Cousins suspended by the team

Loving how the thread has turned into a Tyreke Evans discussion.

To me, most of the criticism towards Evans is legit - his decision making, pounding the ball, taking poor shots. What has no merit is extending that criticism and coming to a conclusion that Evans will never get better, won't be a star etc., considering that he's only in his second year.

bajaden

Hall of Famer

To me, most of the criticism towards Evans is legit - his decision making, pounding the ball, taking poor shots. What has no merit is extending that criticism and coming to a conclusion that Evans will never get better, won't be a star etc., considering that he's only in his second year.
Whoah there! Your starting to make too much sense..

Dammit, there goes Evans again, dominating everything! ;)

Listen, I think we should be thanking our lucky stars that we now have both Evans and Cousins on this team. Do they both need to work on their weaknesses? Of course! That's what young folks should do on their way to a successful adult career. Bur both of these players have obvious talents, above many players even at the NBA level. If the will and the work ethic are there, they will improve. But you can't teach the kind of talent Reke and Cousins have.

I'm not against fair criticism, but all people are not going to see things the same way. I am against too much emphasis on either the negative or the positive and I'm certainly against pitting these players against each other as if we can't be on bothe sides and rooting for them both to succeed. If these two succeed, then our Kings are going to succeed.

As to whether famous players success as an athlete might have come about, because of criticisms of their games, I believe constructive criticism can help anyone to improve. I just don't think NBA players are going to improve based on the criticisms of internet posters or even a good many sportswriters. Actually, I hope they are not reading it all. They should be working on their game instead. ;)

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Now I know where I'm going to spend the rest of my life after retirement.
When I lived down in Mulege, which is 600 miles south of the border on the sea of cortez, it was amazing how many italians vacationed there. The two languages are close enough that for the most part communication isn't much of a problem, and its cheap with great beaches and warm water. Just beware of stingrays.

When I lived down in Mulege, which is 600 miles south of the border on the sea of cortez, it was amazing how many italians vacationed there. The two languages are close enough that for the most part communication isn't much of a problem, and its cheap with great beaches and warm water. Just beware of stingrays.
You see a lot of Italians abroad because vacations in Italy are getting every year more and more expensive, we live in a beautiful country but we've reached a point where going to foreign countries, for the same period of time and with the same treatment, is actually cheaper then staying in our own, flight included.

Italian and Spanish are indeed very similar languages but our word for butter is the same one that Spanish people use for donkey, this can lead to some funny misunderstadings in restaurants :)

Did anybody watch the pre-game show yesterday before the heat pacers game on NBA tv and they were discussing the incident, and webber said that he hopes the organization let's him talk to cousins because he came into the league and had some problems early in his career. So I thought that was cool maybe they should hire him.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Did anybody watch the pre-game show yesterday before the heat pacers game on NBA tv and they were discussing the incident, and webber said that he hopes the organization let's him talk to cousins because he came into the league and had some problems early in his career. So I thought that was cool maybe they should hire him.
Nope, did not see it, but a lot of people around here have been calling for just that to happen, so if Webb is truly willing think the general consesnus would be be great news.

Yeah, saw that too. I hope they do let him, he kind of said it matter of fact, not like he needs to talk to him but it sounded like he'd be more than happy to help and pretty much extended the olive branch there so I hope Kings brass saw it and takes him up on it.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
I'm surprised and disappointed that the organization hasn't approached CWebb. They have an investment in Cousins, right? Why not pull out all stops? Why would anyone need to get permission to talk to Cousins.? Do they screen his girl friends too?

I'm surprised and disapponted that the organization hasn't approached CWebb. They have an investment in Cousins, right? Why not pull out all stops?
If CWebb quote is accurate it's pretty obvious Maloof's haven't approached about so much as talking to Cousins much less pay him to coach the kid. I think the FO feels huge number of folks within the organization mentoring Cuz is near overkill. Abdur-Rahim, Bjax, Coachie, Otis H, Truck Robinson, Mario Elie, maybe even Walton, plus no telling who else are babysitting him everyday.

I could see them maybe letting Chris talk to Copusins, but I can't see Chris giving up the money and national spotlight he has right now. Being behind the scenes in Sacramento for much less money doesn't seem like a move Webber is likely to make.

As far as I know, the Maloofs would have no problem with it, except money would be an issue and Webber probably would turn them down.

I know for sure that Vlade can have a job any time, because the Maloofs have said so publicly, more than one. That is even more unlikely to happen, with Vlade very involved in helping his own country.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I could see them maybe letting Chris talk to Copusins, but I can't see Chris giving up the money and national spotlight he has right now. Being behind the scenes in Sacramento for much less money doesn't seem like a move Webber is likely to make.

As far as I know, the Maloofs would have no problem with it, except money would be an issue and Webber probably would turn them down.

I know for sure that Vlade can have a job any time, because the Maloofs have said so publicly, more than one. That is even more unlikely to happen, with Vlade very involved in helping his own country.

I believe that Vlade said that when his son reaches college age, he wants him to go to school in the states, and at that time he's consider some sort of job with the team. When that is, I have no idea..

I believe that Vlade said that when his son reaches college age, he wants him to go to school in the states, and at that time he's consider some sort of job with the team. When that is, I have no idea..
I believe his oldest son is in the teens...I think well into them but I think it would be tough gig for Divac to turn his back on the current role he has in Serbia as a president of olympic committee.

Even if his kids do go to college in USA, I doubt that Divac moves to the States! At least not in the near future.