Cat out of bag and other latest news, rumors, etc.

I just thought of this, Seattle fans are being hypocrites about their latest bid. They bashed us for putting together a bid at the last minute, and saying that we didn't have proper proof of funds, but their group is doing the same thing. Making a bid at the last minute. Do they have $75 mill in cash available? Are they willing to put it into escrow?

"Hansen’s $525 million has been in escrow for some time."

Looks like something written by a sonicsrising loony.
ANYONE who claims that Hansen has put $525 million into escrow to buy the team is either out right lying, or unble to simple math and problem solving. IF the so called franchise valuation price is $525 million then the 65% would be $342.25 for the Maloofs' and their toadie's 65% share. So why would Hansen put $525 mill in escrow? Author loses all credibility with that claim.

I just thought of this, Seattle fans are being hypocrites about their latest bid. They bashed us for putting together a bid at the last minute, and saying that we didn't have proper proof of funds, but their group is doing the same thing. Making a bid at the last minute. Do they have $75 mill in cash available? Are they willing to put it into escrow?
I don't think we want to question ballmers finances. It's the one place Seattle truly kills us. We just need to take care of our finances.

ANYONE who claims that Hansen has put $525 million into escrow to buy the team is either out right lying, or unble to simple math and problem solving. IF the so called franchise valuation price is $525 million then the 65% would be $342.25 for the Maloofs' and their toadie's 65% share. So why would Hansen put $525 mill in escrow? Author loses all credibility with that claim.
Art Theil has actually been the one columnist up there that has tried to present an unbiased view. Most of the Seattle fans have despised him due to this. I think he meant their full portion of their offer is in escrow while ours isn't yet.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Art Theil has actually been the one columnist up there that has tried to present an unbiased view. Most of the Seattle fans have despised him due to this. I think he meant their full portion of their offer is in escrow while ours isn't yet.
He has also been running on sheer speculation 99% of the time.

And that actually supports my point. IF you have sources and KNOW what is going on you report accurate information. If you are adequate with logic and math you can read the papers/leaks and make a reasonable conjecture. If you are either flat out lying or woefully ignorant you don't bother to do simple math and make clearly false statements with the idea that "well you know what I mean"

PERHAPS Hansen and Balmer did place approximately $312 million in escrow (the 65% minus the 30 Million already paid) There is no reason to believe they did not and they certainly have access to those kinds of funds.

Despite this (or perhaps because of it) the NBA asked the Randive group to place 50% of the purchase amount into escrow. ( about $171 million) They did. Now the the NBA is asking for the full price in escrow and by all accounts it will be in place before the BOG meeting.

I have read Art's pieces and find him fair but at best sloppy and as Brick pointed out quite frequently wrong when reporting inside scoops or even well know facts.

I'll just add this.
Tom Ziller ‏@teamziller 59m

.@Art_Thiel had source saying relocation vote was initially 4-3. NBA spokesman Tim Frank: "It's a total fabrication."

Last edited: