Buddy and Bogdan’s extension?

If and when Vlade gets Buddy's contract done by Monday, I will have to say that Vlade's rapport with his players is first class. I don't think you would see that type of interaction between GM and player very often in the NBA, especially during tense contract negotiations.

If this deal gets done by Monday, I am on the Vlade bandwagon as the man that can bring this franchise back to it's glory days! :cool:

Nothing can bring a team closer and overachieve than a feeling of family and having each others back, between management/coaches/players. :)

Forget everything Buddy has done during his tenure, forget everything about his character he has shown, once he tries to maximize his money, turn against him immediately and even trash him coparing him to Bonzi Wells. Thats just sad and thats this thread in a nutshell and we'll see how swimmingly it goes when Buddy sings his extension and continues to put in work for the franchise.

Vlade obviously knows what the situation is and apparently many of these fans should too. Player uses tactics to maximize his money and the front office knows that his press activity is just a tactic by Buddy and his agent
Please give me a list of great players that have pulled the BS tactics that Buddy has pulled.

I am waiting.
Blanket Statements deserve elaboration.

There’s no way Buddy did that as an act of defiance/disrespect or whatever. It has to be having fun with two guys that know something’s going to come together.
that’s nice to hear. But, I doubt you would bet your house on it.
Like Hield betting is house on the playoffs.

I do remember Shaq playing around with Dr. Buss. That’s when De. Buss shipped him out to Miami.
Shaq is a legend. Buddy can’t hold his jock​
Shaq was a different beast. Iirc that situation was more "Kobe or me".

This is an apple to that orange. Buddy signing 4/105 wouldnt Hamper the Kings.

Buddy is going to get close to what he is asking. And the Kings will slide into the luxury tax in his 4th year. Its inevitable. A pill Vivek and ownership will have to swallow to compete.

Vlade didnt build this team to see it fall apart. And it wont. MLS coming to Sacramento is going to help with ticket sales and merchandise. The city is growing, expanding.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well aren't you the shrewd businessman. What would buddy have to add to his game to deserve that oh so sweet extra 2.5mil/year in your opinion?
I’m thinking a little more flair and pizzazz with his game. The Professor from those And1 mixtapes as a template should earn the extra 2.5 mill

I do remember Shaq playing around with Dr. Buss. That’s when De. Buss shipped him out to Miami.
Shaq is a legend. Buddy can’t hold his jock​
that wasn’t how it went down. It was between he and Kobe and Shaq was nearing the downside Of his career (he was still awesome in Miami), but Kobe was in his prime

Well aren't you the shrewd businessman. What would buddy have to add to his game to deserve that oh so sweet extra 2.5mil/year in your opinion?

The Kings have already declared the "super team" route of rebuilding. While most teams this summer have gone back to the standard 2 superstar core, the Kings are banking on star depth. Those types of teams can't skimp here and there because in the end it doesn't matter, so that 2.5 is nothing but extra change in the owners pocket in the end. "Super teams" go well up over the cap at some point. It's just what it is.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I wouldn’t be surprised if Hield is moved Monday. Great players don’t play like that with GM’s.
Good grief.

There’s no way Buddy did that as an act of defiance/disrespect or whatever. It has to be having fun with two guys that know something’s going to come together.
Exactly. Considering what CD, Sean Cunningham and a bunch of others WHO WERE THERE have said, there was no disrespect at all.

Good grief.

Exactly. Considering what CD, Sean Cunningham and a bunch of others WHO WERE THERE have said, there was no disrespect at all.
It’s good to know Cunnigham, Ham, and the other guys know exactly what’s going on.

So, what’s there to worry about. Buddy is signing by tomorrow and it’s guaranteed. Thanks for enlightening me.

Please give me a list of great players that have pulled the BS tactics that Buddy has pulled.

I am waiting.
Blanket Statements deserve elaboration.
Great players get max contracts automatically so great players rarely get into these type of situations. I can name multiple great players that have been a lot worse to their team in terms of trade request. Players like Kobe, AD, Wilt, Dwight Howard ect.

