Buddy and Bogdan’s extension?

Exactly 20 million goes a long way i don't care what he think he's worth 90 million is plenty enough, again it was dumb to pay Barnes and that was the move that pretty much set us back a long way but no need to compound.

Other than Fox (Bagley jury out would not trade him atm) everyone else is expendable.
exactly fox and Bagley project to be our go to guys with this attitude and game to not match it he can see the door.

The front office is now in the no-win situation they are used to, if they had put a gag order on Buddy after his first comments they wouldn’t be here now. If they pay him they are rewarding bad behavior. If they don’t then it’s trade away this season (he’ll want to be traded) and our hope for progress. I think paying is the best of two unappealing options. Bad news is other players will then feel obliged to air their negotiations.

Hi guys, just a quick presentation of myself before i give my reply.
I'm 27 and i support the Kings all the way from Paris France !
I can't wait to see this team back in the playoffs, the city will be on fire (I guess?) because I'm a new fan, nobody could tell me that I'm a bandwagon haha.

About the Buddy Hield situation, he became a key player of the team last year.
He's a great shooter, and an important piece that we should extend like most of the fans, I agree that he's asking for too much money, but in the other side I feel like we should extend him and keep all our keys players.
And maybe we should let go Bogdan to have enough money for Fox and Bagley, but this his just my opinion.

No new news???? I can't handle no new news! It's been a day. What is taking so long!?

FEED ME
There probably won't be any news until Monday, right around the deadline. Buddy's agent will probably wait until the last minutes to see if he can milk out a few extra millions out of the Kings. I still expect the deal to get done, just don't hold your breathe for any new news until Monday.

When and who expressed remorse? They mean some "Kings" fans and/or pundits?

I don't think Barnes was contract was that far off. Max deal for Tobias Harris is an overpay. When dallas signed Barnes to a max, THAT was an overpay. His contract looks pretty decent to me.

Where does Barnes rank as a SF? Are there 10 better SFs?

Edit: aslo, Barnes declined the 25mil option to sign extension, so one would assume behind the scenes the kings agreed to "bake in" the money he gave up this year into that contract.

Last edited:
When and who expressed remorse? They mean some "Kings" fans and/or pundits?

I don't think Barnes was contract was that far off. Max deal for Tobias Harris is an overpay. When dallas signed Barnes to a max, THAT was an overpay. His contract looks pretty decent to me.

Where does Barnes rank as a SF? Are there 10 better SFs?

Relative to this role his production it will never look that great but the Kings have a top 5 talent depth ATM few teams can match and Barnes is capable of much more as a part of that 5. His willingness to buy in and fit in while in that role is worth the extra cost alone. That said, he can't be the thing that costs you one of the others in that top 5.

Relative to this role his production it will never look that great but the Kings have a top 5 talent depth ATM few teams can match and Barnes is capable of much more as a part of that 5. His willingness to buy in and fit in while in that role is worth the extra cost alone. That said, he can't be the thing that costs you one of the others in that top 5.
The Kings are really banking on Barnes to be a player he hasn't quite been, a great role player. He's been a mediocre volume scorer, solid but unspectacular 3 point shooter, with OK defense.

But he has the size and abilities to be a plus defender, and with less responsibilities, maybe turn himself into a knockdown 40% 3 pt shooter. The Kings really need him to be their Iguodala, a stabilizing leader who creates some synergy. Iggy's numbers dropped with the dubs, but his reputation soared.

If Barnes does what he did the last 4 years for the next 4, his contract will be a huge bust. It's a big gamble with all these extensions coming up.

Well we have two players who may or not sign by Monday and they are handling it differently. I do understand the max is different but the attitude is totally 180.

I can see Bogdanovic doing a Barnes structured type of contract and there is a very good chance his value will go up by then.

On Buddy his value could be peaked and by the end of the season not worth 100 million plus.

I am just going by our expectations

Why do people over hype mediocrity. Fact: Harrison Barnes was listed as Number 27 in Small Forwards in the 2018-19 season. Real Plus Minus! Look it up on ESPN. He's a net negative on the floor -0.21. Players like Royce O Neal, Jared Dudley and Even Cody Zeller had a better impact on the floor than Barnes.

He doesn't really impact the game. Some nights, he's a complete ghost out there. You will see 15 pts and 5 boards. But, those stats are empty.

