Chelsi Welch

Ok i've never posted here but I thought it would be a good idea because i'm confused about something and I know all you people out there are know all's
Why didn't Chelsi Welch get drafted? she wasn't even listed on the prospect profiles? I love her

I'll admit to having to look her up, her name did not ring a bell for me ;)

Not knowing a whole lot about her or what her post collegiate plans were/are...the broader answer to the question of why she may not have been drafted is that there were only 39 slots available for all of the players eligible to find themselves drafted onto a WNBA roster. Between now and opening of the season, there's still a possibility of undrafted players being signed as free agents. Teammate Leah Rush had been scouted and also I believe drafted yesterday and too I believe had gotten an invite to pre-draft camp.. So it may have had something to do with whether or not she was interested in playing at the pro level

The media definitely paid a bit more attention to her sophomore teammate...Courtney Paris. :)

I wasn't aware that people didn't know who she was. I noticed her when she and Leah Rush were hitting all of those threes off of Courtney Paris. She is an amazing three point shooter from past nba range and in. I hope someone picks her up.
She only averaged 1.7 ppg less than Rush and is a 45 percent three point shooter in her last senior season. And only 2.9 ppg less than Rush in the NCAA tournament. Which Rush only had her beat because of the first round game with 19 points.

Chicago Sky WNBA team invites Chelsi

Although Chelsi wasn't drafted by a WNBA team, at least the Chicago Sky invited her to a tryout.

Chelsi played for Bo Overton, who had been an assitant at Oklahoma and is now the Sky's head coach and G.M. for the upcoming '07 season.

Here's an article:
http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArt...SEL=01&DB_OEM_ID=300&SPSID=2534&ATCLID=858550

Other former Oklahoma Sooner players who were drafted in the WNBA are here:
http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=301018