[CLE/DET] Eastern Conference Finals discussion

Who will win the Eastern Conference Title?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I'm going to go on record and predict a big series for Webber; a center like Ilgauskas is just the kind of opponent that he will be able to maximize his skills against.

GO PISTONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

I love the way they play. I know everyone here is just a huge fan of Webber(I'm a huge fan also) but how can you not love the way they play as a team? Chauncey and Rip=awesome backcourt combination. Then in the frontcourt Sheed and Tayshaun are really fun to watch, Sheed is always exciting and full of emotion and he can shoot 3 pointers. Tay can post people up and he has an excellent all around game. Off the bench McDyess can be fun to watch, I love JMaxiell's hustle and hunger, and Delfino is cool also.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I love the way they play. I know everyone here is just a huge fan of Webber but how can you not love the way they play as a team? Chauncey and Rip=awesome backcourt combination. Then in the frontcourt Sheed and Tayshaun are really fun to watch, Sheed is always exciting and full of emotion and he can shoot 3 pointers. Tay can post people up and he has an excellent all around game. Off the bench McDyess can be fun to watch, I love JMaxiell's hustle and hunger, and Delfino is cool also.
No you don't. Some of us actually liked the Pistons before Webber like there, and just happen to like them more because Webber is there.

Of course, I also watch more eastern conference games than the average poster here...

mainly because we have the nerve to play both sides of the ball...

lol I like the Suns also, and I thought the Warriors are fun. But just because the Pistons aren't exactly flashy doesn't mean they're not fun to watch IMO. They play great basketball, they play the way the game's supposed to be played. They play like an actual team. Also they have some of the best "shot-makers" in the league as far as crazy shots go. I have seen Sheed make some insane shots like his 60 footer against Denver or his 30 foot one handed shot that hit the glass against Orlando. And he has a very nice turn around jumper and he's got great post moves. I've been a fan of his ever since he was in Portland. Billups makes some really nice shots also, stuff that makes you go "wow". Atleast IMO.

I voted for Detroit but i wonder if Cleveland will step up like they've been threatening to do all season long.
I'd love to see this series going to the wire, a game 7 and as a dagger : a huge and1 dunk on Webber by Lebron to win the Eastern Conference title !:)

For the record, Pistons were my favorite team in the East before Webber. Now they are my least favorite, although I like the way they play.

I voted for Cavs just simply because I hate Detroit :)

I like Webb and think he deserve a ring, but unfortunatelly I hate Detroit more than I like Webb.

lol I like the Suns also, and I thought the Warriors are fun. But just because the Pistons aren't exactly flashy doesn't mean they're not fun to watch IMO. They play great basketball, they play the way the game's supposed to be played. They play like an actual team.
Thank you. Thank you very much. Someone who can appreciate good, fundamentally sound basketball, even if it's not full of three-pointers and alley-oops.

Thank you. Thank you very much. Someone who can appreciate good, fundamentally sound basketball, even if it's not full of three-pointers and alley-oops.

I don't get why people dislike the Pistons. I think they are really fun to watch. I get why people dislike the Spurs but I think Detroit is really entertaining. Webber makes some great passes and has some nice moves in the post. Sheed is always full of emotion and very entertaining with his 3 pointers, post moves, and blocks. Billups has a ton of skills and he's the description of a floor general basically. I just don't get why people don't like watching them.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I don't get why people dislike the Pistons.
I don't know about every case, of course, but I'm reasonably sure the reason SOME people don't like the Pistons is because of a complete and total hatred for Chris Webber that goes totally outside the realm of normalcy.

But that's just my three cents on the matter.

:)

I don't know about every case, of course, but I'm reasonably sure the reason SOME people don't like the Pistons is because of a complete and total hatred for Chris Webber that goes totally outside the realm of normalcy.

But that's just my three cents on the matter.

:)
Since you are now taking cheap shots... I will explain myself. There is absolutely nothing outside the realm of normalcy there. Some people dont like Shaq, some people dont like Marbury, some people dont like Duncan, I dislike Chris Webber. It is a lot more abnormal how much you have defended him and ignored his criminal acts.

With that being sad, dont get it confused with me not liking Pistons basketball. I was and will be a great fan of their team basketball (and I was praising it while still the majority here were saying that you must have a superstar in order to win NBA championship and then called their achievement a fluke). I prefer to watch Suns or Mavericks (not GS), but Detroit was very next on my list of favorite teams to watch.

The main reason why I want the Pistons to fail is because a couple of people have said here that they would use that to rub it in the face of those who doubted Webber (of course, thinking about me primarily). In the unlikely even that it happens (and it will be really sweet when it doesn't), Webber's legacy will only be upgraded to include the title: "Detroit Pistons' Antoine Walker".

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Since you are now taking cheap shots... I will explain myself. There is absolutely nothing outside the realm of normalcy there. Some people dont like Shaq, some people dont like Marbury, some people dont like Duncan, I dislike Chris Webber. It is a lot more abnormal how much you have defended him and ignored his criminal acts.

With that being sad, dont get it confused with me not liking Pistons basketball. I was and will be a great fan of their team basketball (and I was praising it while still the majority here were saying that you must have a superstar in order to win NBA championship and then called their achievement a fluke). I prefer to watch Suns or Mavericks (not GS), but Detroit was very next on my list of favorite teams to watch.

The main reason why I want the Pistons to fail is because a couple of people have said here that they would use that to rub it in the face of those who doubted Webber (of course, thinking about me primarily). In the unlikely even that it happens (and it will be really sweet when it doesn't), Webber's legacy will only be upgraded to include the title: "Detroit Pistons' Antoine Walker".
First of all, I didn't mention any names whatsoever...

Second, perception is everything, sloter, and your hatred of Webber IMHO is almost irrational considering some of the comments you've made. Look at your last paragraph. You act as though Chris Webber personally came to your house, assaulted your favorite pet and then did foul things in your cereal.

Those comments are exactly why I made my post above. The main reason you want a team you profess to really like to fail is because of the presence of one player? If that's not irrational, I don't know what is.

We've had this argument numerous times and I'm not going to get into it with you again. BMiller52 asked why some people made disparaging comments about the Pistons and I responded. And with your response to me, you pretty proved my response to BMiller52.

Have a nice evening.

Those comments are exactly why I made my post above. The main reason you want a team you profess to really like to fail is because of the presence of one player? If that's not irrational, I don't know what is.
Yes, I like that team less than I dislike Chris Webber. The Kings were the only team I could still root for with him on the team. Absolutely nothing irrational about that. Just like a lot of Kings fans would be turned off if Shaq or Phil Jackson had come to Sacramento.

What is irrational is ignoring crimes. That's at least immoral and in some cases illegal.

Have a good evening.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
What is irrational is ignoring crimes. That's at least immoral and in some cases illegal.

Have a good evening.
Webber has paid his debt to society for his "crimes." There's an important passage in the Bible that refers to those without sin casting the first stone. You might want to read up on it.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
You don't have to be religious to understand the principle. But as I said above, we've been down this path before and I know full well neither of us is going to budge an inch, so ... peace.

You don't have to be religious to understand the principle. But as I said above, we've been down this path before and I know full well neither of us is going to budge an inch, so ... peace.
I wasn't expecting anything else, just thought I'd clear the "outside the realm of normalcy" qualifier. Good night.

And for the record after reviewing the comments about people who are not excited about the Pistons, your reply to the person above wasn't even accurate. It seems that I am the only one who doesn't like them only because of Webber, the remaining posters seem to not care about them because they think that their style is boring. Interesting that of all these people you singled me out even without referring to my name.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.