Congrats Sonics

ultraman206 said:
Geez, why is all this sonics hate going around? They beat us hands down. They played hard for all 5 games... we didn't. They played hard as a team... Ray Allen wasn't playing by himself all those games. We never hated them before why start now? I wish them luck next round and I will be rooting for them because I don't hate them.
I won't be rooting for them but you are right, I won't hate them just because we lose to them. They just don't have that thing to fall in the Lakers-Mavericks-TWolves category in my mind.

I say congrats to Ray Allen because without him the Sonics do not win this series. Congrats Ray you won this series for your team by yourself. Kings will be back next year and with a vengeance. Kings till I die!

F

Fillmoe

Congratulations Ray Allen dont take it too hard when yall get swept up by the Spurs......

PS: FiLLMoE is bitter!

Congratulations Sonics. They won this last game and they earned it. I'm looking forward to cheering for them against the Spurs. Frustrating end of a season for Sac, but it wasn't meant to be. Did anyone watch Ray Allen after the game? Bibby was running for the exits and Allen raced after him for a hug. I thought that showed a good amount of class. I was also surprised to see Brad go to center court to congratulate everyone. Way to go Brad.

Anyway, the better team won. Next year we're going to be better. Even if we have the exact same team, with a full season, we could be a 2nd round team. Ideally, we'll make a bold move and we'll be back as a real contender.

Go Kings. Go Sonics(for now)

funsc said:
they were just lucky.
Who? Obviously you don't mean the team that outplayed us in 80% of our games. Talk about bitter.

Rashards 3ptr was HUGE this game. I'll give my boys credit though. The crowd was waiting to burst for about 30 minutes. Every single time they were about to go nuts, Peja or Bibby dropped one in. It didn't last forever, but at least our guys went out swinging. Way to go Peja. You played good this series.

Congrats to the Sonics on their whole season up to this point. I don't think any of us last summer had them pegged as the 3rd seed and advancing to the WCSFs.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Bah humbug.

Bite me, Danny Fortson. And Jerome James? You'd better hold on to that trash bag. You might need it in round two when you get your head handed to you...

Sorry, I think I must have some unresolved anger issues.

VF21 said:
Bah humbug.

Bite me, Danny Fortson. And Jerome James? You'd better hold on to that trash bag. You might need it in round two when you get your head handed to you...

You can work out your issues as you watch Jerome James get called for his 3rd consecutive travelling in the first quarter of game 1 against the Spurs.

VF21 said:
Bah humbug.

Yeah, screw the Sonics, I hope the Spurs sweep their candy *** es.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
PixelPusher said:
You can work out your issues as you watch Jerome James get called for his 3rd consecutive travelling in the first quarter of game 1 against the Spurs.
Most definitely. In fact, it will probably occur before the first commercial break.

Whoa, and I actually thought this thread was to congratulate the Sonics! Silly me. :D

The Sonics earned their 3rd seed despite detractors and they won this series. They were the better team this time. But be careful about gloating too much Sonics fans. Your team's been together 2 years and you beat a 6th seed and a roster that played together for the first time in game 1 of the POs. The Kings probably went through the most roster upheavel of any NBA team this year.

Yes it's exciting to see your team in the PO's and winning the 1st round. Just don't mistake it for a bigger victory than it really was.

And if you don't want Ray next year, send him our way ;) .

The only thing I will say is Jerome James is low-class for besmirching the Kings organization and Adelman, who have totally denied his story and we know the Maloofs and Adelman would never treat any player that way. They are far too classy and kind. Shame on him.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
The thread was started to congratulate the Sonics. I opened it fully intending to do the same, but then I was possessed by demons or something. I couldn't help myself. The image of a smug, gloating Danny Fortson and a too-full-of-himself history revisionist Jerome James overcame me.

Bah humbug!!!

Oops. There it goes again...

