Cavs keeping it interesting...

Run away with a win at the end of the 4th against Boston, and Traylor puts up one game numbers worthy of a 5th selection in the draft (22 and 10 in 20 minutes).

Unfortunately, NJ is killing Washington, so it's going to come down to a one-game season for both teams as to which team makes the playoffs. I'd personally like to see the Cavs and Heat as I'm relatively certain that Shaq will just work over the Nets big men.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Either 8th seed is going to get demolished by a motivated Shaq, and the rest of the Miami studs.

However, I'm a Lebron fan, and I really want him to make the playoffs, given what he's had to go through with his team this year. If they are smart, Clevland will bring him help, and a coach, and maybe some more help.

good for them...

I really would like to see LbJ in the POs..but at the same time...the Nets deserve to be in the POs..

I suspected it was gonna come down to the final game of the season...Cavs gotta hope that NJ loses and NJ has got to make sure they win...

Wouldn't it be great if those two teams had to play each other for the final game? There should be a clause in the NBA that says that if two teams are deadlocked with a game left in the season, they should have to play each other to decide which one goes to the dance.

I mean, it would suck if the Nets were playing the Hornets or Bobcats at home and the Cavs were playing the Spurs on the road, or vice versa.

Just a random rambling... Carry on.

Check out LeBron's statline from tonight:
47 minutes, 13-27 shooting, 2-3 from outside, 4-5 from the line, 8 rebounds, 6 assists, 5 steals, 3 turnovers, 32 points.

He's really good, isn't he?

By the way, Cleveland plays at Toronto (who probably relishes getting a chance to play "spoiler"), and New Jersey plays at Boston (who's already wrapped up their seeding/division and started resting their star players tonight against the Cavs).

Should be a good one... :rolleyes:

Wonder whether Boston will help out their Atlantic brethren, or whether they want to try to put the screws to them and force them to miss the playoffs.

Toronto's best way to play "spoiler" would be to tank the game to the Cavs and hope that the Nets lose, thereby tanking Vince's post-season hopes the same way he tanked his season with the Raptors.

Superman said:
Check out LeBron's statline from tonight:
47 minutes, 13-27 shooting, 2-3 from outside, 4-5 from the line, 8 rebounds, 6 assists, 5 steals, 3 turnovers, 32 points.

He's really good, isn't he?
The kid is just ridiculous. I could even begin to imagine having that kind of effort and performance EVERY night and still losing. He's a one man show and its really sad and unfortunate...everyone else is ridiculously inconsistent...its just not fair

4cwebb said:
Wonder whether Boston will help out their Atlantic brethren, or whether they want to try to put the screws to them and force them to miss the playoffs.

Toronto's best way to play "spoiler" would be to tank the game to the Cavs and hope that the Nets lose, thereby tanking Vince's post-season hopes the same way he tanked his season with the Raptors.
lol

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
4cwebb said:
Oh, talk about poetic justice.

4cwebb said:

LOL... good idea

4cwebb said:

I would really like to see Cavs in the playoffs. Vince does not deserve it.

^why cuz he wanted to get the hell out of Toronto...I personally do not get peoples hatred of him...the only ones I expect to hate him are Raptor fans...to say that he doesn't deserve is like saying Tracy McGrady doesn't deserve to be in the POs even though he worked his butt off this year...thats also like saying I would like to see the NJN in the POs cuz the rest of LbJ's team doesn't deserve to be there...

Bottomline is Vince has been THE reason why that team is currently and technically in the POs right now...and he hasn't stopped smiling since he's been in NJ

People really need to move on...its over

LeBron would avearage a double-double with points/assists if any of his teammates could ever make a shot! It wouldn't surprise me if he AVERAGES a triple double at least once in his career! He's not the next Jordan or Magic.....He's the first LeBron!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
4cwebb said:
That's one of the most diabolical things I've read on this board...

I LIKE IT!!

yeah that why I said its out of the Cavs hands...they really have to hope that Nets lose...

:thinks: I think I said in this thread...it might have been the thread about the East PO picture that Brick started

Check out this Scoop Jackson ESPN article on what's been happening in Cleveland since Dan Gilbert took over. Great writing, if you ask me.

Cavs fans are on the edge

The beginning of the article:
This was the last team they needed to see. The Lords of the Ring. Not them. Not on this day.

The Cavs knew that. But what were they going to do? Doesn't matter that the Detroit Pistons had nothing to prove. The Pistons' post-April 19th destiny was not just set, but their fate is possibly the exact opposite of the team – of the city – challenging them.

So the Cavs are the exact opposite of who they were going up against.

The Cavs, a team fighting for their lives; the Pistons, fighting for a win.

The Cavs, a team that hasn't been to the playoffs since 1999; the Pistons, defending a chip.