An example of how overpaid Barnes is: Easy. The Phoenix Suns traded TJ Warren and the Suns 32 pick to the Pacers. Tj Warren makes 10 mil, scores about 19 pts a game, and is 2 years younger. Now, that is negotiation.

Barnes is a fantastic magician. He was the worst player on the Dubs championship real, plus minus(look it up) He then fleeced the Mavs. A high volume, low impact player. Now, he pulled the wool over the Kings as well.

I can't wait to see this team back in the playoffs, the city will be on fire (I guess?) because I'm a new fan, nobody could tell me that I'm a bandwagon haha.

He's a great shooter, and an important piece that we should extend like most of the fans, I agree that he's asking for too much money, but in the other side I feel like we should extend him and keep all our keys players.
And maybe we should let go Bogdan to have enough money for Fox and Bagley, but this his just my opinion.
Welcome aboard!

The Kings are really banking on Barnes to be a player he hasn't quite been, a great role player. He's been a mediocre volume scorer, solid but unspectacular 3 point shooter, with OK defense.

But he has the size and abilities to be a plus defender, and with less responsibilities, maybe turn himself into a knockdown 40% 3 pt shooter. The Kings really need him to be their Iguodala, a stabilizing leader who creates some synergy. Iggy's numbers dropped with the dubs, but his reputation soared.

If Barnes does what he did the last 4 years for the next 4, his contract will be a huge bust. It's a big gamble with all these extensions coming up.
Yeah good post. We 100% aren't paying him that money to be the guy he was the past 3 seasons, but the super role player that was a key cog in the first Warriors championship: Space the floor, defend multiple positions, be the stabilizing vet presence on the court with a core full of young guys who all need offensive USG. Iggy is a really good comp for what we want Barnes to be. His defense was a huge part in Golden State's dominance on that end the last few years and his ability to have a big impact without taking tons of USG allowed Steph/KD/Klay/Dray have enough room on offense to do their thing. Barnes ended last season with a 16.3% USG with us, which is exactly the range we want him in.

Another good post. Wasn't happy with the contract itself, but it made sense if coupled with the fact that we were gonna go all-in on Fox/Buddy/Bogdan/Giles/Bagley to take us to the promised land. Overpaying for a 3/4 flex player that showed a willingness to buy in last season and dial back his USG absolutely has value in the NBA and with his team.

Like you said though, if it costs us one of the above 5, it becomes an atrocious contract and just bad talent evaluation.

Yes I would of preferred that his contract was less but I have no problem with it. Our big hole at small forward was glaring and it cost us really nothing but money to get him from Dallas.

We have a small forward who can play defense and power forward in certain lineups and having him around we should be well set in that position. He is a very good stabilizing force that we need.

His contract drops like 2 million a year and unless baring injury would be easier to move in year 4 at 18 million. Heck at 20mil in year 3 may work for us.

We can all bet vlade was hoping Buddy would be reasonable and did factor in the Barnes deal considering what Barnes was paid last year.

So my opinion is make Buddy wait and if his production increases all around he just may get more when open season happens and if he doesn’t like what is offered OH WELL!

If you’re as good as we hope you are then we go to the playoffs. If not with you and end up back in the higher lottery what have you changed. Don’t forget we moved a lot better player than you because of that and you’re the one we traded for.

Forget everything Buddy has done during his tenure, forget everything about his character he has shown, once he tries to maximize his money, turn against him immediately and even trash him coparing him to Bonzi Wells. Thats just sad and thats this thread in a nutshell and we'll see how swimmingly it goes when Buddy sings his extension and continues to put in work for the franchise.

Vlade obviously knows what the situation is and apparently many of these fans should too. Player uses tactics to maximize his money and the front office knows that his press activity is just a tactic by Buddy and his agent

kingsboi

Hall of Famer

are you a PSG fan?

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Forget everything Buddy has done during his tenure, forget everything about his character he has shown, once he tries to maximize his money, turn against him immediately and even trash him coparing him to Bonzi Wells. Thats just sad and thats this thread in a nutshell and we'll see how swimmingly it goes when Buddy sings his extension and continues to put in work for the franchise.

Vlade obviously knows what the situation is and apparently many of these fans should too. Player uses tactics to maximize his money and the front office knows that his press activity is just a tactic by Buddy and his agent
Buddy gonna be the new Johnny Manziel with his money signs?