BUDDY MOTHER LOVING HIELD

I know you arent asking me but I have always said Mitch Richmond lite.
Guess I need to figure out a way to see more Kings games. I'm totally enjoying Buddy's success and have always noted he is an exceptional rebounder for a not so big 2 guard but Mitch Richmond lite? Richmond was not only a very good scorer but probably the best Jordan neutralizer in that day, so hell of a compliment in my opinion.

Thought some of you guys may find this interesting on Kings history 3 point shooting.

Mitch Richmond career 3% 38.8
and best single season in Sac 43.7

Peja career 3% 40.1
Best Sac season 43.3

Jim Les career 3% 39.6
Best Sac season 46.1

Buddy career 3% 42.5
This season 45.6

It's early in his career, but here soon he may be considered the best 3 point shooter we have had of all time to most of us.

Obviously Les' volume was not as high as the other fellas.

Last edited:
I think a lot of fans have forgotten how many clutch plays Peja made for the Kings.
I don't. I fully remember Peja missing a FT on a potential 4 pt play against Minnesota in the playoffs that would have won a game the KINGS had trailed by 10 with a minute to go (I was at the game). And everyone remembers the air ball three in GM7 against that team down South. And there were numerous others.

I love Peja. He was one of my most favorite KINGS from that era. But when it was all on the line in a big game, he often underperformed. For a player that was such a great shooter and scorer, it always drove me crazy. Especially the missed FT's (which I recall happening a few times) since he was a 90+ shooter.

I just feel Peja didn't ever have the killer mentality and often was soft when it counted most. To be fair, a lot of players fall into that category. To a degree, so did CWebb. Not everyone can be Mike Bibby. But I feel like Buddy leans more toward Bibby than Peja.

Just my opinion.

By contrast - one of the Cardiac Kings games earlier this year DeAaron was at the line shooting 2 in the waning seconds and it really counted. I don't remember if it was to go up 4, or to tie the game or what.. but they were crucial free throws. I hollered out "you're clutch baby" because I know he is - he has the clutch gene never mind his percentage.

He buried them both.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I was complaining about him not getting shots and dude hits the next 4. Making Cousins trade look better every day
I hope at some point we can just judge Bubby on his considerable merits without having to always bring Cousins into the equation. Maybe that trade will end up being one where everyone won in the end. ;)