Buddy gone?

Did not know where to post this but certainly thought it could be thread worthy...it appears Buddy Love has liked an IG post from an account called “Sixers alliance” proposing a swap of Al Horford and Buddy this offseason, citing Hields desire to be traded from the Kings.

http://instagr.am/p/B84Q3DvFlYN/

And why exactly would the Kings do that?
I don’t think we would but the more telling part is Buddy still running his mouth and unsatisfied with his role after Walton let him try to be Harden lite for the first half of the season and it didn’t work out. His contracts looking more and more like a mistake with each passing day

I don’t think we would but the more telling part is Buddy still running his mouth and unsatisfied with his role after Walton let him try to be Harden lite for the first half of the season and it didn’t work out. His contracts looking more and more like a mistake with each passing day
Not sure. It is possible that he is more likely to reach his incentives, playing mostly against the other teams 2nd string and still getting starter's minutes.

It’s his verified page with the bluecheck mark and all
But again, the team is in the driver's seat at the moment. If they trade him, I would think it would be be for team's need, not his wants. However, I think there has been a least a couple times that Vlade has done just that. Done a solid for the player rather than team and been crucified for it. Speculation nothing more.

Not sure. It is possible that he is more likely to reach his incentives, playing mostly against the other teams 2nd string and still getting starter's minutes.
That’s a fair point but also assuming Walton gives him starters minutes. What we’ve seen the past couple games I think is Luke going with guys who’s defense is not such a detriment to the team. That will only continue and intensify if we keep winning and things get much closer. Simply can’t have guys who are liability’s to make bonehead decisions on the court in crunch time when we are in a tight playoff race

This is what happens when you have a weak GM agents and players smell blood in the water. I would not have extended Buddy I would have taken it to RFA and why not?

This is BS, taken directly from the RealGM boards. Horford will be 37 at the end of his contract and is going to be paid like $27M per year. Easy pass. Biased, Philly rumor.

Hield for Horford doesn’t make a lot of sense.

If the trade was...

Hield for Horford/Thybulle

Or

Hield for Horford/Smith/Future 1st

...then I may be able to hear it out, but I doubt Philly does the two trades I mentioned above.

For us, we’d get young assets to replace Hield’s value while getting a big who complements Bagley’s game very well. Horford has also been a player who makes a big impact on the game and could potentially help mentor Bagley and grow him into a player that can start contributing to the W column.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Would you mind posting that? All you've shown us is the original post which has no indication that Buddy interacted with it.
I just looked at the post and all I see is some person saying "What do you think of Buddy Hield liking this?" and the usual snarky Sixer-fan responses about the Kings being such a s*** show. I cannot see who has liked the post - there are 3,794 likes and IG doesn't list all those who have liked things any longer.

The post was made 5 days ago.

I'm not sure what people think this is gonna accomplish. Buddy is here until he isn't. He's working hard right now and the team is starting to gel. Everybody needs to just take a chill pill IMHO. The Chicken Little syndrome is getting beyond ridiculous.

Would you mind posting that? All you've shown us is the original post which has no indication that Buddy interacted with it.
I have a screenshot of his name being the first like on my phone I was just having trouble posting the image so decided to go with the actual link itself. It’s Buddy, verified and all. I even thought maybe he unliked it and went back to double check...still there

I just looked at the post and all I see is some person saying "What do you think of Buddy Hield liking this?" and the usual snarky Sixer-fan responses about the Kings being such a s*** show. I cannot see who has liked the post - there are 3,794 likes and IG doesn't list all those who have liked things any longer.

The post was made 5 days ago.

I'm not sure what people think this is gonna accomplish. Buddy is here until he isn't. He's working hard right now and the team is starting to gel. Everybody needs to just take a chill pill IMHO. The Chicken Little syndrome is getting beyond ridiculous.
If you follow Buddy Hield he should show up in the original post as "liked by Buddy Hield and 3783 others" type thing, but yeah...

