Consolidated Artest rumor thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW, Chris Sheridan from ESPN says:

Executives around the league said there was an unusually high level of trade discussions as the clock wound down to Thursday's 3 p.m. ET trading deadline. One source said the Denver Nuggets were making "a harder push" in their efforts to acquire Ron Artest from the Kings, although it was unclear if that meant they were now willing to include Linas Kleiza or were re-exploring the possibility of trading Nene to Sacramento.

"The time it really heats up is Tuesday through Thursday," said Thorn, who will be fueling plenty of that heat himself between now and 3 p.m. Thursday.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=sheridan_chris&page=Nets-080219

It is just a feeling he has. That's why he said it was a "feeling".

I hope the Kings aren't done, but I have to admit, I think we are. I think Geoff won't pull the trigger on an Artest deal. I hope I'm wrong like I was on the Bibby scenario.
thanks, i do see the kings trading tyronn lue to phx/bos for a 2nd rounder. i think the kings have waited to long for denver.

FP on the rise guys said, stay tuned "he know there will be a trade today, there has to be the way Ron Ron has been playing."

I dunno. i can actually see nothing happening, and even artest not opt out.

Artest to Spurs?

In a new Insider report, ESPN hoops analyst Chad Ford says the Spurs have actually considered adding the volatile, but talented, Ron Artest via a trade with the Sacramento Kings.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nbrans, i know......wishful thinking. they would be even more a favorite. coach pop i think could contain ron ron. and i could see ron ron signing a extention there.

bowen and artest would be nasty.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Theoretically they could include a first round pick and Ian Mahinmi (young PF) or rights to Tiago Splitter.

Forgot about Splitter. That would be interesting.

The funny thing is that I think the Spurs actually need a deal like this. All great teams get old, and then season it just feels like the one where San Antonio has lost its spark and gotten drab. Of course now is also about the point in the season where the Spurs normally kick things into hyperdrive, but I'm not sure they have the strength to separate themselves from the rest fo the West anymore as currently constructed.

Last edited:
Forgot about Splitter. That would be interesting.

The funny thing is that I think the Spurs actually need a deal like this. All great teams get old, and then season it just feels like the fun where San Antonio has lost its spark and gotten drab. Of course now is also about the point in the season where the Spurs normally kick things into hyperdrive, but I'm not sure they have the strength to separate themselves as currently constructed.
They also have to make up for the fact that they were incredibly, hugely stupid to give away the rights to Scola for basically nothing.

Damnit Petrie, just take the draft pick and RUN!!! Why are you being stingy with a player we don't even want to keep past this year?

I agree 100% najera and pick!!!!!!

2 first rounds and 2 2nds.....petire would do wonders. denvers picks in the 20's thats his bread and butter picking area.

I'd have to agree. As far as I'm concerned, if we get a 1st rounder and an expiring for Ron it's a success. Maybe not equal talent wise, but it helps us going forward far more than keeping him. I think Geoff could be worried about making another trade not getting good talent in return... I hope not. They're the right moves for a rebuilding team. Especially considering the circumstances surrounding Artest.

Status
Not open for further replies.