In Nfl these situations are very common where a player tries to maximize his money using some type of public tactics. In Nfl they often even refuse to attend the training camp or sometimes even refuse to play before the new contract is made. In the Nba its different and a little more rare because of the salary cap and restricted free agency. That being said, if the only "sin" Buddy has done is basically that he said a)this franchise havent been able to sign big name free agents (which is obviously true) and b) that he knows what the situation is and wants a serious offer, then I'm 100% ready to laugh at any fans that in a blink of an eye that turned against Buddy.

Extra big laugh on those fans that went full R-word on blindly supporting the organisation by (for some reason) completely trashing the player that has always been a true professional and a team player. All these comparisons and trashing of a character. Smh

Last edited:
Great players get max contracts automatically so great players rarely get into these type of situations. I can name multiple great players that have been a lot worse to their team in terms of trade request. Players like Kobe, AD, Wilt, Dwight Howard ect.

In Nfl these situations are very common where a player tries to maximize his money using some type of public tactics. In Nfl they often even refuse to attend the training camp or sometimes even refuse to play before the new contract is made. In the Nba its different and a little more rare because of the salary cap and restricted free agency. That being said, if the only "sin" Buddy has done is basically that he said a)this franchise havent been able to sign big name free agents (which is obviously true) and b) that he knows what the situation is and wants a serious offer, then I'm 100% ready to laugh at any fans that in a blink of an eye that turned against Buddy.

Extra big laugh on those fans that went full R-word on blindly supporting the organisation by (for some reason) completely trashing the player that has always been a true professional and a team player. All these comparisons and trashing of a character. Smh
Seems to me that you’re doing as much trashing around here as anyone!
I get it; you support Buddy in his attempt to get everything he can get (this side of the max). I don’t, but I would give him $105k right now. But I don’t like his negotiating tactics and I have a right to say so without being called STUPID. To me, that’s on the same emotional level as the person who responds to Buddy’s tactics by saying TRADE THE BUM.
A little moderation, please.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Hield is moved Monday. Great players don’t play like that with GM’s.
Why don’t you bet your house on it?

I swear, you try to put a negative spin on anything and everything. If Buddy does end up signing an extension, I’m sure you’ll have something negative to write about it.

The KINGS could probably win 3 consecutive titles and you’d be here trying to sell someone on the idea that something was rotten about it.

Unreal.

Those (ok like one person) still "worried" about that exchange should watch more highlights from the fan night. After that clearly disrespectful exchange they still had a good time together.

Now this doesn't tell you anything about the certainty of the deal one way or the other, but it does reflect that they understand business is business and Buddy and Vlade have a good relationship nonetheless

Those (ok like one person) still "worried" about that exchange should watch more highlights from the fan night. After that clearly disrespectful exchange they still had a good time together.

Now this doesn't tell you anything about the certainty of the deal one way or the other, but it does reflect that they understand business is business and Buddy and Vlade have a good relationship nonetheless
This is the crux of the whole matter. I'm 100% positive Vlade and Buddy had a session behind closed doors where Vlade set Buddy straight on how to handle these things. And at fan fest they had a little fun with the whole thing.

What people seem to forget and pr gloss over is the relationship Vlade has built with the team. It's a family amongst a business.

What I glean from these public interactions after the Buddy interview is they talked and Vlade was able to let Hield know that they are still behind him and trying to do what is best for the franchise and the players.

I expect an announcement early tomorrow that Buddy signed for 4 years 106 million and it wont hamper the teams pursuit in keeping Bogdan and Fox and Bagley.

It's almost a major plus that Giles has been held out and treated with kid gloves as his future salary demands weigh in the balance.

Why don’t you bet your house on it?

I swear, you try to put a negative spin on anything and everything. If Buddy does end up signing an extension, I’m sure you’ll have something negative to write about it.

The KINGS could probably win 3 consecutive titles and you’d be here trying to sell someone on the idea that something was rotten about it.

Unreal.
Some people just need that negativity in their lives to function, I have found. The ignore feature only sucks in that it blocks out the quoting of the ignored post.

Some people look on the bright side, most people look on both sides, and some people only see the negative.

It's going to be an interesting season. Should be fun tho. There are expectations and honestly a large chance to swing wildly in either direction.