Corliss Williamson

Petrie as 'preliminary conversation' with Williamson's agent

Sam Amick - Bee Staff Writer

Published 12:38 pm PDT Tuesday, July 3, 2007

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Free-agent Corliss Williamson said during the 2006-07 season that he believes he has six seasons left in the NBA and expects to be in a uniform next season.

The question is where?

The 12-year veteran made $6.5 million last season with the Kings and had said he would be seeking a three-year deal this time around. Kings basketball president Geoff Petrie said no offer has been made to Williamson, 33, but he has had "a preliminary conversation" with his agent, Jimmy Sexton.
"I'll be talking to him again to see what options are out there for us just in general," Petrie said.

http://www.sacbee.com/kings/story/254692.html
[/FONT]

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Ya know I really like Corless as sort of lucky charm, old pro who is a good influence on young players and still usefull player but on a rebuild team I am not so sure the Kings can afford to tie up too much money for too long on him.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I like Corliss; I love what he brings to the team and the locker room. I just don't know if the Kings can afford to give him a three-year deal as we try to rebuild.

EDIT: Oops. Celt beat me to it.

:p

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
I like Corliss; I love what he brings to the team and the locker room. I just don't know if the Kings can afford to give him a three-year deal as we try to rebuild.
Ditto that. Would love to see him stay as a sparkplug-type off the bench with his scoring capabilities.

wonder if he'd take a longer deal at the veteran's minimum. essentially ask him to retire as a King and help the franchise for signing for cheap. he might actually do it, too