;)

Well done to the sonics. At the end of the day when it came down to it they played smarter,harder, better, more team orientated basketball.
Goodluck against the Spurs

VF21 said:
The image of a smug, gloating Danny Fortson and a too-full-of-himself history revisionist Jerome James overcame me.
Oops. There it goes again...;)
Yeah, I just couldn't let that JJ crap story go either. :p

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
"Game recognizes game." Congratulations, Supersonics.

I don't get the bitterness by some people here; personally, there's only enough hate in my heart for one team, and it ain't in Seattle. I can honestly say that there isn't a single player on the Sonics squad that I wouldn't be happy to see in a Kings uniform, and that includes Danny F. Fortson. Well, maybe not Cleaves; we've already had that particular experience.

Now, if they were to go ahead and get swept by the Spurs, I wouldn't shed a tear, but that's neither here nor there...

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Naw, congrats. They were the better team. They weren't 12 months ago, and I doubt they will be 12 months from now. But today, this series, won it fair and square and got a great performance out of Ray Allen.

Now, uh, good luck with the Spurs. You're going to need it.

Congratualations to the Seattle Supersonics

They played their butts off, their superstar played like a superstar and lead them to win out this series...the better team won and thats not a shock...good luck to them in the second round against Denver or San Antonio (most likely San Antonio)..heh yeah good luck there

thanks for the congrats Kings fans

was a good series and best of luck next season. I'm guessing you have have an interesting off-season ahead with different guys maybe moving or needing re-signing.

Kings were outplayed and even outcoached at times. The loss sucks but really, whats the difference between 1st round or 2nd round exit. Neither of these two teams had/have a prayer against the Spurs.

Thanks...

I don't know what to say... I mean, I am so happy, but at the same time I understand your pain. We have gone through that for years, not even reaching the play-offs.

The last game was finally like a play-off game. I mean both teams hustled, energy was there. There were no blown-up leads, very little careless plays, determination till the end. I think I liked this game the most, even though I enjoyed game 4 the most.

Ray is the man for us... There were some Ray Allen bashing every now and then in some of our boards. Bucks fans were always coming and telling us that we would fall in love with him when play-off time comes and he hits clutch shot after clutch shot... Boy... were they right. If I was Schultz, I'd give whatever Ray wants right now.

Aside from that we always had some other guys stepping up. It was JJ at the beginning, and then one game it was Radman, and then it was Collison. By the way, we are quite impressed w/ Collison during the whole year. He never came up in Sportscenter or somewhere like that since there were really very limited Sonics games televised this year. But that guy has some nice basketball IQ. He is not the most athletic guy, he does not have a finesse shot, but he is really very smart with his selections. No wonder he led Sonics in FG% this year.

You guys have some very talented individuals in this team, but as many of you said, they were not playing as a team. It may be because of Brad's injury, but during the whole series, you relied on too many outside shots. It may be the first time that we consistently outscored a team in the paint. I mean, we were outrebounding many teams, but with those rebounds we were generally going out to shoot a mid or long range jump shot. We were able to drive into your lane a lot.

I think Cuttino does not belong to your team. Or he can at best replace BoJax to come off the bench. Many people were frustrated at Peja for getting disappearing in the 4th. I think this had a lot to do with Cat as well. After some point in the game, the guy decides to take over and starts shooting. This was actually very obvious in game 4, and in game 5 when Cat finally was not there, you had a better offensive flow. Unfortunately for you, there was not a big man to be used inside.

Which comes to another player, Tag... I don't think he could be effective. I mean he could get some rebounds to help you, but you'd have even more disadvantage in pick and rolls. The only way for Tag to play is if you're playing zone defense. Adelman didn't want to use it, because of our shooters. I think you can argue why he didn't play zone, but I think he was right not to play Tag, especially after game 2. I mean, JJ was able to dribble around him.