I still say way too much reading into things that mean nothing. If a friend were to post "please send prayers to my child who just got a cancer diagnosis" and I "liked" or "hearted" their post that doesn't mean I am glad their child has cancer.

If you follow Buddy Hield he should show up in the original post as "liked by Buddy Hield and 3783 others" type thing, but yeah...

I still say way too much reading into things that mean nothing. If a friend were to post "please send prayers to my child who just got a cancer diagnosis" and I "liked" or "hearted" their post that doesn't mean I am glad their child has cancer.
I get what you’re saying but I think that’s a false parallel and not really indicative of what’s been going on this season with Buddy. He has time and time again been quoted in the locker room “speaking his mind” about his handling, whether it was the contract negotiation or the countless other times he’s put his foot in his mouth as some other posters alluded to. I think the issue is not that he liked a hypothetical trade but it’s the reports he will want to be traded this off season then he is only adding fuel to the fire by putting his name on it with a like. My main concern is the chemistry in the locker room and how other guys view his entitlement. You didn’t see Bogdan whine about his role when he was coming off the bench behind Buddy for years AND he has yet to receive his big pay day! Now explain to me again how Buddys continuing attitude & entitlement is a non factor when he’s making 20 mil a year and the team has played better with him on the bench. Tell me again how character matters when you reward a guy who has thrown the franchise under the bus repeatedly and has shown his concern is not with winning, his actions and behavior are self serving and I’m just not sure that’s someone you wanna continue to build around if this is what we have to deal with

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I get what you’re saying but I think that’s a false parallel and not really indicative of what’s been going on this season with Buddy. He has time and time again been quoted in the locker room “speaking his mind” about his handling, whether it was the contract negotiation or the countless other times he’s put his foot in his mouth as some other posters alluded to. I think the issue is not that he liked a hypothetical trade but it’s the reports he will want to be traded this off season then he is only adding fuel to the fire by putting his name on it with a like. My main concern is the chemistry in the locker room and how other guys view his entitlement. You didn’t see Bogdan whine about his role when he was coming off the bench behind Buddy for years AND he has yet to receive his big pay day! Now explain to me again how Buddys continuing attitude & entitlement is a non factor when he’s making 20 mil a year and the team has played better with him on the bench. Tell me again how character matters when you reward a guy who has thrown the franchise under the bus repeatedly and has shown his concern is not with winning, his actions and behavior are self serving and I’m just not sure that’s someone you wanna continue to build around if this is what we have to deal with
Thus far, I haven't seen reference to ANY disharmony in the locker room because of this. Watching how the team reacts when Buddy gets going, I have to believe they're not buying into the social media drama. In fact, I've seen a number of players (both on the Kings and elsewhere) drastically reduce their social media footprint.

Buddy says things that are easily taken the wrong way. He's emotional and mercurial in that regard. In this case, he didn't say anything. He liked a post that had his name in it. Am I glad he did it? Nope. Am I gonna lose any sleep over it or consider it a solid sign that he wants to leave? Nope.

I think it's clear that Buddy is going to have issues with his current role. It's certainly not hard to understand. This is the problem when you have too many bodies and not enough time. The big dark cloud is still how this all shakes out when the bigs are back. I have noticed that since the all star break and Buddy bringing the only thing close to any positive press to Sac in the last kabillion years by winning the 3 point contest his minutes have been adjusted to the negative. The first game back he was substituted later than normal. Then in I think the last game he wasn't even the first sub off the bench. I'm not going to speculate on what's going on here but one has to wonder.

Philadelphia probably fires Brown and gives Ben/Embiid one more run. And this my friends is how we get ourselves an all nba defender on a rookie deal. They will need shooting to go with Biid/Ben and Horford is an absolute terrible contract especially combined with Tobias Harris. Offer Buddy/Holmes for Thybull/Horford start Thybull at SF and Barnes at PF which seems to be better for him anyways. Thybull will be our wing defender guarding 1-4 and Horford could still space the floor and be a very good mentor