you imagine cuz blowups and hurt feelings in philly or NY? Sorry but media comes with the NBA/professional sports and yes that includes adult family members...see Aaron Rodgers. Yet you don't see him yelling at reporters and threatening them.
Exactly!!

So, again, you didn't answer my question.
I surely did. But it went over your head.

So to repeat, I'm glad the dude is going away not because of any perceived wrong doings (though John Galt makes a good case for it) but because he's not good at his job. Neither is Poison.

Lastly, whether I have a background/education in journalism or not is irrelevant.

L

Lopes

I surely did. But it went over your head.

So to repeat, I'm glad the dude is going away not because of any perceived wrong doings (though John Galt makes a good case for it) but because he's not good at his job. Neither is Poison.

Lastly, whether I have a background/education in journalism or not is irrelevant.
You mean he doesn't just blindly accept Cousins as the savior?