Carl Landry

The Landry trade was fantastic. He is a perfect addition to this team. And to think we got another big bruiser in Dorsey, AND the capspace. It's pretty obvious to me that our team dynamic had completely changed when Martin came back, but it is now back to the way it was before, only better, because we have a low post threat. Being able to throw it down low has already dramatically changed our offensive potential. And the dude hits FTs like nobody's business. Love that guy already. Love his game. Pretty good defender too, although he had a handful in Boozer, held his own, and made some good stops.

Last edited:
Also love his mental toughness in the face of someone talking smack. Seemed that Baron Davis' verbiage only served to inspire Carl. He's got such a baby face I don't expect that kind of thing. He's basketball's baby faced assassin.

carls the man.

his rebounding looked better last night against LA.
what impressed me the most is.. somehow he still dropped 18 points even tho it seemed like our team pretty much ignored him on offense for the first three quarters.
If it wasnt for carls play in the 4th we would of lost that game. He hit some big shots. Hes got the same type of confidence Evans has.

Very happy with the addition of Landry... the best part is that he can start or come off the bench so he's not gonna hold us back from grabbing another pf if one's available.

only knack I have on Carl is he just doesn't get it done on the boards too well...

and when u put him next to Hawes or JT that causes problems @ rebounding

but other than that,I love the guy :)

only knack I have on Carl is he just doesn't get it done on the boards too well...

and when u put him next to Hawes or JT that causes problems @ rebounding

but other than that,I love the guy :)

Hawes was playing big (at least for him) against the Clippers.

Does anyone else get the feeling that Hawes/Landry mesh better than any of our other bigs? Landry does everything JT does but better, despite being 2" shorter- better defender, stronger finisher at the rack, and, very important, much less of a knucklehead.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
Hawes was playing big (at least for him) against the Clippers.

Does anyone else get the feeling that Hawes/Landry mesh better than any of our other bigs? Landry does everything JT does but better, despite being 2" shorter- better defender, stronger finisher at the rack, and, very important, much less of a knucklehead.
Not as good of a rebounder.

The thing I enjoy the most about his game is his hustle and the fact that he's comfortable as hell down in the post and taking the 15-17 foot jumper with ease, also he enjoys the lost art of the slam dunk. He's gonna be a great piece to have down the line for our squad.

Landry has almost everything we could want in a starting PF. Now if he could just grow a couple more inches! But even slightly undersized, I'd take him over half the starting PFs in the league.
His rebounding is yet to be determined (if it's a problem). I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

Landry has almost everything we could want in a starting PF. Now if he could just grow a couple more inches! But even slightly undersized, I'd take him over half the starting PFs in the league.
His rebounding is yet to be determined (if it's a problem). I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now.[/QUOTE]

I'd venture to say now that he has Truck to work with, it will improve...