Buddy and Bogdan’s extension?

I can't wait to see a big news today, signing Buddy is so important imo.
We need to keep our key players, off course at a reasonable price but it's too important!

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Are goal based bonuses allowed in nba contracts? Like 4/$100 million base but can earn up to $2.5 million a year if he makes all star/ all nba or team makes playoffs giving him potential to make 4/$110.
Yes, bonuses are allowed if they are tied to specific league awards such as All-Star appearances or All-NBA teams. They can be up to 15% of the contract value.

More info on Buddy Hield's contract extension with the Kings, per source: While the guaranteed money is $86 million, nearly $10 million of the $20 million in incentives are considered likely/within reach (three-point triggers that he has hit before; playoff appearance)

1. [IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1081699999774257152/Zx_yY_Wg_bigger.jpg[/IMG][B]Sam Amick[/B]‏Verified account @[B]sam_amick[/B] 30m30 minutes ago
    More
    More details, per source: The incentives in Buddy Hield's Kings extension are team and player based, including things like All-Star appearances and Finals appearances. His salary declines 8% year over year, and is slated to take up just 13.5% of the cap in the fourth year.

It's been brutal to even read the GB the past few days. One dude called Vlade "the stupidest GM in the league". Its ugly. I almost broke my own rule and signed up there to defend Vlade. Almost. Those posters are too dumb and vendetta driven in regards to the Kings for me to waste my time responding tho. Cant change their spots no matter how hard you try.

But Vlade has done a good job rebuilding this team so I take solace in that. About time to take the next step.

I wonder if we will get any news about Bogdan's extension today or tomorrow?

I don't believe Bogdan is tied to the same deadline as Buddy, but it would be nice to have our Starting Shooting Guard and our 6th man locked up to long term deals before the season starts.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
More info on Buddy Hield's contract extension with the Kings, per source: While the guaranteed money is $86 million, nearly $10 million of the $20 million in incentives are considered likely/within reach (three-point triggers that he has hit before; playoff appearance)

1. [IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1081699999774257152/Zx_yY_Wg_bigger.jpg[/IMG][B]Sam Amick[/B]‏Verified account @[B]sam_amick[/B] 30m30 minutes ago
    More
    More details, per source: The incentives in Buddy Hield's Kings extension are team and player based, including things like All-Star appearances and Finals appearances. His salary declines 8% year over year, and is slated to take up just 13.5% of the cap in the fourth year.
I wish they would add All Defensive Second Team on that list of incentives. I'd be interested in paying him a lot more if he could improve considerably on the defensive end. I just don't want him stat hunting to get those incentives. I hope he realizes that in order to get an All Star appearance the Kings must get into the playoffs, and in order to get to the playoffs he's got to play better D and make better decisions with the ball down the stretch.

I do like the declining guaranteed salary over the contract. And I very much like the fact that the Kings are going to be paying big money to him during the heart of his prime-time playing years. That is a theme that I love about Vlade - he's paying guys some pretty good money, but it is during their prime. Overall, I'm happy about this deal.

This is the crux of the whole matter. I'm 100% positive Vlade and Buddy had a session behind closed doors where Vlade set Buddy straight on how to handle these things. And at fan fest they had a little fun with the whole thing.

What people seem to forget and pr gloss over is the relationship Vlade has built with the team. It's a family amongst a business.

What I glean from these public interactions after the Buddy interview is they talked and Vlade was able to let Hield know that they are still behind him and trying to do what is best for the franchise and the players.

I expect an announcement early tomorrow that Buddy signed for 4 years 106 million and it wont hamper the teams pursuit in keeping Bogdan and Fox and Bagley.

It's almost a major plus that Giles has been held out and treated with kid gloves as his future salary demands weigh in the balance.
Damn. Called it. Hopefully he can hit all his incentives lol

Vlade and KenCat nail yet another deal. Keeping the base contract below 9 figures is a coup
Im not really sure how we keep getting these guys to agree to declining contracts, but its freaking awesome and super rare in the NBA. Speaks to the trust the players have in this FO to use that gift to keep the team competitive long-term.

The maximum that Bogi can sign an extension for is around 51 million over 4 years I believe.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiret...d-His-Current-Max-Eligible-Extension-Of-$514M

So when you hear max, well his max is rather low compared to what Buddy just got.

He can sign this later on in the season, no deadline like Buddy had today.

We'd be blessed if he accepted that, more than likely, RFA and we'd have to match later in the off season. He can accept more than that once FA starts.

I do believe Bogi knows he was slowed down the last few years and by staying healthy and now having adjusted to the NBA has a big chance to showcase his skills which very well could lead to a nice paycheck.
But Bogi went out of his way to say he isn’t overly motivated by $$$. So hopefully if the team continues to show improvement and growth, he’ll very much be inclined to stay and accept less than he might receive elsewhere.