Peja was a kind of disappointment, but not totally. He came from injury as well. In a previous topic, I said that after injuries players are not that consistent. I don't think he did a great job on Lewis though, well maybe some nice job here and there, but whenever Lewis had a post-up, Peja got help, which led us to rebound even better on the offensive side. Adelman tried bringing JJ's man, then JJ had great games. Then Adelman tried bringing Evans' man, then Nate countered with replacing Evans with Radman and Collison to get more scores.

I was actually disappointed with Bibby. He had a great 3rd game and a very nice 5th game, but all in all I was expecting more from him. But, at the same time I am happy that he couldn't show everything. The one thing that we did on Bibby was to crowd him with our PF on the defensive end. We tried to make him cold. Once Webber and Divac gone, your only two passers are Brad and Bibby. Brad is not mobile so take Bibby out of his game. When combined with Cat, your offense was one-on-one in the 4th quarters (except for game 5).

I don't have much to say about Adelman. To tell the truth, I am not a fan of him. It always appeared to me that he is not a good game time coach even though he can build up a good team and make it compete. Nate, over the years, because of many player changes (or bad players) learnt how to juggle with the team during the game. Normally, you'll see that before the first half ends, 10 of the Sonics have seen court time. Nate then can figure out who's playing how that night and can form the team better in the second half. Play-off basketball sometimes needs some very small adjustments because even 1-2 points can change the whole flow of the game. Not many coaches can do these adjustments and I think Nate is still learning, but after so many years, you'd expect Adelman to learn as well.

I still wouldn't say you should let Adelman go. On the contrary, you are in a transition phase and I think Adelman is the right person to rebuild a team. Also, you can change either the players or the coach. If you change them both, you have the recipe for the disaster, like no play-offs or being a lottery team. Anyhow, Adelman can create a nice playing team again when the players are finalized, but after he creates this team, I think it is time to look at to get another coach who would take you to the next level. (did I say I don't have much to say about Adelman?? :) )

Anyhow... I know, many of you right now want Spurs to whoop our collective a**es and I can certainly understand that. It won't be easy for us, that's for sure. I think we have like 30% chance (if not less) against them to be realistic, but still I am a fan I'll hope that we'll win that series as well. If we won't I'll of course be very sorry, but when I look at this year, I'll always remember it with a smile.

Best of luck.

Last edited:
Congratulations to Seattle, they definitely played harder and came out of the gate swinging. That said, Jerome James, Reggie Evans and Danny Fortson will never get an ounce of respect from me. The rest of the team, yes. But not those three goons. Ray Allen is a class act and I could never say a bad word about him. Best of luck against the Spurs...you're gonna need it...

Congratulations Sonics. Your injured players recovered faster and more efficiently then ours and you played better. You guys better pay Ray Allen whatever he wants, or you'll be in the lottery next year.

iheartBrad said:
Congratualations to the Seattle Supersonics

They played their butts off, their superstar played like a superstar and lead them to win out this series...the better team won and thats not a shock...good luck to them in the second round against Denver or San Antonio (most likely San Antonio)..heh yeah good luck there
yup you pretty much put my words on paper already so im quoting you becuase thats what i would have said, lol. anyways....

CONGRADULATIONS SEATTLE!!!!

congrats sonics, thanks for beating us so you guys could get beat down by the spurs. nah, it should be a good series. i don't think the sonics will get swept. and if it weren't for that piece of sh*t jerome james, i would be rooting for you guys against the spurs.

gocmen said:
Thanks...
I don't know what to say... I mean, I am so happy, but at the same time I understand your pain. We have gone through that for years, not even reaching the play-offs.
This tickled me gocman. This was the Kings 20th season in Sacramento. 11 years, not in the playoffs (includes 9 years in a row.) Seattle in 38th season...22 times in the playoffs, I believe last time 2 years ago.

Seattles appearances in POs over the same 20 years as Sacramento Kings: 1987, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2005 (14 times) it appears. (If these are incorrect for the Sonics, mea culpa in advance.) (Sacramento same 20 years = 9 POs)

I don't know who knows pain like Kings fans do, LOL. Maybe someone with more basketball history knowledge will come up with someone.