Breaking news from the forest!

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Bballkingsrock said:
thats bad, i have a tennis game today :(
Sorry it may get rained out, but I'd trade that for rain to prevent (and/or put out) forest fires any day. Sometimes ya just gotta look at the bigger picture.

:D

Kingsgurl said:
Thank goodness! It's now raining here as well. Good news, I just saved $10 on a car wash by leaving my car in the driveway:D
10 bucks? Where do you go to get your car wash? I just paid close to 20 bucks (for inside and out) plus a tip to the guy doing the inside work. :mad: I was trying so hard not to take my car out of the garage today, trying to get someone to drive me places...

Back to the thread: Its raining, which is good for the fires, but it also opened up the opportunity for mudslides and things of that nature. So, everyone up that way, stay safe!

ReinadelosReys said:
Back to the thread: Its raining, which is good for the fires, but it also opened up the opportunity for mudslides and things of that nature. So, everyone up that way, stay safe!
True, they are now very concerned about mudslides up here, up highway 50. Anyone else up here?

quick dog said:
I think the Hwy 50 fire is under control. I heard some big helicopters pulling out yesterday morning.

http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/eldorado/incident/fred/index.html

The fire on 88 is probably done also.

We can breathe again.
Thank Gawd! With Sat/Sun winds and then Sunday's rain, I can breathe again!!

That was awful (not as bad as a few years ago when the winds turned south and brought the Shasta fires smoke, ash, and smell down to us but bad enough!).

As for your sig? Bob Wills? Yup, I cheated and googled (but I could still be wrong...looks like the same guy to me!).

Your avatar heading gives it away every time....or are you just hoping we'll learn some music history by searching? :D

KK!

Last edited:
kingskings! said:
Thank Gawd! With Sat/Sun winds and then Sunday's rain, I can breathe again!!

That was awful (not as bad as a few years ago when the winds turned south and brought the Shasta fires smoke, ash, and smell down to us but bad enough!).

As for your sig? Bob Wills? Yup, I cheated and googled (but I could still be wrong...looks like the same guy to me!).

Your avatar heading gives it away every time....or are you just hoping we'll learn some music history by searching? :D

KK!
Don't cheat! Looks as though I may have to take some security measures.

Oh, by the way, NOT!

Willy Nelson and Waylon Jennings may have called Bob Wills the "King of Country Swing", but the mystery avatar IS NOT Bob Wills. I'll give you another clue. The mystery C&W guy was big in Bakersfield, CA.

And no, it's not Cal Worthington.

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Yes, it is still raining. And the raindrops are apparently expecting the worst - they're wearing cammy gear. White cammy gear...

quick dog said:
Don't cheat! Looks as though I may have to take some security measures.

Oh, by the way, NOT!

Willy Nelson and Waylon Jennings may have called Bob Wills the "King of Country Swing", but the mystery avatar IS NOT Bob Wills. I'll give you another clue. The mystery C&W guy was big in Bakersfield, CA.

And no, it's not Cal Worthington.
gene autry
roy rogers
bob something or other....those are my guesses