The Cavs, who had lost 15 of their last 17 games on the road; the Pistons, on a nine-game winning streak.

The Cavs, a team with one superstar; the Pistons, with stars but none super.

The Cavs, a team that can't fill in the blanks; the Pistons, a team that has its (blank) together.

This is about the rise and eternal fall of the Cleveland Cavaliers. About an NBA team's sweet potato pie of hell after its slice-of-heaven experience. About how one season's mission turned into two halves of inevitability.

This is about two people – one named LeBron, the other named Dan. Dan, the new owner of the Cavs, the man the basketball world is about to blame all of this on. And LeBron, the player who might be on limited time with the organization he was born to save.

This is their story.

VF21 said:
That's one of the most diabolical things I've read on this board...

I LIKE IT!!

I'd love to see it. While Vince has worked hard to get NJ into playoff contention, it's hard to forgive a guy for basically just folding it in and not bringing it every night just because he was on a bad team.

Oh, and while I think the "spoiler" suggestion for the Raptors is a nice concept, I think the Spurs carried it out a couple years ago when facing Dallas during the last game of the season. Win or lose, Spurs got homecourt throughout the playoffs, but if Dallas won, they got homecourt over the Kings in round 2. Speculative to think the two would matchup? Not really, considering how well both were playing during that season. So, Spurs sit down Duncan for that game, effectively handing it to the Mavs (who play their starters). Mavs win the second round series after CWebb blows out his knee in 7 games (due largely to homecourt advantage, imho).

All of that to say that it's happened before, and I'd love to see it happen again. Too bad the games tip off at the same time.

^^ I agree, the Nets will get the 8th.....The cavs would get swept by the heat, but I honestly think that the Nets can put up a fight... I would love to see the Heat go down in the 1st round......I absolutely despise that team...and it's not even about shaq, it's the supporting cast: Damon Jones, Wade, Eddie Jones....even, Haslem.....they all have that i'm the s*** c***y attitude that i just can't stand.

oh I almost forgot add Zo to that list, he is probably the biggest a***** on that team, and also Stan Van Gundy, waaahhh, what a crybaby.

P.S

Yes, i'm a hater, sue me..:eek:

Last edited:
This probably means that the Cavaliers season is over, as of tonight. Sorry, LeBron. This is why I think that there should be a face-off between the two teams involved, so that other teams can't affect what happens like that. But, on the other hand, New Jersey gets rewarded for winning the season series between the two teams. Oh well, though. I guess I just really wanted to see LeBron go to the playoffs.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/preview?gameId=250420002

Boston rested its starters in the fourth quarter of a 100-86 loss at Cleveland on Tuesday. Antoine Walker paced the Celtics with 22 points.

"Yeah, I'm going to try to keep the minutes the exact same (Wednesday)," Celtics coach Doc Rivers said of his starters. "I just think it's fair."

iheartBrad said:
^why cuz he wanted to get the hell out of Toronto...I personally do not get peoples hatred of him...the only ones I expect to hate him are Raptor fans...to say that he doesn't deserve is like saying Tracy McGrady doesn't deserve to be in the POs even though he worked his butt off this year...thats also like saying I would like to see the NJN in the POs cuz the rest of LbJ's team doesn't deserve to be there...

Bottomline is Vince has been THE reason why that team is currently and technically in the POs right now...and he hasn't stopped smiling since he's been in NJ

People really need to move on...its over
No, I don't hate Vince for simply leaving Toronto you cannot hate some one for this. I hate him becasue how he left Toronto. He simply gave up and didn't play to his full capacity so that they would be forced to trade him.

Keep in mind I don't even like Toronto

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I can't say anything bad about Carter this season; he's almost single-handedly taken my Winner's Fantasy League team from the outhouse to the penthouse... with only about six hours left in the regular season, it's looking like the Dec. 27 trade I made to acquire Carter and Antawn Jamison for Jermaine O'Neal and Kirk Hinrich will turn out to be the most significant trade made in that league all season.

Wish I was having that kind of success in my other leagues, though; it's looking like Bernie F. Bickerstaff's decision to sit a healthy Brevin Knight last night is going to cost me a chance to win KG's league, and I'm flat out being pounded in the consolation game for bigdog's league, a league that I won last year... :(

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
4cwebb said:

Evil genius!

Vinc did a smart thing. If you lower your trade value then you go to a better team. Toronto would have required a better person from New Jersey say Richard Jefferson or even Jason Kidd. But since Vince was sandbaggin it New Jersey keeps both, adds Vince and voila Rebuilding Over! Its a dirty tactic but I like it!

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
teamdimechampionship said:
Its a dirty tactic but I like it!
You must be kidding me. :rolleyes:

He is indeed fortunate I do not play for Toronto or he would probably be celebrating his "brillaint" tactic from a full body cast as his team spiraled toward the lottery.